Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you could speak to the Redskins before Sunday's game...

bleedsb&G

What would you say?

I’m a long time fan of these forums, and have always had fun watching our Skins play. After reading all the articles and falling into the inevitable hype of Dallas week, I wanted to post this.

Anyhow, if I had a chance to speak with our Redskins, I would tell them this:

I have always been proud to be a Skins fan, but this year is the first time in a long time where I know we have something special. I look at the way you all have played the last couple games and it’s a testament to your desire. It’s something that can’t be held or physically displayed, but only described.

It seems that this year, you all seem to have the heart and willpower to prove not only to yourselves, but every naysayer out their, that the Washington Redskins are a back. When Sean was taken from us last year… I’m not going to lie, I cried for him and his family like it was my own brother, I even took the rest of the week of, because it effected me that deeply. I saw how you all pulled together last season and once again make it to the playoffs with talent, and pure heart. That was my proudest and most defining moment as a Skins fan.

This year it seems to have stuck. This Sunday, you guys are gonna play Dallas, our most hated rival. I’m willing to put everything on the line and say that deep down, those guys are scared, because they know the Redskins can hurt them. They know when they step on the feel with the Burgundy and Gold, they are going to have to constantly pay the price that many of them aren’t willing to do.

You have an entire Redskin’s nation behind you, and to me, you are all finally starting to gel as a team, and it’s something that cannot be denied, and will not be denied after the events of this Sunday. I pray that God has mercy on the souls of the Dallas Cowboys, because the Redskins sure as hell won’t.

P.S. This is what Dallas week does to me. :dallasuck

I would totally go Lombardi on them:

"Some of our offensive linemen are too nice sometimes. This is a violent sport. That's why the crowds love i, that's why people love it, because it's a violent sport, a contact sport. We're a little too nice. We've got to get a little bit meaner."

"Winning isn't everything. it's the only thing."

"There is no room for second place here. There's only one place here, and that's first place. There's a second place bowl game, and it's a hinky-dink football game, held in a hinky-dink town, played by hinky-dink football players. That's all that second place is: HINKY-DINKY."

"What the hell is going on here? Sit Down. Let's have some singing."

Let's go out ther and kick some mother ****ing ***!!!! I wanna see limbs flying off!!!! Guts on the ground!!! Blood in the air!!!! I want you to rip them of their manhood. After this game, NOT ONE of them should walk off the god **** field. This night, the REDSKINS take over the mother ****ing NFC East. It's in our hands here tonight, and I'm sure as hell not losing my grip! Let's go boys!!!!!

I would tell them that the cowboys are saying they are going to kick our asses all over the field. Tell them that they have been talking about their mamas and calling them cheap whores. The media isnt giving us A CHANCE, ZILCH, NADA NONE! After that i would say..

NOT GET OUT THERE AND RIP THEIR FREAKING HEADS OFF! TAKE NO PRISONERS! PLAY EVERY DOWN LIKE IT WAS YOUR LAST! SHUT UP ALL OF THE CRITICS BY WINNING THIS GAME! DONT BE FRIENDLY WITH THEM ON THE FIELD AT ALL! SNARL YOUR NOSES LIKE A BULL WITH RABIES! EAT THEM ALIVE! WE DONT GET PAID TO BE NICE! AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST THIS IS DALLAS! NOT YOUR GRANDMOTHERS OR GRANDFATHERS! AMERICAS TEAM??? PFFFFFTTT WE ARE THE NATIONS CAPITOL! NOT DALLASS!

Did i leave anything out?

;) Oh wait i did, DO IT FOR SEAN!!!!

On the other side of that door is a bunch of people that hate you, that want to see you fail, that want to see your bodies broken and battered but thats ok because in your hearts you know there is also plenty more that love you unconditionally, that want you to succeed, that want to see you walk off of the field in 60 minutes with your heads held high in victory.....

I'll leave it to you which ones you want to make happy this evening!

Gentleman, Make no mistake, that is Dallas out there and they will hurt you if you let them, DO NOT LET THEM!!!!

Leave everything on the field tonight, there are no do-overs!!!

I'd show them the quotes from a Dallas newspaper article:

Who generates more passion for Cowboys fans – coach Andy Reid or coach Jim Zorn?

Quarterback Donovan McNabb or quarterback Jason Campbell?

Safety Brian Dawkins or safety LaRon Landry?

Sunday's game at Texas Stadium is the first this season in which the Cowboys have been heavily favored (11 ½ points).

The first three regular-season games all seemed so much bigger than this one....

...Now come the Redskins. They sport a 2-1 record, but it's misleading.

Washington has won a pair of home games over New Orleans, 29-24, and Arizona, 24-17. In those games, the Redskins had a plus-2 advantage in turnovers and barely won both games.

They are 14th in total offense – worst in the division.

They are 13th in total defense – worst in the division.

The Redskins aren't a bad team, but they aren't on the same level as the Giants, Cowboys and Eagles....

The only current Redskins' symbol that generates much passion might be owner Daniel Snyder, but it's not like anyone fears him.

He's more laughable than anything else.

And this game has the potential to be a laugher. It has been a while since the Redskins represented one of those teams the Cowboys had to reach to find extra motivation.

If i could speak to them i would say this:

This game is for the fans.

The ones who pay your salary and give their support week in and week out.

This is the game they want more than anything else.

Now you go out there and show them that oyu deserve to be wearing that burgundy and gold.

I would tell them to leave it all on the field, get fire in the belly, ....and if I see you laughing it up, or joking with the enemy after the game or making a prayer circle at the star after the game then you'll be running laps all week. The I would pop in a tape of George Allen firing up the troops before the game.

Wow, I didn't expect so many responses. I am so hyped up for this game, but I don't have to tell you guys that, I am already getting the jeers from some of the Dallas fans here at work, but I guess that's how it is when it's Dallas week. Sunday can't come fast enough!!!

"It's games like these that define us ... who we are, what we're about ... men, we have an opportunity today to make a statement ... trust me when I tell you, a statement will be made out there today, but we have a chance to make it our statement ... this game is about heart, about desire ... and about being a Redskin ... this is our time, our moment, our statement ... speak with resolve, heart ... and one voice ... when you walk through these doors shortly, you will be facing an opportunity to define who you are, what you are about ... men, do not let this opportunity pass lightly, for champions are forged in the fires of games like this. It is not enough to "be competitive" today, to "keep it close" on the scoreboard. No, if we are indeed champions, then we will find a champions will, a champions fire ... and a defining victory!!

Archived