Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Every Win this season has been a heart attack waiting to happen

Ji

5 wins this season...all extremely close. When are we going to win in a rout or be able to relax in the 4th quarter? We have a really hard time playing with a lead and we are having a hard time scoring TD's. In additon, with the way our offense is, we have really long drives that take 6-7 minutes off the clock that yield either a field goal or a punt so we dont give ourselves enough time to quickly put points on the board.

We havent even attempted deep in 3 games. We need to find a way to score quickly or on big plays especially when we have a lead. Our modern NFL offense that beat Dallas and Philly is suddenly looking very Joe Gibbs2.0ish

I can understand what your saying here, but we are running the football probably better than any other team in the league right now. You gotta go with what is working. However, I agree why no deep passes at all. WIth the running game as solid as it is right now, you would think a PA pass over the top would work. It would be nice to see D Thomas get a shot down field.

Id like to see us get aggressive with a lead. When you try to exceute 13 plays on every drive, you are bound to make a mistake or 2. With the kind of running game we have, we should be able to be unbelievable in play action

I felt the same way after the game. Yes, I am happy to have a win, but some of the game scheming is troubling. I guess I was hoping that these games would serve as a good "tune-up" to really get the offense into synch, but now, it seems like we have taken some steps backwards since the Eagles game.

But the 'Skins have had this close game capacity and mentality for a while. I do admit that it would be nice to have one of those high scoring, dominating games where we can relax and just enjoy the game (instead of becoming angry, like I found myself near the end of the game).

But hey, the Lions are coming up, so maybe they'll be just what the doctor ordered!

if we have to sweat out a victory against the Lions then i'll be really concerned

the Lions are being scored upon at will by bad teams, we better hang at least 30pts on them

As much as we would like that, and as much as we should be able to-it probably will not happen. It will be a nailbiter. I would like for us to wrap up a game before the 4th quarter starts.

5 wins this season...all extremely close. When are we going to win in a rout or be able to relax in the 4th quarter? We have a really hard time playing with a lead and we are having a hard time scoring TD's. In additon, with the way our offense is, we have really long drives that take 6-7 minutes off the clock that yield either a field goal or a punt so we dont give ourselves enough time to quickly put points on the board.

We havent even attempted deep in 3 games. We need to find a way to score quickly or on big plays especially when we have a lead. Our modern NFL offense that beat Dallas and Philly is suddenly looking very Joe Gibbs2.0ish

next week vs the Lions.

next week vs the Lions.

you would think... though i have a feeling zorn is going to "stick to the gameplan" which seems the last couple of weeks to include tons of running and 3 step drop passes. I have a feeling zorn would stick with this plan if i was playing cornerback for the other team...

After the first game I would have been happy to win 5 games this season. I hate Bill Parcells but that quote is dead on! "First you win, then you become good" I am not so sure we are that good or the NFL is that equal or what. A win is a win! Go Skins!

Archived