Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glaring offensive problem

MrSexy

So obviously we have random offensive problems (penalties, missed blocks, drops, etc), but the one that probably makes me most angry week in and week out is the fact that we seem to not have a no-huddle offense.

Thank god we have not had to drive down the field with 2 mins left in the 4th yet this year, its only been at the end of the first half.

I just dont understand why we constantly leave points on the board at the end of the half. We got the ball left with 2:30 left, had 3 timeouts, yet only made it to the 40 yard line or so.

We won, and thats what counts but this non no-huddle offense bs is really worrying me.

Even as we began moving up the field however, there was no apparent sense of urgency. It's good that it was not a real factor in this game, and maybe I'm completely forgetting a series or two this year but I do not remember any real no-huddle/sense of urgency offense yet.

The penalties killed us that drive. You pretty much have to be perfect with that much time left if you want to score a TD. I think the team did fine by getting 3 points.

Exactly. There was 2:13 or so left on the clock, and 3 timeouts. Thats plenty of time to move down the field. 4 stoppages of the clock. If it wasn't for penalties, we would have been in touchdown position

Zorn said when he as 3 time outs he never wants to use the first until the clock is under a minute. They were purposely running down the clock.

They do have a no huddle, but they didn't want to or have to use it.

I think thats the problem. They need to start using the no huddle, and they need to start using those timeouts early. When it gets under a minute, your play selection becomes limited

I have a bigger problem with never putting opponents away offensively. As dynamic as he has been compared to previous regimes, we still never go hurry up, no huddle, shotgun unless its the last 45 seconds of a half. I think its time to trust Jason to call a few plays and add a little wrinkle to our offense. When you have a superior offense going against a weak defense, why not be aggressive? Starting only in the last two minutes is too predictable. I bet the Rabach bad snap may keep the shotgun shelved.

So obviously we have random offensive problems (penalties, missed blocks, drops, etc), but the one that probably makes me most angry week in and week out is the fact that we seem to not have a no-huddle offense.

Thank god we have not had to drive down the field with 2 mins left in the 4th yet this year, its only been at the end of the first half.

I just dont understand why we constantly leave points on the board at the end of the half. We got the ball left with 2:30 left, had 3 timeouts, yet only made it to the 40 yard line or so.

We won, and thats what counts but this non no-huddle offense bs is really worrying me.

Seriously... you need to realize that Zorn is playing the high percentage offense game. He is not going to do anything that will burn us.... hence the games are going to closer than YOU might like.

I think thats the problem. They need to start using the no huddle, and they need to start using those timeouts early. When it gets under a minute, your play selection becomes limited

But if we are stopped, he doesn't want to leave a lot of time on the clock.

Don't make me slam my desk here. You should know better than to doubt the Zorn.

You better not be rolling your eyes, sucker!!!

I think the problem is we need to have our players stop playing stupid. Stupid penalties hurt us, bad.

And on top of that, we need to score more touchdowns. We scored one offensive touchdown today. One.

That said, this team has a knack for coming out of the half and playing good ball. That's a mark of the Redskins under Gibbs in his first tenure. It's impressive to see.

Seriously... you need to realize that Zorn is playing the high percentage offense game. He is not going to do anything that will burn us.... hence the games are going to closer than YOU might like.

I agree with Hemlock on this one. To restate the patently obvious, this is a transition year. Sure there have been flashes of brilliance, as well as flashes of ineptitude. All that's to be expected in year One of the offense. Look, Coach Zorn understands very well that with the league's top tailback & a top 10 defense, there is simply no need to be throwing the ball all over the lot. Give our offense time to jell under this West Coast scheme.

All that's required is right now is that our QB & Backs & Recievers NOT turn the ball over, take what's there, & take the occasional deep shot. The plays will be there eventually. If it ain't there, then punt & play the field position game. That smells like 12-4 to me. :D

It is a problem. We clearly moved the ball well, but used up so much time that we didn't have enough to do anything else but kick the FG.

If we could manage the clock better, a TD might have been something attainable. There doesn't seem to be any urgency until we need to at the end of a game and sometimes, that won't be enough time.

Archived