Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Disrespect in Green Bay

acason5

I live in Iowa and decided to take a trip to Lambeau with a few friends of mine who are Packer Backers. We went out Saturday night and I was pretty trashed. While we were walking to another bar, some idiot had the balls to make a remark about Sean Taylor(I was wearing a Taylor authentic jersey). He said, "We like to talk about that guy in the past tense", while laughing. If it weren't for the girl I was with grabbing me, I would've knocked the guy out right in front of a Green Bay cop. I think it would've been worth it to go to jail. Anyway, I'm fortunate that I didn't. Just thought I'd share this story. HTTR.

I live in Iowa and decided to take a trip to Lambeau with a few friends of mine who are Packer Backers. We went out Saturday night and I was pretty trashed. While we were walking to another bar, some idiot had the balls to make a remark about Sean Taylor(I was wearing a Taylor authentic jersey). He said, "We like to talk about that guy in the past tense", while laughing. If it weren't for the girl I was with grabbing me, I would've knocked the guy out right in front of a Green Bay cop. I think it would've been worth it to go to jail. Anyway, I'm fortunate that I didn't. Just thought I'd share this story. HTTR.

I'm gonna take a guess that the guy probably meant to say.."I'm glad we don't have to face Sean Taylor on the field anymore because he was a great player and a game changer on Defense, etc. " I doubt he meant that he was glad he was dead.

The bad thing is that because Taylor has passed away no one can really express that thought without coming across being disrepectful.

Exactly. And it takes you down to their level in a way. There are people like that everywhere and spending time worrying or wanting punch them out will cause a lot of grey hair and possibly cost a lot of money. Better to ignore and realize they're in the minority.

Problems with this story:

You wore a football jersey out on a Saturday night

You almost overreacted to a comment made about a man you presumably have never met

Even after sobering up, you thought this would be something worthy of a new thread here

People, Sean Taylor, though a phenomenal athlete and sure-fire star-in-the-making for the Redskins, was not our friend/family member. It was tragic FOR THOSE WHO KNEW HIM when he passed away last year, but let's let the man rest in peace and let those who knew him as more than just a good safety do the mourning.

from my personal experience, I have found a lot of douche bag dis-respectful fans...I've heard several comments about ST that were 100% inappropriate...It annoys me but I cant start a fight with every class-less person I run into...I live in Baltimore....trust me that would be a lot of fighting...

Yeah, lets go to jail all over someone who probably never even knew you.

I understand why you were upset, but do you honestly want to be put in jail all over some douchebag drunk?

Let it go, not worth it. But for some reason if you really felt the need to get him started, you could have said something about Reggie White.

But the makes you just as bad.

I'm gonna take a guess that the guy probably meant to say.."I'm glad we don't have to face Sean Taylor on the field anymore because he was a great player and a game changer on Defense, etc. " I doubt he meant that he was glad he was dead.

This. That's exactly what I thought when I read it.

I think the OP may have overreacted juuuust a tad.

If anyone ever makes a remark to me about him, im just going to say..

"You're lucky hes not here anymore because you know full well he would knock one of your receivers the **** out! Dont be jealous you'll never have a player as good as him on your team, hater"

Problems with this story:

You wore a football jersey out on a Saturday night

You almost overreacted to a comment made about a man you presumably have never met

Even after sobering up, you thought this would be something worthy of a new thread here

People, Sean Taylor, though a phenomenal athlete and sure-fire star-in-the-making for the Redskins, was not our friend/family member. It was tragic FOR THOSE WHO KNEW HIM when he passed away last year, but let's let the man rest in peace and let those who knew him as more than just a good safety do the mourning.

Think you are a bit outta line on this one. Although you may have knew him you should not say we as fans cannot mourn his passing. That's pretty selfish and self-centered to say my friend. :(

I did not intend to portray Green Bay fans as disrespectful. I was there last year when we lost. The fans were fantastic as a whole. Better than any other fan base as far as treating opposing teams' fans, and I've been to a lot of cities for Redskins games. That one guy was just an ***hole 'tho. I rarely get worked up about anything. I did wake up thankful I didn't do anything stupid.

I think it was tragic for more than just THOSE WHO KNEW HIM... Sean represented many things to many people--- and it wasn't entirely about football.

While we sang, "Fight for all DC!" He was out there doing it harder than any other player on the field. That's why we love/respect him and get emotionally charged (like THOSE WHO KNEW HIM) when people speak negatively about his premature passing.

You are very out-of-touch with reality if you think people can't become emotionally attached to someone they have never met before. Do you know both of your parents?

Archived