Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Admit it, how many of you guys did it...

corrupt3d

Its not that there's something wrong with voting third party per se, but its just not going to do anything.

I don't see any point in voting for someone who isn't a Dem or Republican but I'm not gonna give anyone **** for doing so.

And what's the point in voting for something you don't believe in? Same thing. So if someone in America doesn't want to be a lemming and follow the 2 parties, they wasted their vote in your opinion? Sorry, mine counts. It may be in the losing column, but it counts!

I voted Ron Paul...Why you might ask?

Because it's MY vote, and I'll do what I want with it. I hate when people say "Whaaa you wasted a vote!". Wasting a vote would be NOT voting. As an american who has the privlidge to vote I chose Ron Paul. Will he win? Of course not, but that's not the point.

Believe it or not you wasted your vote. You voted for someone who isn't even a politician. Although you don't like the candidates you should try and pick the lesser of two evils.

I tried that in 2004. It didn't do any good. I decided to go in another direction. And with your logic, the people who voted for the 1 party who loses, wasted their votes. Oh hell yeah, let's just appoint a dictator.

My vote went to a guy who I wanted to win. He won't win - we all know that. But what's the point when:

a. Obama won MD before he was even picked as the Dem candidate

b. He will win by a far greater margin than 1 vote

c. I dont like either candidate

I voted. I put my say in as to how I want the country run next term - not by one of those guys. So I have every right to complain still.

Cool. I guess you were looking for a :cheers: or something?

I guess everyone should start a thread detailing how you filled out your ballots.

Again, do what you want, but don't come to a message board, post that you essentially wasted your time, and then be surprised that some people have an opinion.

And what's the point in voting for something you don't believe in? Same thing. So if someone in America doesn't want to be a lemming and follow the 2 parties, they wasted their vote in your opinion? Sorry, mine counts. It may be in the losing column, but it counts!

Maybe I should try another language.

There is nothing WRONG with voting third party...it just won't do much, if anything.

VA, not DC.

You guys can keep stating that those who do what is expected are wasting votes using some obscure logic.

You came to a football message board and told people you wrote in "Joe Gibbs" for president. You didn't expect a reaction from anyone?

Cool. I guess you were looking for a :cheers: or something?

I guess everyone should start a thread detailing how you filled out your ballots.

Again, do what you want, but don't come to a message board, post that you essentially wasted your time, and then be surprised that some people have an opinion.

Well actually, I'm surprised that some people have the opinion of "Vote this way or die".

EDIT: And for the record, I was far more concerned with the other positions on the ballot - not just the President. I voted for whom I wanted to and its not a waste.

EDIT2: And this way, when the country gets ****ed up, I can sit back and say I had nothing to do with it, so congrats.

Well actually, I'm surprised that some people have the opinion of "Vote this way or die".

No one has said that.

I don't even care if you voted McCain or Obama (I'm not a democrat or a republican) so don't pull that. I just think it's immature and wasteful to vote for a non-politician and just throw your ballot away.

Why not make a statement against Obama if you really don't want him to carry MD? If more people did that, maybe it wouldn't be a foregone conclusion that MD will vote blue...

Good point...I voted for the following people today:

Jim Zorn

Greg Blache

Chris Horton

Wish me luck!

:rolleyes: Did I say, wish me luck?

Excuse me for thinking that posting on a Redskins website about how I voted for Joe Gibbs would ellicit a bit more laughter than stupidity.

And it is stupidity sir, I voted with my given right to vote for whomever I wanted to. Not using that right is stupid (hence, not voting)

Again, its your right and I don't care if you vote third party, but your candidate won't win.

Its my choice to vote within the two parties, and yours to not do so.

Do as you wish, its none of my business.

Then why bust his chops? No one busted yours over who you voted for.

I have no problem with the two party system.

Multiple-party governments tend to be very unstable, and while you may not like the two party system its here to stay.

And if more people would stop buying into their political bullcrap, then maybe we can get rid of them and have more than 2 viable candidates each election.

Maybe we don't understand the term "waste" or something...whether or not you like either candidate is irrelevant. My vote went toward a candidate that might win, you just wasted time/paper/electricity when it comes to the presidential election.

I commend you for voting for the other elections, but that wasn't my point...I think it's the duty of all citizens to vote for someone who might win or admit that they can't complain when the next president takes office.

So, the only vote that counts is for the winning side? WTF kind of logic is that? Do you want a medal for voting for the winning candidate if he does win? It's also the duty of all citizens to vote for who they think will be in their best interests, not who they think will win. So illogical I don't know where to begin. And yes, I will complain about whoever gets in, because I didn't vote for the MoFo who gets elect whether it's the old man or the liar and you guys did. I'll blame the voters who voted for them.

:rolleyes: Did I say, wish me luck?

Excuse me for thinking that posting on a Redskins website about how I voted for Joe Gibbs would ellicit a bit more laughter than stupidity.

And it is stupidity sir, I voted with my given right to vote for whomever I wanted to. Not using that right is stupid (hence, not voting)

Please don't call me stupid. I'm far from it.

Anyway, good luck with that vote big guy.

I voted Ron Paul...Why you might ask?

Because it's MY vote, and I'll do what I want with it. I hate when people say "Whaaa you wasted a vote!". Wasting a vote would be NOT voting. As an american who has the privlidge to vote I chose Ron Paul. Will he win? Of course not, but that's not the point.

That's a bit different than what a few of these people are objecting to.

I don't care either way really but corrupt3d basically protested against two guys he didn't feel were qualified to be President . . . by voting for someone who isn't qualified to be President - in fact he isn't even seeking the job.

The difference between that and those who vote for Barr/Nader/Paul are that most who vote for them genuinely believe they are the better candidate and qualified for office - as opposed to voting for a football coach. :2cents:

Please don't call me stupid. I'm far from it.

Anyway, good luck with that vote big guy.

Then please don't think I wasted my vote, I didn't do that.

As for your own stupidity - that's relative. Thinking that you can only vote for the two guys with a chance of winning - that's stupid. Thinking that you should never vote for the third guy out of spite of the first two - that's stupid.

So frankly, what you're spewing in this here thread, imho, is stupid. You may think my post was stupid, my vote was a waste - but I think you're stupid too.

So, the only vote that counts is for the winning side? WTF kind of logic is that? Do you want a medal for voting for the winning candidate if he does win? It's also the duty of all citizens to vote for who they think will be in their best interests, not who they think will win. So illogical I don't know where to begin. And yes, I will complain about whoever gets in, because I didn't vote for the MoFo who gets elect whether it's the old man or the liar and you guys did. I'll blame the voters who voted for them.

No, but the only votes that count are the ones that go toward a party that could win. I didn't say that I voted for the candidate that will win. But my candidate isn't going to get < 5 write-in votes.

My point is, why vote if your vote isn't going to potentially make a difference? Personally, it's better to stay at home than clog up the lines/process with an assinine vote.

I don't think either candidate is great, trust me. But I made the best decision I could to pick the better of the two. Does that not make sense?

No, but the only votes that count are the ones that go toward a party that could win. I didn't say that I voted for the candidate that will win. But my candidate isn't going to get < 5 write-in votes.

My point is, why vote if your vote isn't going to potentially make a difference? Personally, it's better to stay at home than clog up the lines/process with an assinine vote.

I don't think either candidate is great, trust me. But I made the best decision I could to pick the better of the two. Does that not make sense?

Obama won MD before he even announced he was running. Why vote at all then?

Oh, cause theres other things on the ballot, like Question 2, that I wanted to vote for.

I apologize that MD isn't a swing state.

For me writing in a candidate, or voting 3rd party is not a wasted vote; IMO its a vote of disatisfaction, a few years ago the Independant parties were relatively unknown but now they are getting a lot more attention. Frankly, I believe that has a lot to do with the internet. IMO we'll continue to see growth in the 3rd parties until the DNC and GOP begin to listen to why people are disatisfied, which WILL happen it just takes time, but trust me the DNC and GOP are not stupid if they starting seeing large blocks of voters going elsewhere they WILL try and get those voters back as such I don't think we'll see a sudden rise in the size of 3rd parties primarily because the GOP and DNC will be stealing their thunder in order to court their voters.

For me writing in a candidate, or voting 3rd party is not a wasted vote; IMO its a vote of disatisfaction, a few years ago the Independant parties were relatively unknown but now they are getting a lot more attention. Frankly, I believe that has a lot to do with the internet. IMO we'll continue to see growth in the 3rd parties until the DNC and GOP begin to listen to why people are disatisfied, which WILL happen it just takes time, but trust me the DNC and GOP are not stupid if they starting seeing large blocks of voters going elsewhere they WILL try and get those voters back as such I don't think we'll see a sudden rise in the size of 3rd parties primarily because the GOP and DNC will be stealing their thunder in order to court their voters.

Had Ross Perot not dropped out in 1996, he had the potential of making some BIG noise.

I'm not a third-party supporter, I'm a moderate Republican who can stray party lines when necessary.

Today, I felt as though neither deserved my vote - though I have no issue with either being President, I could not vote for either myself.

In the spirit of all this political stuff, I wonder if there is a way we can slow down your sig so we can stare at her butt longer.:D

I find if you click the scroll button on your mouse and start scrolling very slowly, the picture pauses.... that helps...

Archived