Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Al-Qaeda supports John McCain

WVUforREDSKINS

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/21/AR2008102102477.html

Al-Qaeda is watching the U.S. stock market's downward slide with something akin to jubilation, with its leaders hailing the financial crisis as a vindication of its strategy of crippling America's economy through endless, costly foreign wars against Islamist insurgents.

And at least some of its supporters think Sen. John McCain is the presidential candidate best suited to continue that trend.

"Al-Qaeda will have to support McCain in the coming election," said a commentary posted Monday on the extremist Web site al-Hesbah, which is closely linked to the terrorist group. It said the Arizona Republican would continue the "failing march of his predecessor," President Bush.

The Web commentary was one of several posted by Taliban or al-Qaeda-allied groups in recent days that trumpeted the global financial crisis and predicted further decline for the United States and other Western powers. In language that was by turns mocking and ominous, the newest posting credited al-Qaeda with having lured Washington into a trap that had "exhausted its resources and bankrupted its economy." It further suggested that a terrorist strike might swing the election to McCain and guarantee an expansion of U.S. military commitments in the Islamic world.

This, or something similar, was posted a week or so ago. Because it was right after Mad Mike basically called me a moron for saying it made sense for it to be that way since John McCain is more likely to indirectly help them continue their cause.

This, or something similar, was posted a week or so ago. Because it was right after Mad Mike basically called me a moron for saying it made sense for it to be that way since John McCain is more likely to indirectly help them continue their cause.

You're right Z. They feel McCain will help them with recruits and they want to fight and see America fall. They feel McCain will be the best for them. You can spin this either way I suppose, I just thought it was interesting.

However, it was the last line paragraph in the article that makes me nervous. I hope tomorrow is just another day.

You're right Z. They feel McCain will help them with recruits and they want to fight and see America fall. They feel McCain will be the best for them. You can spin this either way I suppose, I just thought it was interesting.

However, it was the last line paragraph in the article that makes me nervous. I hope tomorrow is just another day.

Ain't no use in worrying about tomorrow, it has enough worries of its own. :)

McCain is endorsed by terrorists.

No wonder he looked relatively relaxed on SNL. He knows he has already lost, and badly. Time to move on... unless the nation's character is better defined by the Bradley Effect than by almost any other behavioral tendency.

I really expected an "October surprise" in which al-Qaeda endorsed Obama. A bit of reverse psychology, or otherwise a small-scale attack, to get McCain in the White House and continue al-Qaeda's best available path to improved regional influence in the Middle East. Thankfully, that was not to be.

I know this is old, but I don't remember seeing it posted. Anyone else gonna be a lil bit more on edge tomorrow on METRO?

AQ has been so thoroughly smashed in the Middle East that it has no hope for projecting to American soil again

http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=702bf6d5-a37a-4e3e-a491-fd72bf6a9da1

Its ideology is being discredited in the Muslim world, and it has suffered a stagering body blow in Iraq with the success of the surge

The Taliban have severed ties with AQ and are now talking with us, the Afghan government and the Saudi government in bringing some sort of closure to Afghanistan

The big issues are those guys in the border area of Pakistan and Afghanistan and whether or not they will drive a truck into another Pakistani hotel. The GWOT is as much Pakistan's war now as it is ours, considering these jackasses simply cannot launch an attack on American soil anymore

So am I worried about an attack tomorrow or Tuesday? Hell no

2004 when the mesage came out by Bin Laden it specifically mentioned Kerry and he was backing Kerry and that Americans should vote for Kerry because if they didnt the securitry of the US was in their hands So im thinking they are going to try reverse phsycolligy this time.

Of course, by doing that, they think that they'll push our vote towards Obama, which is what they want.

But they know that we know that, so they're saying McCain, knowing that we know they really want Obama, and because we know, we'll vote McCain. Of course, they know that we know that they know that we know, so in actuality they said vote for McCain . . .

Of course, by doing that, they think that they'll push our vote towards Obama, which is what they want.

But they know that we know that, so they're saying McCain, knowing that we know they really want Obama, and because we know, we'll vote McCain. Of course, they know that we know that they know that we know, so in actuality they said vote for McCain . . .

just to be clear, in 2004 when bin laden said Americans should vote for Kerry, it was because al qaeda wanted Kerry, but in 2008 when they back McCain it means they want Obama.

Logic.

Archived