Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you give a **** how other countries view America?

WVUforREDSKINS

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

To the radicals who hate us for their own stupid reasons, no, I don't give a **** what they think. They're going to hate us no matter what.

For those who dismiss us as idiots and mock us, yes, I care. Why? Because we're better than what the world thinks we are right now. We haven't exactly proven them wrong lately..

No. Part of the world wants us gone. Parts of the world are to the left us, they love us when we are with them. Remember, we weren't liked during Reagan's time either.

And a part of the world is scratching and clawing to sneak into our country, on inner tubes across the Carribbean Sea, using old pickup trucks as motorboats, and hiding in car trunks crossing the border :silly:

WVU you're probably not in a position to travel outside of this country on an annual basis, so you're not exposed to native people in foreign countries on vacation or business.

If you were, you'd likely view this differently.

Explain.

You're saying that I wouldn't care if I was leaving the country more often?

Explain.

You're saying that I wouldn't care if I was leaving the country more often?

pardon me, I thought that you had expressed that you didn't care what other countries thought, looking back you haven't commented yet. So what I was saying is that you might care more that you'd think.

pardon me, I thought that you had expressed that you didn't care what other countries thought, looking back you haven't commented yet. So what I was saying is that you might care more that you'd think.

I said how I felt in my first post. I realize I phrased the thread title in a way that makes it seem like I don't, however.

I don't care what our enemies think of us, but when our allies think you are difficult to work with or untrustworthy then it greatly hampers our ability to execute our foreign policy.

Well when our Allies are difficult to work with or untrustworthy then it greatly hampers our ability to execute our foreign policy as well.;)

Um, no...I don't particularly give a **** what the "polls" say about the rest of the world thinks about us.

I've been fortunate enough to travel through Africa, Southeast Asia, Europe, Central America, Mexico, Carribbean, and a few other places and trust me, the "hate" for America is not as prevalent as the media likes to make it out to be. And I've not stayed in "high end" touristy resorts for the most part either. My family, friends, colleagues, and I have never had problems.

Sure, there are some areas of the world that it's probably not smart for ANY westerner to travel to, and you have to be smart when you travel, but this BS about how "everyone" hates America is totally ridiculous.

I care. It's important how other countries view the US. Especially, as someone posted earlier, what our allies think about us. These are people who we would need to depend on in the event something catastrophic happens.

Also, it just makes sense to me that we would want the world to look up to us and to think that we are competition instead of just pushovers. For example, our education system is far behind a few other countries and it makes no sense. For us to ever gain the respect of other countries, we have to properly educate our citizens.

I'm actually surprised that so many people think this isn't an important issue.

Yeah, I bet all those countries that "hate" the U.S. won't accept our foreign aid either...

When push comes to shove and they're in a tight spot, they're looking to the U.S. for help.

Well, to be honest, all the money we borrow from other countries isn't exactly helping our reputation any either.

Well, to be honest, all the money we borrow from other countries isn't exactly helping our reputation any either.

Doesn't seem to interfere with them buying up the country,we see a catastrophe...they see bargains

What does that have to do with the amount of foreign aid we disperse?

Our country gives the most international support.

You're saying they don't want U.S. monetary aid and support after a massive earthquake? Or a tsunami? Or to help prevent the spread of malaria? Or HIV/AIDS b/c we borrow money from other countries? That makes no sense. When countries need help, they turn to us. That might sound arrogant, but that's the truth.

Furthermore, I've never been treated badly in ANY of my travels b/c I was "American." You act like a jerk when you're traveling, you'll be treated like crap. You are polite and nice, you're treated in kind for the most part.

Archived