Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you give a **** how other countries view America?

WVUforREDSKINS

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm not saying we have to kiss everybody's butt. But telling folks to **** off, that it's our way or the high way all the time, may sound good in bars and on the campaign trail, but it is not a recipe for our country's success. Dubya has learned that the hard way.

Not telling anyone to "**** off". We should just always pursue our own interests and security first. Always. Regardless of who doesn't like it.

BTW ~ One of the sad things about the world today, is that so few countries are willing, or able, to publicly stick there neck out for us. Most people would be shocked by the support, and encouragement, that "Dubya" gets behind the scenes, from the majority of countries that most vocally oppose us in public.

But, it's easier to believe the spoonfed notion that he is a bumbling idiot, hated by all the world.

I do, but not with all people. To those who just hate the west, who've never been here and just have some sort of ax to grind with us; no. I couldn't care less about what they say.

But, people who've been here and have been treated poorly or have been in their home nations and have received a bad impression of Americans from tourists, yes I care. We're a great Country, but we can always be better. The first step towards that is to treat visitors with open arms and to be gracious guests while overseas.

I care. We are suppose to be the Greatest Nation on Earth. That, imo, means leading the way with humanitarian efforts(that don't always involve the military or government), environmental efforts and a strong economy, that helps people around the globe to stabilize their own countries.

I don't think it should ever be a driving factor in "why" we do anything, just a result.

I also like that our allies feel safer, knowing we are never far away to help if something goes wrong, despite me being vehemently against war.

Now judging by some other countries opinions of us right now, it would seem we have been on a downward spiral for quite some time. The world didn't just make their minds up about us over what has gone on in the last 8 years.

Archived