Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN.com: Bill Clinton urges voters to make election about 'something real (M.E.T.)

TrumanB

I saw Bill Clinton's interview with Larry King last night and it was hilarious watching him bite his tongue every time he had to act like he was supporting Obama. :rotflmao:We all know damn well the he and Hillary are secretly praying that Obama loses so that she can run in 2012.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/24/lkl.bill.clinton/index.html

He expresses his support for Sen. Barack Obama -- and predicts he will win the election -- but also offers praise for Sen. John McCain, the Republican candidate, and his running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.

Clinton says he likes and admires McCain, and describes him as the "only Republican with a chance to win."

Palin, he says, has "good political instincts."

"I think that she and her husband and their kids come across gutsy, spirited and real. I have significant disagreements with her about any number of social and economic issues but I find her an appealing person and I think that it's best to say that Sen. McCain looks like he knew what he was doing. He picked somebody who gave him a lot of energy, a lot of support," Clinton says.

I'm sure Bill does find her "appealing", real appealing. :rotflmao:

This is nothing new Truman. Clinton's been more or less praising them in every interview he's given.

But he has also stated that he doesn't agree with thier policies.

Oh, I know. But you know and I know and everyone else knows he's pulling for McCain to win.

Oh, I know. But you know and I know and everyone else knows he's pulling for McCain to win.

You have got be kidding me. Thats utterly insane. Sure he wanted his wife to win, I get that. If you think you are being sly in raising this point then you are sorely mistaken. Clinton is way too smart for him to support McCain with or without palin.

You have got be kidding me. Thats utterly insane. Sure he wanted his wife to win, I get that. If you think you are being sly in raising this point then you are sorely mistaken. Clinton is way too smart for him to support McCain with or without palin.

You must be the only one on the planet that believes Bill or Hillary Clinton want Obama to win. You also obviously don't know anything about the Clintons and their thirst for power.

You must be the only one on the planet that believes Bill or Hillary Clinton want Obama to win. You also obviously don't know anything about the Clintons and their thirst for power.

I believe both Bill and Hillary want Obama to win, and unless you can find some proof otherwise I will continue to believe that.

Lol, yea they are real tyrants. No, its simple, Clinton is too smart to be supporting McCain for president.

Yeah, so closed lipped that he praised both of them. :doh:

So, does that mean that you've come around and now respect him and admire his Clinton's integrity and politics. For so many years I've heard Republicans trashing him, saying he just lucked into a good economy, and was a terrible President...

You can tell how much damage the Republicans have done and how badly they have guided this country by their reversals on Clinton.

So, does that mean that you've come around and now respect him and admire his Clinton's integrity and politics. For so many years I've heard Republicans trashing him, saying he just lucked into a good economy, and was a terrible President...

You can tell how much damage the Republicans have done and how badly they have guided this country by their reversals on Clinton.

What integrity? He's not FOR McCain. He's AGAINST Obama. And it doesn't really matter if it was Obama or another candidate for the Democrats, the fact is it is not Hillary. The only way Hillary gets into the White House is if Obama loses and then she has a clear path to grab the 2012 nomination for the Democrats. If anyone on this board truly believes that either Bill or Hillary Clinton truly want Obama to win, PM me, I have some real estate I'd love to unload on you.

By the way, I don't agree with a lot of his views, but I think Bill Clinton is one of the most brilliant politicians in the past 100 years. Too bad his moral shortcomings derailed him.

Believe it or not, it is possible to like and admire a person without agreeing with their philosophies.

It's not the republicans or democrats that are ruining this country. It's the partisanship at the expense of common sense that is.

I find Clinton's ability to express himself that way refreshing.

Maybe some here could try it.

I was never Clinton's biggest fan but the man gives a great interview. He is so at ease in front of the camera it's scary. And his answers were thoughtful, informed and interesting. He didn't come across as a partisan hack, but he made sure not to give the GOP too much praise. To this day he's still a very shrewd politician.

Coming on the heals of the President's speech in which it looked like he was about to throw up at any moment it really made me realize how effective charisma can be in that office.

If you think he has no integrity then his positive statements about McCain are worthless.

Of course they are worthless. Do you really think he likes McCain or Palin? Or Obama? His entire focus is getting Hillary (and himself) back into the White House. Whatever means possible.

No, he isn't. There is zero doubt in my mind that both Bill and Hillary, while power-hungry, still care enough about the country to want Obama to win. I fail to see the correlation between what you consider to be their motive (thirst for power) and your conclusion in thinking that they want Obama to lose. Does a McCain victory somehow quench that thirst for power?

Does a McCain victory somehow quench that thirst for power?

Try to follow the logic. An Obama win in 2008 means he will be the nominee for the Democrats in 2012. Meaning Hillary doesn't have a shot at the White House until 2016. A lot can happen between now and then that could make her irrelevant. And while age shouldn't be a factor, she will be 69 years old before the 2012 election.

Try to follow the logic. An Obama win in 2008 means he will be the nominee for the Democrats in 2012. Meaning Hillary doesn't have a shot at the White House until 2016. A lot can happen between now and then that could make her irrelevant. And while age shouldn't be a factor, she will be 69 years old before the 2012 election.

Truman - You have this preconceived belief that the Clinton's ONLY care about being in power and now you see every decision, ever word, ever action based on that belief.

However -You belief is unfounded and based solely on your personal dislike of the Clinton's.

Bill Clinton loved making friends of enemies. He would MUCH rather talk to someone who disagreed with him and debate them then to talk with someone who agreed with him. He got a high out of it. I have no doubt that Bill Clinton really liked McCain because he got to debate McCain.

Look at who his friends are now. He is VERY close with George Bush Sr (Bush Sr even now jokes that he has had 2 sons in the white house). He stayed friends with Bob Dole.

And I have no doubt that he wants his wife to be president.

However -He also would much rather have Obama win this election. Bill Clinton has announced a huge Obama campaign schedule to campaign for Obama starting Oct 10th.

Meanwhile - Both Bill and Hillary have given great speeches at the DNC and have done what ever they could to help Obama win. They might not love the guy, but they are supporting them.

Of course, you are entitled to your beliefs, even though they are completely baseless.

Of course they are worthless. Do you really think he likes McCain or Palin? Or Obama? His entire focus is getting Hillary (and himself) back into the White House. Whatever means possible.

TrumanB, First off, who are you kidding. You didn't watch the Larry King interview. You hate Bill Clinton's guts and if you had to sit still and actually watch him for any period of time you eyes would go blind and your liver would stop working.

Yeah, you were casually watching Clinton, because you were "interested" in what he had to say about what was going on? You don't listen to people who disagree with you, much less your most hated icon of everything which is wrong with the Democratic party. Yeah, we're supposed to believe you were actually interested in the opositions point of view? You read the exherts in the new republic, on fox news, or in the Washington Times most likely. Probable copied your comments, off some Republican blog.

If you had actually watched the interview you would have heard that Clinton said he didn't think negative adds work, that he didn't think the independents and undicided folks wanted to hear negative adds. Thus he therefore wouldn't be saying anything bad about McCain. Clinton also said he's known McCain for a long time, liked him, and he and hillary had worked with him on a number of issues; But that McCain was wrong on the economy, healthcare, Iraq, and defense. That Clinton thought Obama would win the election because Obama was right on these issues while the people would see John McCain's policies were just more of the same.

One more thing, Bill Clinton also said that Hillary has done more to get Obama elected since the convention than all runnerups previously combined. He said she's been on the road constantly and has gone whereever Obama's campagne has asked her to go. Clinton also rattled off a dozen apperances he was making on behalf of Obama, Including Florida, and Georgia in the next few days.

But hey, don't let reality get in the way of your thread.

Archived