Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com Article: "Mmm, mmm, good: Campbell real comfort food for Redskins"

#98QBKiller

Bubba posted this over in the Breaking News section, but I thought it would get more eyeballs over here.

Good little write-up on JC. I love how they mention that TD pass to ARE that got called back. When I was watching the game, I just knew the play was doomed when JC was scrambling, then all of the sudden bam! ARE's in the end zone....dammit Rabach... :mad:

Anyway, Jason made a play when it looked like nothing was there, and I'm glad he got some credit for it. He seems to be doing that more and more now, finding a way to make the play last and make something happen. Reminds me of the TD to Moss in the Saints game.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80b47d1d&template=with-video&confirm=true

This has been a rough week. The Dow Jones fell almost 800 points on Monday. The biggest one-day drop in the market's history. The drop was so bad that only one company in the S&P 500 finished higher after the market's Monday massacre. One out of 500. That company? Campbell's Soup.

The theory behind the rise in the stock price is that soup is comfort food. And we all look for comfort anywhere we can in times like this. If things get even worse, soup kitchens will need, well, soup.

Coincidentally, of course, the week started pretty well for another Campbell: Redskins quarterback Jason Campbell. On Sunday, he became the only quarterback to beat the Cowboys this season. He's also the only quarterback (with at least 50 attempts) not to have thrown an interception this year. Not too shabby. But if you're still not convinced Campbell is the goods, consider this ... Campbell has the highest passer rating (100.2) in the NFC East. Better than Eli Manning (91.1), better than Donovan McNabb (95.7) and yes, even better than Tony Romo sits to pee (99.0). Which brings us back to the Dallas game. Campbell was terrific.

He led Washington to a score on four successive drives. That's consistency, and it's one of the marks of maturity. Gone is the free-wheeling athlete who threw the ball then threw up his arms when the play went bust. Campbell's still got a great arm, but he's got great control, too. That means finding the open receiver. And Campbell does that. His completion percentage is career best 65 percent. Though it's possible that Campbell's most impressive completion last week was one that never made it onto the stat sheet.

The play was in the third quarter, just after Clinton Portis' apparent touchdown was called back by a penalty. Watching points taken off the board is hard. But Campbell didn't lose focus. Instead on third-and-10 he shrugged off a blitzing Terence Newman, regained his balance and spun away from the meaty mitts of Dallas defensive end Stephen Bowen, continued to roll to his left and, while on the run, fired a strike to Antwaan Randle El for a touchdown. Well, it looked like a touchdown. A penalty actually took that score off the board as well. But penalties don't erase memories. And that superb bit of athleticism is likely to raise eyebrows (and generate concern) in coach's meetings for the rest of the season. Campbell is the most dangerous kind of quarterback. A playmaker, with pocket skills.

Washington has now won three consecutive games. And while that doesn't put them in the Super Bowl, it has taken them out of the soup they were in after their opening day debacle. As for comfort and food? Well, every Redskins fans should take comfort in just how fast and far their young quarterback has developed. And the food? Well, I don't know what's on the Redskins' training table, but their opponents should figure on a steady diet of Campbell's.

Anyone else getting a little tired of the whole 'Mmm, mmm, good' reference regarding Campbell? Seems like anytime someone writes an article about Campbell and they can't think of a headline for the article, they just say 'Mmm, mmm, good.'

I guess as long as they're saying it, it means he's playing well, so I can't complain too much. But it stopped being clever and original some time ago. :)

I kinda saw this coming if you think about think about the Geico commericial that's getting a lot of air time. He starting to get some accolades I'm not worried if this is going to go to his head he seem to still be a level headed young man. Just hope he continues to play like he does very aware of that he is not always going to have the greatest game . As long as he continues to progress that is all we can ask for.

He led Washington to a score on four successive drives. That's consistency, and it's one of the marks of maturity. Gone is the free-wheeling athlete who threw the ball then threw up his arms when the play went bust.

Either this guy is making **** up because he isn't confident in his stance, or he's talking about the wrong Campbell.

"A playmaker, with pocket skills"

Now there's a statement that is the antithesis of what the main complaint was of him.

Yeah, amazing how a little hard work can really pay off in spades, eh? Really proud of Campbell, you know he's worked for his dues, especially in the off-season.

If he establishes himself I want to see a Campbell's Soup commercial were McNabb is being told his services are no longer needed and he's like "wait, i'm being replaced?! By who!?"

And then a shot of Jason about to go on the set and give McNabb the two handed point with a wink and a smile...

Either this guy is making **** up because he isn't confident in his stance, or he's talking about the wrong Campbell.

Yeah, that confused the heck out of me as well. It's certainly not Jason, that's for sure. Even when he's struggles, Jason is modest about it and the first to blame himself.

Anyone else getting a little tired of the whole 'Mmm, mmm, good' reference regarding Campbell? Seems like anytime someone writes an article about Campbell and they can't think of a headline for the article, they just say 'Mmm, mmm, good.'

I guess as long as they're saying it, it means he's playing well, so I can't complain too much. But it stopped being clever and original some time ago. :)

This is the first time I'd ever seen it actually.

Archived