Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3rd year thoughts on Rocky McIntosh

Rocky52Mc

I must be missing something. The Rocky I saw was out of position and unable to provide any sort of reliable pass rush. Rocky has one more year to prove he is a starter in this league. After all we gave up another draft pick inorder to trade up and grab him.

As for the jerseys he hasn't earned that support.

He hasn't played that great, but at least he's ten times better than Warrick Holdman, haha.

I thought Rocky's play really tapered-off after the first Eagles game. He's not been the same player since the game in Dallas in the '07 season.

He hasn't looked very fluid, his back-side pursuit is non-existent, he can't get off of blocks at the point of attack and he looks lost in coverage. There may be some credence to the whispers about his knees.

I was not surprised to see the coaches opt to go with Fincher in the fourth quarter of the season.

Rocky seems like a good guy. It's good to know that he just tore his ACL instead of MCL and ACL. He might turn it around next season. But as of right now he's a liability on the field and his conditioning is a concern. Especially when he's being replaced in the 4th quarter.

It takes 2 full years to fully recover and play 100% from a surgery like that. Same goes to Carlos. Rocky bring playmaking ability to the defense, no doubt. He can be a stand out and his potential is enermous. I'm sorry to hear some people here say things like "He won't be considered top of his position ever...but" that's wrong. As long as he's commited to the position he can gain that respect in time. Most players do, especially when you have a turn out like he's had in his short time here. Fletcher what...never made it to the pro-bowl? But he's our beast, arguably he should have gone this year and years before..but who gives a damn.

I tell you what, go look up every single fumble that the Redskins have made while he's on the field and tell me where number 52 is. If he isn't around the ball, you're lying.

McIntosh gets beat in coverage a little too often for my tastes, and doesn't seem to be in on many big plays. This however has dual meanings- he makes few game changing plays, but he also gives up few game changing plays. He's solid which is a lot more than anybody can say about I-57 whom he replaced. I still don't think he's living up to his potential or draft position, and his injuries are a big worry.

He obviously didn't do squat in year1, but then had a "good" season in year2 -- at times, even showed flashes being great. Very explosive hitter.

And then the ACL.

And when he came back, I think he suprised most at 1) Being back so fast and 2) being as consistently in the lineup and around the ball -- for a guy who had ACL surgery 8 months before.

So what are my thoughts? I think he's proven his ability to start in this league EVEN with an ACL injury. Which makes me think he's capable of being "great". Have to wait and see, but if he builds on his sucess, AND his adversity -- he could be special.

McIntosh gets beat in coverage a little too often for my tastes, and doesn't seem to be in on many big plays. This however has dual meanings- he makes few game changing plays, but he also gives up few game changing plays. He's solid which is a lot more than anybody can say about I-57 whom he replaced. I still don't think he's living up to his potential or draft position, and his injuries are a big worry.

I agree with this.

When healthy he's solid, if totally unspectacular and as someone very adeptly mentioned, he's cost effective. However, I'd like to see more production from that position. He hasn't been the same player he was to start the '07 season and since the first Dallas game of that year. His play has declined all too steadily.

solid player, good team guy, the fact that he's been injured and hasn't realized his potential should make him easy for us to resign... that is unless he goes crazy this year... best case we get good value and resign him and he starts to fill out his potential..

• 2 years later...

Maybe one of the most underrated moves of this 3-1 start was re-signing a guy most people wanted shipped out of here to a minimal deal. "He doesn't fit the 3-4" "He sucks" "I hate apples"....these were all things said about my boy. But check him out now.

Maybe one of the most underrated moves of this 3-1 start was re-signing a guy most people wanted shipped out of here to a minimal deal. "He doesn't fit the 3-4" "He sucks" "I hate apples"....these were all things said about my boy. But check him out now.

thank you rocky, we all have said you've been playing well. nice of you to stop by. tell vinny we said hi, we all know he's lurking.

The 3-4 seems to agree with Rocky and Haslett has him playing at a high level. Kudos to both of them! I don't think he'll ever be Probowl material but he's a solid, well rounded player and obviously a student of the game.

Keep it coming, Rocky!!!

He leads the team in tackles.

That doesn't mean he isn't missing his fair share. He played great against STL and I was really pleased, but I'm not going to get carried away it wasn't too long ago 90% of this board was up in arms about how he couldn't cover or tackle.

That doesn't mean he isn't missing his fair share. He played great against STL and I was really pleased, but I'm not going to get carried away it wasn't too long ago 90% of this board was up in arms about how he couldn't cover or tackle.

You said he's only had one good game, AND he misses tackles...yet he leads the team in tackles. I'm not exactly sure how you reconcile that. Can you imagine if he had TWO good games? ;)

And it wasn't too long ago that 90% of this board felt Haslett was a complete bum and needed to be fired, pronto. What "90% of this board" believes rarely equates to anything factual lol...

---------- Post added October-3rd-2011 at 09:01 PM ----------

Are people complaining about Rocky? Seriously? I don't care what he did in 2008, 2009, or 2010, the guy has looked pretty damn good this season.

:yes: :yes:

Archived