Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How important is Jason Taylor this week?

fullnelson9999

Thinking about the Taylor injury got me thinking. How important is Jason Taylor in beating the Cowboys? IMO the key to beating them is stopping Marion Barber, and i dont think that JT is that well suited for playing against him. Now obviously JT would be vital in putting Romo sits to pee's butt on the turf, but i dont think that passing is the key to the Cowboys offense. What do you think?

:dallasuck

The key to beating Dallas is getting a rush with the front 4

Taylor obviously helps that, but to be quite frank he hasn't been healthy yet this year. I don't know how effective he would have been

Simple plan this week. Rush 4, keep Romo sits to pee in the pocket, and force him to work down the field. DO NOT GIVE UP THE BIG PLAY

I think this is going to work out. Seriously, this will allow taylor a 2 week period to get healthy for the long run, and of course, we get to see these young MONSTERS we have behind him. Lets go Wilson, Evans, and James. Fresh meat, let the dogs loose on Romo sits to pee.

Neither the Browns, Eagles, or Packers have been able to pressure Romo sits to pee with 4. Look at what the Eagles did to the Steelers yesterday, and then look at what they did against the Cowboys O line last week.

You're not going to pressure Romo sits to pee with 4, at least not based on 3 games so far against teams that are known to pressure QB's.

Jason Taylor is a big loss for this game.

He batted down a few balls and one went for an INT. Other than that, he gets run against all the time. I think this maybe be a good thing.

JT's a pass rusher. He's far more effective when you're up late in a game and forced to pass, or on obvious passing situations.

they're damn good on offense, as someone else here posted, it's a pick your poisin situation for the D.

We've seen Romo sits to pee do some ignorant things with the ball, and I'd rather take Barber away. I think that Demetric is a better run stuffer, he's more in the Phil Daniels mold, than J. Taylor, so I'm OK with it for this game.

Any way we can dial up the gameplan from January at Fed-Ex?

The key to beating Dallas is getting a rush with the front 4

Taylor obviously helps that, but to be quite frank he hasn't been healthy yet this year. I don't know how effective he would have been

Simple plan this week. Rush 4, keep Romo sits to pee in the pocket, and force him to work down the field. DO NOT GIVE UP THE BIG PLAY

You mean like Phily and Green Bay did? Last I checked Dallas Ran all over Green Bay :/

This game is a total mismatch - but it's a Dallas Washington game and they never go as you might expect. We'll need turnovers and a lot of guys coming up big to stand a chance. No question that we will be expected to lose big but you never know, this isn't the first time the skins have been underdogs @ dallas.

This game is a total mismatch - but it's a Dallas Washington game and they never go as you might expect. We'll need turnovers and a lot of guys coming up big to stand a chance. No question that we will be expected to lose big but you never know, this isn't the first time the skins have been underdogs @ dallas.

This game always makes me nervous...yes, on paper, it's a total mismatch. But, as you said, these games never go as expected.

Hell, 1989...

This game is a total mismatch.

The only area where the Skins don't match up (totally) is their O-line vs our D-line IMO. I think our O-line is doing great in pass protection so far tho they need to do much better in run blocking. They got to JC once last year in Dallas.

Maybe I'm missing something, but where has it been mentioned that Taylor would not play as some are suggesting?

To me Jason Taylor is absoutley key in this game. If you don't think we need him then it might be painfully obvious come 4:15 Sunday afternoon. We somehow have to get pressure on Romo sits to pee or it's going to be a really long day. But, before doing that we have to make the Cowboys become somewhat one deminsional in there attack. If we allow Barber/Jones combo to get going then were going to get picked apart. I expect to see Blache dial up some blitzes early. My concern even if we don't sack Romo sits to pee is to allow him to throw the ball before he wants too, and also to hit him in the mouth a few times. If we sit back and rush 4 then I think Romo sits to pee will have a field day.

Edit: Thanks for the link. Wow

Jason Taylor was signed for games like this where we need a pass rush against Romo sits to pee and next week McNabb. So to say JT isn't important would be exaggeration. BUT Chris Wilson sacked Romo sits to pee twice last year and Andre' Carter is much stronger this year at the other end. He always seems to be in the QB's face causing a rushed throw,tipped ball, or a sack.

Greg Blanche will have to come up with a game plan to confuse Romo sits to pee and shut down Barber. I think we should attack this game. Blitz alot and double T.O with Springs and Landry. Start Horton and match him up with Witten. We've got to get pressure on Romo sits to pee

I always hate playing Dallass. No matter how bad they are, they beat us. No matter how good we are, they beat us. If both are bad, they beat us. If both are good, they beat us. Especially in Dallass.

You have all the angles covered. I feel your pain, but don't be so dishearten. This could be our year to turn it around in our favor. Zorn is a great play caller and is immune to the rivalry. This could be a plus for us.

Hang in there!

I hate going to Dallas.... Went there for the Thanksgiving Day game vs. the Bears a few years ago. Small stadium and very loud on the field. Distinct home field advantage.

The thing is... it's a rivalry game and anything goes! Skins have nothing to loose here. If you're expected to loose, it's more pressure on the one that is expected to win. No pressure here for the Skins. We can pull out all the stops and if we get burned trying some crazy stuff, I will not hold the play calling in question and call it 'Pulling Out The Stops!'

I just don't want to see a blow out or TO run around like he is a tough guy!

Landry needs to represent!

JT's a pass rusher. He's far more effective when you're up late in a game and forced to pass, or on obvious passing situations.

Last season, Taylor had the most number of his sacks in the 1st quarter, and all but one of his sack came in the first half of games. Apparently he was most effective last season while the game was still close.

Archived