Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3rd year thoughts on Rocky McIntosh

Rocky52Mc

Great post, Anthony! I have always been a HUGE supporter of Rocky & agree that he was an absolute steal. I am also the world's #1 Rocky McIntosh Card Collector (self proclaimed, of course). LOL. Anywhoo, feel free to click on the link below to check out some of my collection. HTTR!!!!!!!!

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m239/thepistonsfanTRADEPAGE/ROCKY%20McINTOSH%20PC/?start=all

Guest isjoining

I've become a fan of Rocky Mcintosh since last year, and it continues this year. He's a very underrated weakside linebacker and should only get better once his knee is fully healed. Him and carlos rogers have been playing outstanding coming from knee surgery.

:D! All that I need to say about this is, Rocky finished his special teams work in less than one season. Bobby Carpenter on the other hand.. still has a lot of paperwork to file. :dallasuck

LOL

By the way, I love the fact that that London Fletcher and Rocky seem to be in a race to see who gets in on more plays. They both fly all over the field and it's contagious.

Great post' date=' Anthony! I have always been a HUGE supporter of Rocky & agree that he was an absolute steal. I am also the world's #1 Rocky McIntosh Card Collector (self proclaimed, of course). LOL. Anywhoo, feel free to click on the link below to check out some of my collection. HTTR!!!!!!!!

[url']http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m239/thepistonsfanTRADEPAGE/ROCKY%20McINTOSH%20PC/?start=all[/url]

I like the sig! Anyway you can PM me with someone who can make me a custom one?

And, I'm heading to that link to check them out now :)

Great thread my man... Rocky is a beast, period. Once he starts covering just as well as he tackles and hustles to the ball watch out. And I'm not saying he can't cover... not at all. Just that he's so good at everything else it's hard to match, but he will eventually. That's usually the hardest thing for a LBer.

This may be a little unrelated, but I'm giving a shout out to a poster I saw on the Profootballtalk.com comments page who commented on this weeks power rankings. (Btw this is not me, I swear, haha)

Linkage: http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/22/week-seven-interactive-power-rankings/

"Rocky McIntosh is the Next Big Thing says:

October 22nd, 2008 at 12:39 pm

Both the ‘Skins and Giants would hand it to the Titans. I’d be shocked if they put up 6 points on either of those defenses. Then again, who will contain Bo Scaife? Many hath tried, and failed.

Next up for the Titans on their schedule: St. Cloud State. "

Rocky's already done more than I had hoped for this season. His (and Carlos') comeback from such recent ligament damage is nothing short of remarkable.

I honestly can't believe they both have done. Carlos has what? 11 pass deflections? Don't they say you need at least 10 a year to be considered elite?

Rocky is a freaking animal. He has made very good plays since he has been here but one thing he needs to work on more is his coverage skills. Other then that Rocky is the best linebaker we have drafted since Lavar Arrington for sure. He is a very solid player and I'm glad to see him back on the field after his injury last year. Looks like he never lost a step!

Rocky is a freaking animal. He has made very good plays since he has been here but one thing he needs to work on more is his coverage skills. Other then that Rocky is the best linebaker we have drafted since Lavar Arrington for sure. He is a very solid player and I'm glad to see him back on the field after his injury last year. Looks like he never lost a step!

Agreed. But I do see much improvement in his coverage game than last year. I remember he had a little bit of problems covering a few TE's. He seems to be a lot more closer to making the play then he did last year in pass coverage.

Agreed. But I do see much improvement in his coverage game than last year. I remember he had a little bit of problems covering a few TE's. He seems to be a lot more closer to making the play then he did last year in pass coverage.

However, there is NOT a LB who should be able to consistently cover an elite TE. If your an elite pass catching TE whose being shutdown by even an elite LB, you are either injured to the point that maybe you should not be playing or you should hand in your elite status.

However, there is NOT a LB who should be able to consistently cover an elite TE. If your an elite pass catching TE whose being shutdown by even an elite LB, you are either injured to the point that maybe you should not be playing or you should hand in your elite status.

I say we give Rocky the benefit of the doubt. :D

He's a fantastic young player, but the pro bowl is about stats. I doubt he'll make it.

I agree partly with what you say about the stats, but I aslo disagree. It's a poularity contest for the most part. A perfect example: Vince Young in his rookie year. Completed only 51% of his passes and had more INTs than TDs.

I think Rocky can and will make it.:2cents:

Archived