Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sellers on Pittsburgh fans at Fed Ex: "That was ridiculous"

SMOSS89

Some folks need to sell a few games to make it affordable to attend other games. A lot of season ticket holders live out of town, and it is not feasible to take a Tuesday off after a Monday night game.

I live in South Carolina, and my season ticket number just came up. I will not be able to attend all home games. I'll be lucky if I can make it to five or six. After ten years on the waiting list and thirty-six years of being a die-hard fan, I don't see that it is anyone's business what I do with my tickets.

It sucks that the Steeler fans represented so well, but they do that everywhere. If the Redskins had held the lead, we would not have noticed those fans nearly as much.

The players have every right to complain about having to go to a silent count in their own stadium. Fedex is their house, and the fans make it as such. Those of you fail to see that are probably the same type of people that would sell your ticket to the opposing team to make a buck, so it's really a pointless argument, because you can't make people care about home field advantage, some people just have season tickets specifically to make money off of them.

Nope, but its funny how they are upset when a fan makes the most he can off a ticket, but they would leave for a few dollars more in a heartbeat.

I'm upset there were so many steeler fans there too, but the players are the last people that should be ****ing about it.

Why shouldnt they? Its part of having HOME games... and why they refer to it as HOME FIELD advantage... Players feed off of the crowds energy.

if my family and i would've decided to go and not sell our tickets, i would've been livid for having to endure that piss poor game and come home soar from yelling and banging my hands on the seats of section 110.

holding calls, dropped passes, and missed blocks have nothing to do with crowd noise. we've been in louder stadiums than that and played much better. all we would've had to do is score a freaking touchdown and the steelers fans would've been shut down.

every game i've gone to before, i've been hassled for being loud (not drunk either)...now that i don't go, it's my fault that 30k fans felt the same hassle of getting up in the morning for work?

it's bs and you're all acting pathetic.

Sell your tickets to a skin fan if you have to go to work the next day. If we're pathetic for being pissed about the fact the Steelers had a homefield advantage in FedEx, then our pathetic behavior is brought on by your greedy lazy nature so we're all in the doghouse here.

"Seriously? If thats the case NFL players are not used to playing in loud environments. It was not THAT loud in there, not even the first 5 minutes when things were going the Skins way."

NFL players are used to playin in loud environments; just not when they are supposed to have "home field advantage"

"What are the estimates of Steelers fans there last night, from my vantage point, I would say less than 30% (probably easily). So, your telling me that 30k people in a stadium with a 90k capcity made enough noise to require a silent snap count? Thats pathetic if true."

Why is this so pathetic?? If the other 60k are bein silent so the offense can fuction, yet u hav that 30k makin noise, i think it would be pretty difficult to hear sum important things like the right snap count. I was there and yes it was terribly loud when our offense was on the field.

I have been to alot of games and i have NEVER seen anything like that b4, EVER!! But with that bein said, that's no excuse for the way our offense played. We still need to find ways to win.

Sell your tickets to a skin fan

Easier said than done. I've offered my seats up for half of what they cost me..hundreds of dollars lost on the tickets to me, just to try to make sure homers get in the seats, and gotten no takers. We're not all rich. We can't afford to just give away our tickets if no skins fan is willing to buy them at that huge of a loss to us.

In my case at least, I live by the paycheck and my season tickets are my one luxury. Selling a couple in-demand games is the cost of being able to afford to renew and be there for every other damn game. They're always offered to homers first, but if there are no takers I gotta do what I gotta to so that I can be there as often as I can to support the team.

Look, the 'skins had huge chances to shut up the Steelers fans and put this game away early. Botched surprise on-sides? Put it in the damn end-zone. Pick in Steelers territory? Put it in the damn end-zone. The defense had the crowd rockin' and the O had their chances to ice this game fast, and they failed to execute.

Easier said than done. I've offered my seats up for half of what they cost me..hundreds of dollars lost on the tickets to me, just to try to make sure homers get in the seats, and gotten no takers. We're not all rich. We can't afford to just give away our tickets if no skins fan is willing to buy them at that huge of a loss to us.

In my case at least, I live by the paycheck and my season tickets are my one luxury. Selling a couple in-demand games is the cost of being able to afford to renew and be there for every other damn game. They're always offered to homers first, but if there are no takers I gotta do what I gotta to so that I can be there as often as I can to support the team.

Look, the 'skins had huge chances to shut up the Steelers fans and put this game away early. Botched surprise on-sides? Put it in the damn end-zone. Pick in Steelers territory? Put it in the damn end-zone. The defense had the crowd rockin' and the O had their chances to ice this game fast, and they failed to execute.

Good response! I would suspect that when the ST invoices came out this spring, most thought they could afford the tickets, like any other year. Now, some fans have lost their ability to stay whole, week to week with a decent pay check, if they haven't lost their job already. What are they do do? They are sitting on a couple thousand dollars worth of tickets and selling 2 MNF Steelers tickets will put 2 tires on the car and some gas in the tank and maybe a treat in the fridge. It seems to me as well, the homers don't want to pay more than face value to see their Skins play but opposing team fans will pay anything to see their team play. Why is that? Who are the real fans here? What are we Skins fans willing to do to be at all games, regardless, home or away? Does our loyalty have a price?:cheers:

No doubt the Redskins played a bad game and the players look like whiners for complaining about the crowd. BUT why don't you consider giving up your season tickets and just buying the few games you want to go to through STUBHUB? That way, you still go to the games and the tickets stay in Skins fans hands.

If we were up 23-6 we wouldn't have heard a peep.

It is what it is.

The point is we've created an environment that allows 33-35% of another teams fan base to come into our house and neutralize home field advantage...Pete Kendall was right on when he said that he didn't think DC had that kind of fan base, to sell out their tickets for triple their value to other teams fans...Good for him for speaking up...

Did you ever see a game a RFK? I'm embarrasses that we didn't represent our team for a huge game at home.

The point is we've created an environment that allows 33-35% of another teams fan base to come into our house and neutralize home field advantage...Pete Kendall was right on when he said that he didn't think DC had that kind of fan base, to sell out their tickets for triple their value to other teams fans...Good for him for speaking up...

Did you ever see a game a RFK? I'm embarrasses that we didn't represent our team for a huge game at home.

THAT is Snyder's fault, primarily. He added 14,000 seats onto a stadium that was already plenty big. So there are always tickets floating around. And now he has hooked up with STUBHUB to basically invite fans to sell their tickets on the secondary market. So Smoot was wrong when he said he knew Dan didn't invite those Steelers fans into FEDEX. In a way, he surely did.

BUT why don't you consider giving up your season tickets and just buying the few games you want to go to through STUBHUB? That way, you still go to the games and the tickets stay in Skins fans hands.

Because being a Washington Redskins season ticket holder is something that I've dreamt about since I was old enough to know what being a fan meant. I breathe this team. It might sound dumb, but that status means something to me and I do what I have to do to keep it.

Edit - Maybe if season ticket prices were brought down to a point where more real fans like us could afford them, this wouldn't be as big of a problem. But I can't do anything about that.

Because being a Washington Redskins season ticket holder is something that I've dreamt about since I was old enough to know what being a fan meant. I breathe this team. It might sound dumb, but that status means something to me and I do what I have to do to keep it.

Well, that's nice. But you are CLEARLY hurting the team when you do that. As the players made clear. If you can sleep at night doing that, so be it.

I dont care how many away fans are there. Score some damn points and you will not hear a peep from them. Seems to me that the players were more concerned with how many steelers fans were there instead of worry about how to score some points. Im not happy with how many steelers fans were there but im also not happy with how this team played. Both was horrible in my book.

Well, that's nice. But you are CLEARLY hurting the team when you do that. As the players made clear. If you can sleep at night doing that, so be it.

Not being in my seat for one or two games so that I can be there for the entire rest of the season year in and out isn't affecting the team. Put the blame on the corporate seats. Put the blame on the ticket brokers who hold seats for resale. Put the blame on the office for tickets being priced out of the range of the rank-n-file fans. But don't you dare try to blame real fans who are struggling to do what they need to so that they can be there for this team. You have no idea what sacrifices we've made.

Remember this if you sold your tickets...think about how that makes the players feel. The atmosphere the fans create have alot to do with the output on the field. If you sold out you should remove yourself from this community.

I can't fathom that someone wouldn't sell one or two game against AFC opponents in order to guarantee that they can be there for the rest of the season if that's what they have to do to afford it. Imo fans should do what they have to do to be there for the team.

I can't speak for anyone else. Just myself. But my tickets, when I can't attend myself, are always offered to homers first at huge discounts under face before I even think of putting them on any of the ticket sites. If there are no takers, up they go. And even then, 'skins fans have just as much opportunity to buy them as the opposition does. Every seat that a Steeler fan bought off some ticket broker site was a seat that they cared more about their team to spend the cash on than a 'skins fan did. Many of those seats were passed up by other 'skins fans long before the opposition got a shot at them.

Again, I'm not a corporation or a broker. That's a whole other ball game that has its own crap attached to it. And I can't speak for anyone else. But I always offer way under face and never more than my cost for any game and always to homers first. I don't try to profit. The fact of the matter is, as much as I'd like to, I just can't afford to gift several hundreds of dollars worth of tickets to strangers whenever I can't make a game. Every attempt to guarantee a homer in my seat is made, but when it's crunch time sometimes you just have to roll those dice and just hope a 'skins fan is the one that gets my tickets. If I can't sell a couple games per season, I can't be there for the other ten - and damnit there is no way I'm letting that happen.

Pete Kendall needs to STFU and block somebody and not worry about who is in the stands. SEVEN sacks Pete, SEVEN sacks. DC has always supported the Redskins, but in bad ecomomic times call for drastic measures. There are still alot of season ticket holders from the RFK days that used to pay for instance $500 a year for lower bowl seats at RFK. Those same seats make cost triple that now at the Fed. We still sell out. We still don't get blacked out at home. I'd say that's a very good fanbase. And this was ONE game where alot of other fans were in the stands. They were pretty loud through 1 1/2 quarters until the team started to fall apart. Should they cheer for sacks against us? TD's against us?

I dont care how many away fans are there. Score some damn points and you will not hear a peep from them. Seems to me that the players were more concerned with how many steelers fans were there instead of worry about how to score some points. Im not happy with how many steelers fans were there but im also not happy with how this team played. Both was horrible in my book.

Agreed. Tired of the players complaining. Since when did they get put in charge of the ticket office? Here's an idea Skins. PUT THE DAMN BALL IN THE ENDZONE and maybe the fans will cheer. You're not in a FG kicking contest. You put the ball in the endzone and go up 14-0 instead of 6-0 and the place goes bananas. The Steelers DO NOT win that game down 14-0. We gave them life and they took it from us.

I totally agree that is should be the last thing the players are talking about, but the fact they are talking about it what does that tell you ?

We were up by 6 early then the Redskins fans went to sleep .

But why do you think they went to sleep? 23 unanswered points is a very good reason. The fan/player relationship works both ways. You give the fans something to cheer about and they will. You don't give anything then you get nothing. :helmet:

But why do you think they went to sleep? 23 unanswered points is a very good reason. The fan/player relationship works both ways. You give the fans something to cheer about and they will. You don't give anything then you get nothing. :helmet:

^^^ This.

We can go into hostile environments like Dallas and Philly and play our asses off and win, but you wanna tell us that an unfortunate number of away fans at home and a bunch of dumb ass yellow towels are going to affect the team's performance to any sort of game-deciding degree? C'mon, man.

Thats the most ignorant thing I have ever heard. Both from a common sense and common courtesy standpoint.

Its funny how many of you cry about people like Stugein having tickets, and your still on the list. When your number comes up and you find yourself in a similar situation, you will do the same thing. Lets not get this holier than though attitude.

Secondly, any fan who loses sleep over the role they played in the Redskin's losing a football game is a delusional moron.

It's just embarrasing that's all...When you have our own players, and local and national media commenting on it, it's worth talking about. Whatever the reason may be, we don't have the football fan base we did back in the 80's. Soldier field, Lambieau, Heinz, the Link--never in a million years would an opposing team represent so deep in numbers, in the stands, at those places. Winning on the road is tough, why should it be as tough at home?

Truth is, there's a Steelers bar in every major city in America, because Pittsburgh natives have pulled up stakes and moved away from home in large numbers.

The notion that Steelers fans 'travel well' is a little misleading. Sure, some of them do travel...but in reality many of them already LIVE wherever a given game is taking place.

This is actually very true - I've got the Double whammy of living in the heart of enemy territory - Texas - and was forced to watch the game surrounded by Steelers fans at a bar devoted to the Steelers... in Texas....

As for all those there - I would be ashamed to have been present at that game. My family is one of those families that have passed down our tickets from father to son since 1938. Recently they became a co-op of cousins, aunts and uncles all buying a few tickets each in a pool to keep them. What happened to those fans? Where did they go? Time was when we were the BEST MOST LOYAL fans in football.

JMHO

Archived