Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In these divisive times.......

dcoles11

Why don't we each name someone, opposite of our views politically, that we respect.

In reading these threads, it's hard to believe sometime that we probably have a lot in common. We are all Redskin fans and want what is best for the country, we just have different opinions on who is the best suited for the job.

I know personally that if the person I disagree with an argue with the most on this board was in some sort of trouble, i'd help them, and I know i'm not alone in that. When comes right down to it, we may disagree a lot but we are all in this together.

So to start this off, I submit John McCain.

I couldn't imagine going through what he went through during the war, hell I couldn't imagine even being in a war, let alone being a prisoner of war.

In 2000 I wanted him so badly to be the Republican nominee, because at the time I would have had no problem with him being president, I wouldn't have voted for him, but I still had a great deal of respect for him.

When his political career is over I hope he writes a book and talks about the election of 2008. I don't think this election should define McCain, I think he has had to compromise some of his views in order to conform to his party in an effort to satisfy the base and win the election.

:cheers:

Barack Obama. I may not agree with anything the man has to say, but I sure do respect him. I can't imagine what he has to deal with on a daily basis being the first black presidential nominee for a major political party. Not to mention, knowing that there is a very good chance that someone has a bullet with my name one it and today may very well be my last day on this earth. I wouldn't know how to deal with looking out into the crowd every single time I take the stage knowing that one of these people may be crazy enough to take a shot at me.

He is one brave man and I respect the hell outta him for it.

Lou Dobbs. While I like his populist view less than my own conservative libertarian brand, I greatly respect the man. sometimes I've heard in real life he can be quite an ass, but I've never seen that confirmed.

I also greatly respect Truman as a president.

Bush Sr. I also respect quite a bit.

Clinton sort of has my respect, not as much as the people above.

Liberman

the blue dog democrats

mark warner

Mike Huckabee.

I disagree with Huckabee on nearly every single political, social, and religious issue. But I respect him and genuinely think he's a really good guy with good intentions.

Exactly. I thought it was just me. I have no reason at all to like Huckabee politically, but the more I see him I can't help but to think he's a really nice guy. I really think he's sincere about everything he says and I find him to be a very reasonable, intelligent person. I'm buying his whole persona hook, line and sinker and I'm really trying to be more cynical about him. Then, he picked up a bass guitar and I think that did it for me.

Archived