Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Want To Hear From Cowboy Fans...

zoony

What are you expecting this Sunday against Tampa? A win? Loss?

I am genuinely curious. Hopefully we can stick to actual predictions from guys like HHM and Hereafter and TRPB, and some of our other Cowboy fan regulars. In other words, don't be vague :). I want to know if you think the Cowboys will win or lose.

And also, let's not flame them please. There are plenty of other threads for that ;)

Dude. This is tough.

I am sure that you've seen us play. We've been on a downhill slope since the beginning of the season. We have yet to put in a 'complete' game, though the Green Bay win was close. And when I say 'complete,' I don't necessarily mean dominating. Offense, defense, and ST played an above average game.

Now, with that being said, I find it impossible to predict the outcome of the game versus Tampa. We have many things going against us and few going for us.

Against:

1. We have injuries/suspensions across the board. I know...everyone has them. Well, they are killing us nonetheless. They key injury in my eyes has been Newman. With him we would at least be able to try and leave him on an island and double/roll coverage to the needed areas. Plus, he was good in run support. without him? you might as well roll the dice. We have a bunch of inexperienced rookies and nobodies in the back and I think that Tampa will work to exploit them.

B) Felix Jones: Felix was/is good for a few long gains per game. Like I have said all along, Barber may be punishing, he just isn't an every down back. He can get on a roll like any good back, but he doesn't have what it takes to wear a team down. He doesn't move forward enough. it's either 2 yards or 20 yards with him. Not enough to sustain drives with. Felix's speed helped offset the short gains in that he gave us a viable 3rd and 5 running option. Barber doesn't.

C) Pacman. an experienced corner. Gone. (though not unexpected)

D) Anthony Spencer. Not a starter, but critical. Greg Ellis is getting long in the tooth. While Spencer is not as good as Ellis, his periodic playing time helps Ellis extend his good play into the 4th quarter. Ellis seems to be fading as the games wear on. We need a viable DE that can rotate in to support Ware and Ellis. Despite his sack numbers, Ware is not playing to the level he was last year (some of that is due to Spencer being out and Ellis being tired. D-Coordinators can then double/triple Ware).

2. Our Ego's. I am worried that we have a fragile team. Most will agree that *most* professional athletes are 'me-first' types of guys. Well...the Cowboys help keep the percentage high because they have more 'me-first' guys than any other team in the league. Our egos have been bruised these last few weeks and I am afraid that we could fold like a rented mule. We *seem* to lack character. Professionalism. I'd like to think otherwise, but I tried that last week and all I got to show for it was a bruised remote control. I am scared that, should we lose this game, we will pack it in. Mayhem will follow. I am hoping that I am wrong....but I have seen nothing to suggest otherwise.

3. Scrambling QB's. As you probably saw in the Washington game..and may have seen during the Eagles game.. We struggle with mobile QBs. While I normally wouldn't call Campbell a scrambling QB, what he did to us during our game was beautiful. He was so close to being caught SO MANY times that....well..it was unbelievable. Little things like that are demoralizing to us.

4. Coaching. Tampa Bay versus us. Enough said. I have faith in Jason and that is about it. I doubt that Wade and Bruce can match the staff from Tampa.

5. Home Crowd. It sucks. I've been to many NFL games and there is no crowd as lame as the group you see in Dallas. Seriously. They sit on their asses and lean left/right just to get a view of the field because the person in front of them has hair out to here (hand held 10 inches from head). they are lazy and will turn on their team in a heartbeat. Now...if Tampa gets an early lead and has the opportunity to run the ball... It'll be over. The crowd sucks. Homefield disadvantage when losing.

6. I could go on forever.

For us:

1. Pride. If there is ever an opportunity to show some pride, Sunday is it. I'm hopeful, but not optimistic, that our team will finally realize the situation that they are in. We're running out of opportunities and they *should* realize it.

2. Talent. Despite what many on this board think, we are loaded with young talent. Despite the mobile QB, I feel that we match up well with Tampa. We can/should be able to control both LOS's.

3. The field. A lot of people don't make a lot of noise about it, but I do. First, the field has the worst crown in the league. If you've ever had the opportunity to play/step on the field, you would have noticed that there is an awful slope from the middle to edges. This (aside from the Redskins game) normally benefits us when we play short-passing teams. They always seem to struggle the first few series...

4. The field B: The actually playing surface sucks. Too slippery. I would thinik, that by week eight, that our players would be able to use our turf to our advantage. Thus far, this hasn't happened. But I'm thinking that this will be the week. Weak advantage? yes. But when you're a Cowboys fan these days, you have to grab what you can.

Final Score: Dallas 24

Tampa 26

Simply put .... Not expecting anything more then a blow out. I don't think we stand a chance. If Brad turns the ball over at all we lose by at least 3 TD's.

With that being said, the Tampa style offense allows us to have a chance to win the game. They aren't going to try to be the next Air Coryell. Therefore it's a heavy dosage of Earnest Graham and the run game. And to my knowledge 1/2 their Receivers are out [but we were smoked by DeSean Jackson, Donnie Avery, My grandma, The old lady in the wheelchair etc etc.] They will also use Garcia on a lot of 10-15 yard passes. Garcia did throw for 300 + against Seattle, but just averaged about 11 yards a pass. Last week Tampa Bay controlled the ball for nearly 42 minutes.So that means we probably will not get our hands on the ball much and if Brad doesn't execute or play half of what he did last week it could spell trouble.

The blame isn't all on Brad. I mean the early turnovers were a tipped Interception and a fumble by MBIII. But we saw how ugly his passes were and by the 3rd quarter the Ram corners were not even playing the deep ball just sitting on the short flat routes and dump offs.

I hope Dallas knows that this could be their last chance to stay in the thick of things.

Things we need to win ...

• Ball control
  • Score points
  • Calm down on penalties
  • Stop the deep ball

This is the first game in probably 6-7 years that I have had zero confidence coming into. I don't think we stand much of a chance. Will I be in front of the tv Sunday cheering my team on?? Hell yeah. Will I dissapointed??? More then likely.

Prediction :

Tampa Bay 31

Dallas 13

Garcia - 25/34, 330, 3 TD

Graham - 27, 110, 1 TD

Bryant - 8 Catches, 113 Yards, TD

Terrance you better do a better job protecting your QB

Tell me about it man!!!! The o-line has played like straight rubbish the past few weeks. I don't know what it is, but it seems Kosier is a bigger part of that line then many think he is!

My stand about it honestly, is the St.Louis on a 1-10 scale is ranked about a 4 destroyed the front 5 and looked like the 85 Bears, Imagine the well coached Buccaneers defense with Barber, Brooks, Ruud etc.

Brad may be using the classic line from the old Madden games ...

"Hey, where did that truck come from?"

Damn, how the mighty have fallen. Just three weeks ago there was general chortling and smugness and 'you all don't have a prayer' when we went down there. Now you can't even beat Tampa Bay.

I hate to say it and I hope it doesn't happen but I think you're a lock to beat the Bucs.

Damn, how the mighty have fallen. Just three weeks ago there was general chortling and smugness and 'you all don't have a prayer' when we went down there. Now you can't even beat Tampa Bay.

I hate to say it and I hope it doesn't happen but I think you're a lock to beat the Bucs.

Care to elaborate?? I would love for us to beat Tampa. Just curious to see why you think we are a lock.

If we had Romo sits to pee, I don't think we would lose this game. But w/ Brad, not a chance.

The 'chortling and smugness' were the result of people like me assuming that the play we saw on the field was an aberration versus the norm. What we've come to realize is that the play we saw was, unfortunately, the best football we've seen from our team this season.

We shouldn't be playing this bad given the talent that we have.

Can we turn it around? sure.

Will we? Not sure.

If we do...I would say, 'watch out!' When playing our best, I doubt there is a team in the league that could beat us when they are doing the same...

Wishful thinking, I suppose.

Nice thread so far. Perhaps this could become the norm among Dallas fans in the ATN. Have to wait and see.

That said, still have a ways to go.

If we do...I would say, 'watch out!' When playing our best, I doubt there is a team in the league that could beat us when they are doing the same...

Care to elaborate?? I would love for us to beat Tampa. Just curious to see why you think we are a lock.

If we had Romo sits to pee, I don't think we would lose this game. But w/ Brad, not a chance.

I think Barber gets back in gear and gets 100+ yards. TB is not not that big up front except Carter who is on the older side and the DL will get pushed around. Johnson has a game under his belt and will do better this time around. He's really not that bad.

Also TB doesn't have that much at WR, certainly no deep threat, which offsets your weak secondary.

TB has played a weak schedule with only GB and Carolina being the only teams that could even be considered upper-tier.

Hey, like I said, I hope 'm wrong.

I think Barber gets back in gear and gets 100+ yards. TB is not not that big up front except Carter who is on the older side and the DL will get pushed around. Johnson has a game under his belt and will do better this time around. He's really not that bad.

Also TB doesn't have that much at WR, certainly no deep threat, which offsets your weak secondary.

TB has played a weak schedule with only GB and Carolina being the only teams that could even be considered upper-tier.

Hey, like I said, I hope 'm wrong.

:cheers: Thanks. Good info, thanks for the response man :cheers:

What are you expecting this Sunday against Tampa? A win? Loss?

I am genuinely curious. Hopefully we can stick to actual predictions from guys like HHM and Hereafter and TRPB, and some of our other Cowboy fan regulars. In other words, don't be vague :). I want to know if you think the Cowboys will win or lose.

And also, let's not flame them please. There are plenty of other threads for that ;)

Without Romo sits to pee? I dont expect to win

Even the cowboyzone is very quiet right now

Yea CZ really sucks these days.

Doom and gloom and they don't post anything about the Redskins in their version of ATN, unlike what they did during the summer where it seemed there was a daily "Redstinks suck" thread

Oh well. I'll continue to lurk and chime in over there

Doom and gloom and they don't post anything about the Redskins in their version of ATN, unlike what they did during the summer where it seemed there was a daily "Redstinks suck" thread

I never go to the NFL board over there since its always dead. I didnt even know there were skins threads there LOL next time PM me so I can get in on it :)

I do the same SHF (under the S/N Sonny#9)...where are the Quincy Carter threads? There are so many loudmouths that haven't been seen in a while! I love it!

I almost want to ask where those threads have gone...

Pretty big game for Dallas. May even call it a must win, though it's still very early. I'm looking forward to watching it (tape delayed of course).

If they win, it gives them the edge over Tampa in the wild card standings. They already have the win against the Packers. It puts them right back into the thick of the playoff race. If they lose, then they are 2+ games behind both Tampa and Washington (if the Skins win) and puts them behind a bunch of other teams with easier schedules than they have, though only 1/2 or 1 game.

I think Dallas wins because of desperation.

Go Tampa! Knock the boys out!

I think Dallas wins because of desperation.

Again, I certainly don't discount their chances of pulling it off, but, like with Kleese's pick of them, what about this Cowboy team suggests that they can win a game out of desperation, or that it's a must-win?

Recent history suggests that these are EXACTLY the kinds of games that these Cowboys DON'T win.

Archived