Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Support HR 5842/5843- Decriminalize it.

Koolblue13

We should make it legal all together... no prescription. We need a cash crop to get our economy going.

Heck, simply spending less money on this stuff would already be a big step forward. Does anybody know how much we spend on the pot-related portion of the War on Drugs?

By the way, I do support that whole "above the influence" campaign. I think it's a great idea. I would much rather have $$$ spent on that instead of things like prosecutions and incarcerations.

Some call it tampee

Some call it the weed

Some call it Marijuana

Some of them call it Ganja

Singer smoke it

And players of instruments too

Legalize it, yeah, yeah

That's the best thing you can do

Doctors smoke it

Nurses smoke it

Judges smoke it

Even the lawyers too

It's good for the flu

It's good for asthma

Good for tuberculosis

Even umara composis

Legalize it - don't criticize it

Legalize it and i will advertise it

Why?

We have enough problems with drunk drivers we don't need them to be high too. You'll of course disagree, but the last thing we need is people legally smoking pot while driving, or even driving after they have smoked pot. "Make it illegal to do so" some will say, fine and that's done what for drunk driving? Its not the legality that makes it a problem its the availability. Making it legal does not fix the problem, it just expands the problem and it allows the politicians and police to ignore it. Sorry, but I'm looking at the "law of unintended consequences" with legalization of pot and seeing a nightmare.

We have enough problems with drunk drivers we don't need them to be high too. You'll of course disagree, but the last thing we need is people legally smoking pot while driving, or even driving after they have smoked pot. "Make it illegal to do so" some will say, fine and that's done what for drunk driving? Its not the legality that makes it a problem its the availability. Making it legal does not fix the problem, it just expands the problem and it allows the politicians and police to ignore it. Sorry, but I'm looking at the "law of unintended consequences" with legalization of pot and seeing a nightmare.

You didn't actually look at either bill have you?

You know how much we'd have to pay farmers NOT to grow this :)

Cash crop that doesnt have to be rotated?

Don't worry. I'm certain that within 10 years, we'll be paying farmers not to grow it. Price supports. Subsidies. It would happen.

From my understanding the medicinal use of pot is not necessary in that there are other medicines that accomplish the same medicinal purposes as smoking pot. IMO this is just another attempt to legalize drug use.

So you are saying "no", but I glanced at it and my mind is shut to any and all things not already legal. Got it.

Nice try this is not a new debate.

It talks about removing the Federal ban and allowing the States to make their own laws on it.

And as far as not supporting the medicinal side of it, that makes zero sense.

It has a lot of benefits that other drugs don't have and can provide plenty of relief for people who are suffering.

It is a plant that requires zero work to create and will grow easier than corn for crying out loud.

It talks about removing the Federal ban and allowing the States to make their own laws on it.

And as far as not supporting the medicinal side of it, that makes zero sense.

It has a lot of benefits that other drugs don't have and can provide plenty of relief for people who are suffering.

It is a plant that requires zero work to create and will grow easier than corn for crying out loud.

Are you more interested in the medicinal aspects of pot or removing the Federal ban on it?

Personally, I am against drug usage in general, and that includes the vast majority of over the counter and prescription drugs as well. I think our nation is way overmedicated and reliant upon a foreign substance when a natural method could yield the same results.

All that said, I am also very against the manner of WOD as it is being run today. It has become a penny wise, dollar stupid, Federal power play. I honestly dont even see why Drugs are a federal issue, when much more serious crimes are State specific concerns.

The sad truth is that the WOD is a huge failure and hasnt reached it's intended goals whatsoever. There has to be a more wholistic approach to the root causes of drug use rather than the current methods.

I support these bills for the simple reason of what has been done has not worked to reduce the problem of abuse.

Are you more interested in the medicinal aspects of pot or removing the Federal ban on it?

I'm interested in both aspects.

The medical is more important, but can't fully happen if the Fed just arrests people working for the state.

The Federal ban has to end now.

And as far as this not being a new argument, it's the first bill like this in over 20 years.

Actually, you could decriminalize or legalize marijuana and still keep driving and intoxication laws intact, making it just as illegal to use or be under the influence while driving. As far as I know, there hasn't been any reported large spikes of accidents due to "stoned drivers" in areas with relaxed marijuana laws.

Currently, many Americans use marijuana and many of them probably drive while they are stoned. And yet, we do not have a great body of evidence to suggest this has led to a impaired drive epidemic in this nation nor lead to such an epidemic if marijuana was decriminalized here in the US.

Archived