Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How important is Jason Taylor this week?

fullnelson9999

I always hate playing Dallass. No matter how bad they are, they beat us. No matter how good we are, they beat us. If both are bad, they beat us. If both are good, they beat us. Especially in Dallass.

Since 2004 we have won 50% of the games vs. Dallas and if the refs had glasses, we would have won the Monday night game vs. them in 04. That being said, we lost both games in 04, won both games in 05, split in 06 and 07.

Their long run against us ended when Gibbs came back and hopefully will continue with the Z-man!

1 sack 3 games

dont get me wrong he has played well. However, at this point I will take my draft picks back.

he has gotten his hands on so many passes so far this season, i think i saw 2 or 3 batted balls yesterday in the 2nd half alone. he's also been in the qb's face a lot so far this year. the guys importance can't be measured in just sacks.

he has gotten his hands on so many passes so far this season, i think i saw 2 or 3 batted balls yesterday in the 2nd half alone. he's also been in the qb's face a lot so far this year. the guys importance can't be measured in just sacks.

I agree but I also feel like evans, wilson or jackson can do the same. While it is early, I think the dolphs have the edge on this transaction.

Importance of JT?

Yes and no.

Yes:

1. He is Jason Taylor, his reputation alone means that teams have to game plan for him, no matter where he lines up and adjust blocking schemes accordingly whether he's 100% or not and whether he still can play on the DPOY level or not.

2. NO JT hurts our other DL- maybe Griff or Carter gets a double or a single and a RB/TE chip. Even a dinged JT makes teams have to game plan for him and not as much other guys as you don't want single matchups (see NO game). Evans, James, Wilson and Jackson just don't strike fear into the hearts of OCs like a Jason Taylor.

3. Big Stars step up in big games. Dallas vs. Washington is a game I was expecting to see Taylor have a good game as he could chase down an elusive Romo sits to pee. Plus his brother in law now wears a star on his helmet, he should have the competitve jucies flowing on this one.

4. Blitzes- The Skins have been using more front four pressure and less blitzes to get pass rush..... with no Taylor we may have to compensate with more blitzes which will leave TO or Whitten or some other WR uncovered or in man.

No

1. Teams with bowling ball caliber RBs (Jacobs and Barber) will attack the edges and the Giants specifically attacked Taylor to gain yards. An advantage to this is that Evans is a decent contain/run-stuffer and this plan of attack may fail.

2. We're still looking at the future of our D-line and we'll get some answers on Sunday if any of the reserves have the potential to be starters on this team past 2010 (Taylor will be gone by then)....in particular Chris Wilson and E.James will be worth keeping an eye on.

3. Chris Wilson had a good outing vs. Dallas last season and may not be keyed on like Taylor.......could he or James be a secret weapon?

I think him being out will make a difference, it means Wilson, Evans, and James are all going to have to elevate their games to have a similar effect. I thought Jason was just starting to look comfortable and get into the flow. It will be interesting to see.....

It would be better to have him than not, but the Cowboys OL is huge, and he's not the biggest guy around...

Last year they mauled him.. moved him around easily.

I'd love it if he could be healthy and play, but I don't know how much difference it would make. we've got to scheme to get pressure.

~Bang

We can't be better without him, but frankly, he hasn't been healthy enough to be a force yet anyway. Demetric can play. And I suspect Erasmus and/or Rob Jackson to be ative for this game. Between them and Chris Wilson, we should have enough bodies to stay fresh and generate at least as much pass rush as we would have with Taylor.

Archived