Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official VP Debate Thread

Cooked Crack

What?! Are you serious? Keep up.

The OP who is a Obama supporter made fun of her for saying Talibani as if she called the Taliban - Talibani. I had to school him that the Pres of Iraq was named Talabani.

I thought you left Maliki out on purpose, we are on the same page now.

Can someone tell me what the hell "precondition" is?

precondition is making arrangements (or conditions) before going to sit down with potentially dangerous people. You don't just go sit down with dictators, you need to meet with them on conditions that are agreed upon beforehand.

You don't understand liberals at all. We don't believe republicans are conservative. We don't believe conservatives are conservative. We believe that all of you talk a good talk but can't stand by your ideals.

With liberals you know what you'll get.

We know what we'll get if Obama is elected. A government so dominated by the democratic party that nothing will be able to stop it from ignoring any idea of bipartisan legislation and thinking.

That being said, I don't really get wowed by either candidate.

:stfu:

You're right. She's doing great. She's holding her own. She's great......

for me to poop on!:silly:

Typical liberal response. Hey toejam, come back and talk to me when you begin to work hard and expect that hard work to translate into dollars.

Please consider the following:

A young teenage girl was about to finish her first year of college. She considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat but her father was a rather staunch Republican.

One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs and his opposition to taxes and welfare programs. He stopped her and asked her how she was doing in school.

She answered that she had a 4.0 GPA but it was really tough. She had to study all the time, never had time to go out and party. She didn't have time for a boyfriend and didn't really have many college friends because of spending all her time studying.

He asked, "How is your friend Mary." She replied that Mary was barely getting by. She had a 2.0 GPA, never studied, but was very popular on campus, went to all the parties all the time. Why she often didn't show up for classes because she was hung over.

Dad then asked his daughter why she didn't go to the Dean's office and ask why she couldn't take 1.0 off her 4.0 and give it to her friend who only had a 2.0. That way they would both have a 3.0 GPA.

The daughter angrily fired back, "That wouldn't be fair, I worked really hard for mine and Mary has done nothing".

The father slowly smiled and said, "Welcome to the Republican Party".

My thoughts:

1) Ifill did well... Far better than Lehrer a week ago. I liked the questions, and I thought they were more specific than Lehrer's questions.

2) Both candidates did well... Because I thought Barack Obama did better than expected, I'm also going to say that Palin did better than expected. Overall, my first reaction is that this is a win for McCain/Palin... Strong performance by both. Biden was more knowledgeable, but it didn't fluster Palin and she remained confident throughout. No major gaffes by either, no real uncomfortable moments... nothing to be ashamed of in the performance by either.

It was overall a better debate than a week ago... Honestly? I think Palin and Biden are both very human, and that's not necessarily a bad thing for either.

how in the world are you a partisan hack when just like 3 weeks ago you didn't even know who you were going to vote for because you were "confused" and needed more information?!?!? Seriously, how does one become such a strong partisan voter in 3 weeks?

I wouldn't be so quick to question him. A LOT of things have happened in the past three weeks.

McCain lost 10 points in some polls for a reason. A lot of people have moved toward Obama recently.

They are almost the opposite when it comes to where they stand on certain issues. McCain keeps his purse string pulled tight yet he isn't popular among the "religous right".
Maybe the "religious right" (I hate that label) isn't as tight as they are made out to be? Hmmm?

Archived