Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best team in the NFL?

Touchdown Redskins

I don't usually make threads like this, but something really irked me just now. I was watching Sportscenter, and they had a poll asking "Who's the best team in the NFL?" Predictably, and rightly so, the Giants were first with almost half of the voters voting for them.

The part that angered me was Dallas being second in the poll, with the Redskins being third or fourth (we had a very small percentage of voters). Now, I understand we don't get much love from the media, but it's surprising that we were second. The definition of "delusionsal" is believing in something despite being presented with evidence to the contrary, and I believe that some of the voters were just that.

Polls, Pro-Bowls and little Miss Maryland have one thing in common

It is a popularity contest- and with Dallas being South Americas Team, well you know.

The Giants foes otherthan the Skins are a combined 1-11(reported on SC, better check that before giving blood over it). Not to say the Giants don't deserve the rank, they are the Champs and are undefeated thus far.

Polls, Pro-Bowls and little Miss Maryland have one thing in common

It is a popularity contest- and with Dallas being South Americas Team, well you know.

The Giants foes otherthan the Skins are a combined 1-11(reported on SC, better check that before giving blood over it). Not to say the Giants don't deserve the rank, they are the Champs and are undefeated thus far.

That's a good point, too, but they did beat us, so I'll concede they are the better team right now. We'll have to wait for a rematch to prove we're better, but as of now, we're better than the Cowboys for sure. Hell, they even struggled against an Eagles team we dominated.

That's true, but I think I'm more confused as to what people are looking at. Dallas isn't even the second best team in their division, much less the league.

People are still in love with Dallas. Don't forget people sent 11 pro bowlers from this team...please. There maybe only a few on the team. Lets just keep flying under the radar...although I think our time is up.

I hope the doubt continues

good press scares me

I said this in another thread, but I think we should start getting used to this. The way the media operates, a team that gets love is usually one that's doing very well and consistently winning. A team that is inconsistent is not going to get the same kind of love, and they will be an underdog week in and week out. Positive media attention is a sign that we are on our way to being a consistently great team, and I'd rather have love in the media than hate, which would probably mean that we're inconsistent, like the previous 16 years.

I don't usually make threads like this, but something really irked me just now. I was watching Sportscenter, and they had a poll asking "Who's the best team in the NFL?" Predictably, and rightly so, the Giants were first with almost half of the voters voting for them.

The part that angered me was Dallas being second in the poll, with the Redskins being third or fourth (we had a very small percentage of voters). Now, I understand we don't get much love from the media, but it's surprising that we were second. The definition of "delusionsal" is believing in something despite being presented with evidence to the contrary, and I believe that some of the voters were just that.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the question was, "Who will win the NFC East?"

It really means nothing at all. It is nice to see the Skins get props in the media, but I am not going to get too upset if we aren't ranked where I or most of us think we should be. Because it has no bearing on the game. It is natural to get a little irked if someone dismisses us as lucky or something like that, but other teams like the Giants, Titans, and even Panthers(who I think are being overlooked) deserve their shine as well. But we will destroy them all. :D

Archived