Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Every Win this season has been a heart attack waiting to happen

Ji

Have you watched the Giants games? Most of their games have been close until the end and then you had the 35-14 meltdown against the same Browns team that scored 11 against our defense.

It's week to week in the NFL.

We need to get back on track next week in the passing game and not run Portis into the ground, we are only at the midpoint of the season and need to watch his carries.

Yeah its been a little tight. But being 5-2 I'm ok with it. If we were say 3-4 I'd be more concerned. As long as we beat them by 1 pt I'm happy.

But the point is.........we're truly only a few plays away from that being the case!!! Sooner or later the games that go your way come back to haunt you. That Rams game may prove to be costly later in the year. Who knows. But the way we're finishing games, you can count of at least 2 or 3 let downs like that again........which could very well negate a really good season.

No, the sky isn't falling........but if you look at it objectively, and not with burgundy and gold colored glasses on, there are concerns that clearly need to be addressed.

I know a win is a win, but sheesh, I'm going to die a lot younger because of all of the stress. I need a week where we have the thing wrapped up and I'm not peeing my pants in the fourth quarter.

Exactly,It seems like for the past 5 years that almost all of our games have been nail biters.I would love just to be able to set back and enjoying a Skins victory like every other teams fans get to.

I agree. It's been my only concern with this team. Redskins aren't getting down the field fast enough. Their length of possession is what prevents them from scoring more points than they really can. This offense can score 35 pts a game and should be doing so. They need more passes down the field more often. I've seen less and less of this in every game. Worries me.

Hey, get used to all this folks! Our beloved Skins are the type of team that plays to the level of the competition, and I'm not complaining. I love this Zorn era bunch of guys! Next Sunday against Detroit it'll be the same deal.....having to pace around, chew on finger nails, etc. well into the 4th quarter.....somehow gut it out and learn to love it all....

Then, they will raise their game like they did down in Dallas when it's time to play the Steelers on Monday Night Football.....

5 wins this season...all extremely close. When are we going to win in a rout or be able to relax in the 4th quarter?

It sucks, but a win is a win.

I've had to adjust, miserable as it's sometimes been. And yes, it does piss me off. I was furious during the Rams game, even before we lost. Just the fact that I was getting so worked up annoyed me. I figure the Lions game will be more of the same, though I certainly am hoping for a blowout.

Everyone's been saying that, but I think 2006 was MUCH worse.

I have more confidence in this team than in a long time, to get it done, because we are getting it done and technically lead in everything: time of possession, rushing yards, passing yards, first downs, our defense is dominating.

I thought we could go into overtime today, honestly, but I wasn't thinking they (the Browns) would win.

5 wins this season...all extremely close. When are we going to win in a rout or be able to relax in the 4th quarter? We have a really hard time playing with a lead and we are having a hard time scoring TD's. In additon, with the way our offense is, we have really long drives that take 6-7 minutes off the clock that yield either a field goal or a punt so we dont give ourselves enough time to quickly put points on the board.

We havent even attempted deep in 3 games. We need to find a way to score quickly or on big plays especially when we have a lead. Our modern NFL offense that beat Dallas and Philly is suddenly looking very Joe Gibbs2.0ish

you could always watch another team ...

But the point is.........we're truly only a few plays away from that being the case!!! Sooner or later the games that go your way come back to haunt you.

It cracks me up how this is said every season (or in reverse, if we're losing), and nothing ever comes of it.

WE WERE BETTER THAN THE BROWNS TODAY. We had more yards than them, outscored them, and got the W. It wasn't luck, and it won't be coming back to haunt us. Yeah, 41-11 would have been prettier than 14-11, but we broke their spirits by making them work for their loss. :silly:

I know a win is a win, but sheesh, I'm going to die a lot younger because of all of the stress. I need a week where we have the thing wrapped up and I'm not peeing my pants in the fourth quarter.

Good point. Next week we should get a big lead on the Lions and finish them off well in the fourth quarter.

Archived