Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sons of Anarchy -contains spoilers

BigMike619

So if I'm reading you correctly here you didn't like it. 

I watched the first 6 seasons and gave up on it because I felt like they didn't respect me as a viewer. They made me care about all of these characters and then systematically killed them off one by one with no pay off to me as a viewer. I got tired of being abused by Sutter basically.

Plus I couldn't forgive him for killing off Opie for no reason other than to be sensational.

Everyone can't live, especially outlaws :)  They mix in gang violence, double crosses, interior conspiracies within the club, etc.  I love the show.  I like the big picture story they laid out.  Because it's fictional, I just ignore all the bodies they have started putting down, especially the past 2 seasons.  

If anything, I'm sick of Gema being the reason the majority of the **** crumbled.  She is the sole destroyer of the club, imo, yet everyone is oblivious to that one detail, except Juice who came in right after she killed Tara.  

I'm just sick of Peg Bundy, but she is married to Otto in real life and he's the writer/creator of the show, so it doesn't surprise me that she's still around.

Getting so tired of Gemma's constant trashing everyone else, making death threats left and right and acting superior amidst it all.

It's gotten to the point where her husband has made the entire show about Gemma, when it started out about the club and Jax.  Her constant lying getting people killed, etc.  It would have been best to leave it as was with just her involvement with Clay in the killing of Jax's father.  

I guess when you kill the entire club off and main characters (Opie, Piney, Clay, Tara, Bobby, Otto - though not main, etc.), Gemma gets the spotlight.  I still like the show regardless, just wish they had taken a slightly different approach.  I think it would have been better if Tara had killed Gemma and ran off with the kids, leaving Jax in the dust.  

They lost me when they killed Tara off. They had the perfect ending set up. Jax accepting what he's done, would do his time and come out clean on the other side. I'm a fan of happy endings and that was beautiful scene in that park where Jax told Tara that was the plan. Kinda seemed like another twist for the sake of another twist, and now it look like the whole club is gonna get wiped out. 

I've invested enough that I'll watch it through the end, but yea the show isn't what it used to be for me.

This season is an absolute mess. I will still watch to see how it plays out but honestly I'm rooting for Nero to get away and Marks to end all the Sons. That's it, none of them are redeemable.

The writing has been awful. This show had a ton of potential and was pretty good in the early seasons before it turned into the Gemma show and Sutter just stopped caring.

There is no emotional payoff anymore even with character deaths. The entire season has been spent with the audience waiting for one lie to be revealed...it isn't suspenseful or dramatic anymore it's annoying and I feel like the characters are ignorant if they can't put this together with all the clues and info they have.

Also, not a single character outside of Gemma has been written this season as a character that matches their action and beliefs in the previous 6 seasons. Everybody is just completely out of character and doing foolish thing after foolish thing.

I'm done venting. It's still entertaining but good Lord, has it fallen off a cliff.

This season is an absolute mess. I will still watch to see how it plays out but honestly I'm rooting for Nero to get away and Marks to end all the Sons. That's it, none of them are redeemable.

The writing has been awful. This show had a ton of potential and was pretty good in the early seasons before it turned into the Gemma show and Sutter just stopped caring.

There is no emotional payoff anymore even with character deaths. The entire season has been spent with the audience waiting for one lie to be revealed...it isn't suspenseful or dramatic anymore it's annoying and I feel like the characters are ignorant if they can't put this together with all the clues and info they have.

Also, not a single character outside of Gemma has been written this season as a character that matches their action and beliefs in the previous 6 seasons. Everybody is just completely out of character and doing foolish thing after foolish thing.

I'm done venting. It's still entertaining but good Lord, has it fallen off a cliff.

Agree 100% with this. This from the AV Club hits the nail on the head:

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/sons-anarchy-what-piece-work-man-211424

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed the finale. I thought it ended appropriately for the show and characters mostly and I'm not going to list my problems with the way the story unfolded because it's pointless and I want to remember the show fondly.

My main gripe was really just coming to terms with the fact that after season 3 the quality of the story and writing just wasn't on the same level. But I did like it for what it was.

Jax went out fittingly and although the final scene was a bit cheesy and heavy handed with Jesus symbolism, it worked for me. There was no grand master plan like there usually is, he accepted the consequences for his actions, saved his boys and went out on his terms.

Suit of Woe was the best episode this season too. That's the episode Jax found it all out and had the memorable scene win Jax/Juice and Nero's phone call with Jax. Those were fantastic scenes.

Charlie Hunnam is a boss too and I'm a big fan. I hope this free him up to make more movies now.

Well, that's all she wrote. Like a lot of folks, I grew weary of the series but couldn't bring myself to bail. Some decent moments in the last season, but I felt strangely unmoved by the finale.

I felt the same but I think that's ok because I was ready for Jax to go. The way the story was built, Jax had become unredeemable and so it wasn't a dramatic shock or pain to see him go. It was the closure I wanted.

I think the story would have been much better told in 5 seasons. 7 just seemed to drag it out and added extra fluff that just made us happy to get that closure.

Still, they had a good run.

Well, that's all she wrote. Like a lot of folks, I grew weary of the series but couldn't bring myself to bail. Some decent moments in the last season, but I felt strangely unmoved by the finale.

My thoughts on the finale:

1.  I loved him going out on a killing spree

2.  I loved him setting the club up for the most part and back on its path

3.  I wish they had tweaked the ending and had the truck jack knife, blocking his escape, then him going suicide by cop with the 20+ cops chasing him.  

4.  I literally sat here during the last scene and yelled out, "enough of this stupid ****ing song already".

5.  Him putting his arms up in the air and before hitting the truck was a little over the top, cheesy and over-dramatic imo

6.  I would have liked to have seen a minute or two flash forward into the future of where the club was, Wendy and his boys, etc.  I think that would have been cool maybe to see that Abel was in medical school or something.  Or see the remaining club members in a deal going south, then cutting to another clip.

Really minor things.  

6.  I would have liked to have seen a minute or two flash forward into the future of where the club was, Wendy and his boys, etc.  I think that would have been cool maybe to see that Abel was in medical school or something.  Or see the remaining club members in a deal going south, then cutting to another clip.

Really minor things.  

That would have been really cool and I was also thinking "get to Jax dying already since you keep showing everyone going 5 mph in the scene"

I am glad they wrapped everything up neatly though. Some finales (Sopranos) try to be too clever but this was pretty straight forward.

Now on to Justified final season which I am way more disappointed to see go.

That would have been really cool and I was also thinking "get to Jax dying already since you keep showing everyone going 5 mph in the scene"

I am glad they wrapped everything up neatly though. Some finales (Sopranos) try to be too clever but this was pretty straight forward.

Now on to Justified final season which I am way more disappointed to see go.

I love Justified too man.  FX cranks out some damn good shows.

I'm ok with him striking the Jesus right before hitting he truck. He finally "let it all go" and had a few seconds of actual freedom. I thought it was poetic, with a bit of cheesiness thrown in

Also noticed the final shot of 2 crows on the road with the bread and blood of Jax as he a sacrifices himself. The first shot of the entire series is two crows on the road as Jax drives through them

Just finished the series finale. We binge watched this season in a matter of a couple of weeks. It's my new favorite way to watch serial TV shows.

I'm glad I stuck with the series. There were times in season 5 and 6 when I wanted to give up. Once Clay bit the dust it moved along with more veracity. Season 7, coming off of Tara's death was pretty quick moving although a bit convoluted. Glad it wasn't all lovey dovey though. Still could do without the musical montages in most cases.

I loved the scenes with Jax and Juice and Jax and Nero. Glad that everything was nearly wrapped up and there were no loose ends. I'm also glad that Jax died in the end. That's the way he had to go, he had done so many wrongs, particularly in season 6 and 7.

The last few episodes were better than most of the season put together, although that isn't saying a lot.

There were some pretty great emotional one on one scenes.

The last episode, I thought was a bit of a drop in quality from the other recent ones, although I liked the symbolism in hindsight.

I think the homeless lady being the grim reaper or angel of death or whatever is kind of ridiculous though since this isn't a mystical/horror/fantasy show.

Also the assassination scenes (Barofsky and Marx) were fairly unbelievable and didn't really pack the punch they ought to have.

They felt more like Sutter just threw them in there to tie up some loose ends.

There's been so much killing that their deaths sort of fell flat at this point.

And I don't really get the thinking behind saving the Irish guy who tried to shoot them and who they can't trust and pissing off the higher ups...again.

But the emotional scenes they nailed pretty well. (although the fake execution scene and the vote seem odd in retrospect)

So glad to see Nero and Wendy leave with the kids by the way, though I wonder about Abel.

Still could do without the musical montages in most cases.

I was glad we didn't get a montage of naked men's asses this episode.

Archived