Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Fires have Started

MissU28

There's a big fire on Camp Pendleton burning up at least a 1000 acres. I can see the fire from my apartment...Camp Pendleton has fires all the time, but this is the first one I've actually seen.

News: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/northcounty/20081008-1938-bn08penfire2.html

The Santa Anas are creeping upon us.... I wonder if we will have another big fire season like we did last year...

Stay safe MissU. I'm sure you know all too well those wildfires are nothing to mess with. Hopefullly the Fire Dept. can get them put out ASAP.

Thanks...my boyfriend says it's not as close as it looks, and it's not a big deal to him bc this kind of stuff happens all the time (he works on base). It's actually pretty cool to see. Driving home from work I saw tons of smoke... poor golf course :(

Stay safe.

BTW your sig is funny as ****.

Thanks, and thanks:)

Fabulous. The lovely Santa Ana Windssssss that bring about all the loonies. A lot of these fires start naturally, but many start from piromaniacs excited to see their "work." Last year I was affected by the Big Bear fire. We could see the flames over the hills and the area was really smoking and there was ash raining down in our town. It was really odd.

At the beginnin of summer '07 there was a huge fire up in northern California near my familie's river house. Here are a few pics my brother and I took...

l_1d9d77c996eff514f8dd362c42dc7a47.jpg

l_6e491d18485fdbc829e983d0a518df85.jpg

l_24a74554772b94a22e7abd4c8b802f19.jpg

m_e90d33fc99bed2e497670ff121e5339c.jpg

Taking water from our swim hole!

Fabulous. The lovely Santa Ana Windssssss that bring about all the loonies. A lot of these fires start naturally, but many start from piromaniacs excited to see their "work." Last year I was affected by the Big Bear fire. We could see the flames over the hills and the area was really smoking and there was ash raining down in our town. It was really odd.

At the beginnin of summer '07 there was a huge fire up in northern California near my familie's river house. Here are a few pics...

yeah, last year the schools were closed for a week because of the fires and the Fallbrook and another fire were so close that there was ash over EVERYTHING and people were wearing masks outside. Very eery.

Were good. I think that most of So Cal gets really nervous whenever a fire starts because we all know how crazy it can get and how fast it can spread. I remember last year just watching it come over the hills and packing my truck up and coming to work.

We are safe though out here and temps have dropped drastically.

Thanks...my boyfriend says it's not as close as it looks, and it's not a big deal to him bc this kind of stuff happens all the time (he works on base). It's actually pretty cool to see. Driving home from work I saw tons of smoke... poor golf course :(

not the camp p golf course. man, i love that place. a retired-marine buddy of mine would take me on base to play about once every 2 months or so. great cheap golf!

stay safe, so cal residents. with a rental property in vista, i'm pullin' for the good guys!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how some of you deal with in California, but this is really doing a number on me. I can't sleep or anything. Temps are at about 28 and the smoke is helping the frost to be thicker it seems. The air freshener doesn't seem to help much. Ugh.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/300_Acres_Burn_in_NJ_Forest_Fire.html

This has ongoing footage from earlier today.

Archived