Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Taylor is garbage, finished, cooked. Cerrato got taken by the Tuna.

Skins4ever1

EXACTLY...He isn't worth a 2nd round pick for sure. That's why no other team traded for him. You don't get all pro DE's for a 2nd round pick unless something is wrong with the guy.

Yep. He is no longer an all pro DE.

He is this year's version of Bruce Smith in Washington.

I don't care if his knee is a little banged up right now, he is finished. His legs look like tooth picks. He looked like garbage in preseason before he got hurt and still does. All you have to do is run right at him like I said before. Now we are out a second round pick. It's no surprise no other teams traded for him. I want my pick back.

damn..you are smart. should of hired you!

Were we watching the same game? Were you just pissed because he had zero sacks?

He is coming off a significant injury, it's a mricale he was even out there. You think Blache wouldn't pull him if he thought Evans wouldn't have done better?

I saw at least two plays where Jason did really good things in terms of his positioning and changing the offensive play scheme.

Cripes, can we give the guy more than a game before we bury him?

For all of those Jason Taylor haters.I have one question for all of you and please answer the question.How many sacks did JT have last year?Give me that answer and I will continue with my statement.

Well I guess I will answer my own question. He had 11 sacks and there are 16 games a year.So in other words that's less than one game.So I'm pretty sure one game doesn't make or break a hurt Jason Taylor.

Taylor was the least of the problems on that Defense. The middle of the line was a sieve, Rogers got abused like a rented mule and still never managed to rid himself of the dropsies.

Agreed.

Taylor: Showed some grit even though I think he did only play to keep the streak alive. There was a play where he almost got suckered into a screen pass but doubled back quickly on that knee and got in position to force Manning to put it on the ground. I was impressed not only at the pivot but the intellect he exercised. I also saw him take Brandon "Freight Train" Jacobs down a few times with authority. JT is strong for how thin he looks.

Rogers and the secondary: We are at a complete loss without Sean Taylor. :( Laron Landry has Taylor's heart but not his hit. He can do the things Sean did but he pays for it a lot more.

Smoot showed why he's a nickel man. He's not big enough to take on a starting WR in today's league. If you make him play every down, he wears out and gets dinged up.

Rogers cannot catch. Ever.

Doughty is mediocre. Sub-par even. (Sorry, H_H.)

Shaun Springs makes them all better. Funny but we only see his true value when he's not on the field.

Back to the point... Jason Taylor did okay for a guy who we thought was done for season at first. He shouldn't have started but I'm glad he played.

actually, i dont remember the last time dwight freeneey, umenyora, strahan, warren sapp, or mario williams went a game without at least one sack

that has to be sarcastic because Freeney, Sapp, and Strahan got under double digit sacks last year.

Agreed.

Taylor: Showed some grit even though I think he did only play to keep the streak alive. There was a play where he almost got suckered into a screen pass but doubled back quickly on that knee and got in position to force Manning to put it on the ground. I was impressed not only at the pivot but the intellect he exercised. I also saw him take Brandon "Freight Train" Jacobs down a few times with authority. JT is strong for how thin he looks.

Rogers and the secondary: We are at a complete loss without Sean Taylor. :( Laron Landry has Taylor's heart but not his hit. He can do the things Sean did but he pays for it a lot more.

Smoot showed why he's a nickel man. He's not big enough to take on a starting WR in today's league. If you make him play every down, he wears out and gets dinged up.

Rogers cannot catch. Ever.

Doughty is mediocre. Sub-par even. (Sorry, H_H.)

Shaun Springs makes them all better. Funny but we only see his true value when he's not on the field.

Back to the point... Jason Taylor did okay for a guy who we thought was done for season at first. He shouldn't have started but I'm glad he played.

I have to agree with most all of this, especially the part about ST. Man, we need to get LL some help, or at least somebody that can catch an interception (smoots not with standing). But somebody that puts fear in the oppositions wide recievers.

Too early to say and the guy is not close to 100% with a knee. I give him props for being out there..I know it's his job but to tough it out and have a bad knee at that position. Granted he was getting rolled over on that side, he did do some nice things. Dropping into coverage diagnosing a screen play breaking from his pass rush, a few tackles..slung down Jacobs with an arm tackle at one point. He'll get in a groove as his health improves.

He may not be as good as his former self but still a lot better than what we had. It took Andre Carter a little while to get going too in our D.

I agree while LL is great... no he isn't even close to a ST..but then again, no one is. Laron has to play smarter, he's still an outstanding talent though. Reed should not be a starter in the NFL. He is almost always a day late and a dollar short. We need Shawn Springs back badly.

he was playing for his consecutive games played streak.

What BS. :doh:

He was playing because he loves to play. If it was about the streak, he could have taken himself out in the first qtr.

If he hadnt played, yall would have called him a dance with the stars sissy, and that he had no love for the game. I swear some of you dont have a clue as to what its like to be an athlete.

What BS. :doh:

He was playing because he loves to play. If it was about the streak, he could have taken himself out in the first qtr.

If he hadnt played, yall would have called him a dance with the stars sissy, and that he had no love for the game. I swear some of you dont have a clue as to what its like to be an athlete.

yeah because everyones calling out Springs right now for not playing...

I cant shake this feeling that he is not hungry. He had a KILL SHOT on Eli on his TD run...he had ****ing ELI running away from him and then cutting back towards him.

I dont know if its cause he is such a gentleman or honorable or what. But when you have the opposing team's starting QB in a Kill Shot as he lays out to run for a TD you ****ing pull the god damn trigger or dont be on the field.

I hope its got more to do with the knee than the Dancing with the ****ing Stars Career Choice. He is getting a LOT of money. No matter how he plays. Please prove me wrong JT.

By the way I just fell out of my chair with the Bunny Pancake.

Too early to say and the guy is not close to 100% with a knee. I give him props for being out there..I know it's his job but to tough it out and have a bad knee at that position. Granted he was getting rolled over on that side, he did do some nice things. Dropping into coverage diagnosing a screen play breaking from his pass rush, a few tackles..slung down Jacobs with an arm tackle at one point. He'll get in a groove as his health improves.

He may not be as good as his former self but still a lot better than what we had. It took Andre Carter a little while to get going too in our D.

I agree while LL is great... no he isn't even close to a ST..but then again, no one is. Laron has to play smarter, he's still an outstanding talent though. Reed should not be a starter in the NFL. He is almost always a day late and a dollar short. We need Shawn Springs back badly.

QFT LL should be moved back to SS so he can play aggressive run support. its a waste of talent to have him sitting back 25 yards away from the ball waiting on a toss up

Archived