Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would You Decriminalize Pot?

Koolblue13

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

NO. I would not decriminalize it.

That's why I will be voting AGAINST Question #2 on the Massachusetts ballot next Tuesday, which would decriminalize the possession of small amounts of marijuana and simply confiscate it and fine anyone found with less than one ounce of the substance.

I don't believe that Marijuana has any positive effect that cannot be produced from another source and from what I have heard and read it side effects are not things that I believe are appropriate in any form.

Sorry man, but if anyone in the US needs a big hooka pipe full of prime weed, it's you. Maybe you would lighten up and become a happier person.

And coming from a state (Oregon) that has legalized for medical purposes, I can tell you that I don't hear near the 'pot' issues I had heard before when I previously lived (California, Texas, Connecticut, Virginia, West Virginia and Missouri).

Decriminilization would also help out the growers of hemp (although admittedly this can be done separately).

ROFLMAO. I'm dying over here!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:Me too!

Legalize it, tax it, whatever. There's no real reason why it should be criminalized in the first place with legal alcohol and tobacco in the US. It just doesn't make sense.

As one who smoked more pot than most here, I can tell you that it's a waste of time and money. All that you need, to get to where you think it takes you, can be found inside your own mind.

It should be legal to use medically, when proven to be effective, and prescribed by a doctor. But to legalize it is just giving another drug for people to waste parts of their lives with. It doesn't have as bad an overall effect as alcohol, but it is equally misused as a crutch, to achieve a false sense of something that people are too lazy to try and find within themselves, without the aid of a pill, a drink, or a pipe.

I'd rather legalize prostitution.

Man that brings up a good point, legalized prostitution. I would Really like to see people that get into that sort of thing on a registry. There's a huge business with it and a lot of these people are bought and sold in the sex slave trade. That **** needs to be put to a stop ASAP at least in our borders.

As one who smoked more pot than most here, I can tell you that it's a waste of time and money. All that you need, to get to where you think it takes you, can be found inside your own mind.

It should be legal to use medically, when proven to be effective, and prescribed by a doctor. But to legalize it is just giving another drug for people to waste parts of their lives with. It doesn't have as bad an overall effect as alcohol, but it is equally misused as a crutch, to achieve a false sense of something that people are too lazy to try and find within themselves, without the aid of a pill, a drink, or a pipe.

I'd rather legalize prostitution.

I voted it for medical reasons, but I also believe there are other ways to alleviate symptoms rather then using medical marijuana.

Those two pretty sum up my thoughts - I voted for it to be used just for it's medical benefits.

For people who say that there are alternatives to medical marijuana, why aren't you up in arms about Morphine? Morphine is an opiate; that is, it is a synthetic derivative of heroin. It is also widely used as a painkiller in the medical field. Marijuana is much, much less addictive and has many fewer withdrawl symptoms when compared with Morphine.

What is a more appropriate substance to use to increase the appetite of someone and alleviate the nausea caused with chemo? There are not many options which is why they do in fact use it under the name Marinol and it is distributed all over the place. People think that "weed" is illegal, but it's active ingredient has been used for quite some time in modern medicine.

I can't think of what it was my father's doctors put him on after his chemo, but I know it wasn't Marinol. He'd specifically told his doctors he didn't want any part of it because of its connection to marijuana.

Sorry man, but if anyone in the US needs a big hooka pipe full of prime weed, it's you. Maybe you would lighten up and become a happier person.

While I do thank you for your opinion, there is absolutely NO CHANCE of me ever involving myself in that criminal activity. Even if it were legal I would have no interest in it due to the mind-altering effects of the product.

For people who say that there are alternatives to medical marijuana, why aren't you up in arms about Morphine? Morphine is an opiate; that is, it is a synthetic derivative of heroin. It is also widely used as a painkiller in the medical field. Marijuana is much, much less addictive and has many fewer withdrawl symptoms when compared with Morphine.

I'm not a big fan of Morphine either. To be totally honest I'm not a big fan of any psychotropic or mind altering drug. Hell, I tend to avoid Advil, Tylenol, and Aspirin as much as possible because of their slight mind-altering effects.

I would be all for decriminalizing it if there was a breathalyzer equivalent test for it(maybe there is I don't know). Because without that there are too many variables, can you drive while high, how does your employer know you didn't smoke one right before you came in, things like that would raise too many issues IMO.

I'm not a big fan of Morphine either. To be totally honest I'm not a big fan of any psychotropic or mind altering drug. Hell, I tend to avoid Advil, Tylenol, and Aspirin as much as possible because of their slight mind-altering effects.
I'm pretty sure advil, tylenol, ect. are not psycotropic drugs. :2cents:

Well, Advil, Tylenol, and Aspirin aren't mind-altering or psychotropic, and the doses at which you would feel any "mind-altering" or "psychotropic" effects would be well over the dose at which an overdose occurs.

I'm pretty sure advil, tylenol, ect. are not psycotropic drugs. :2cents:
Well, Advil, Tylenol, and Aspirin aren't mind-altering or psychotropic, and the doses at which you would feel any "mind-altering" or "psychotropic" effects would be well over the dose at which an overdose occurs.

They still effect the chemistry of the brain in such a way as to create a reduced capacity to feel or to think completely coherently. That's the problem I have with them. I will use them when absolutely necessary and they're definitely my preference over Percocet and its cousins, which I won't touch under ANY circumstances (for multiple reasons).

Archived