Extremeskins

Sportscenter: Antwan Randle-El: Broken bone in hand

NAC386

What should the campaigns do?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What should the campaigns do?

• Full Steam Ahead, move ahead as planned
    • Postpone the RNC
    • Postpone the RNC and put a moratorium on campaigning until the dust settles
    • Use the events of Gustav as a political tool

They just said on sportscenter that Randle-El has a broken bone in his hand and will wear a protective brace on his hand during the game on Thursday.

The fact that he is playing is great news because I'm assuming it means he can still catch.

I know somebody mentioned this yesterday but we were unable to confirm it so I thought I'd update.

Oh great our number 2 has a broken hand... please dont think that this means business as usual. A cast or brace if going to affect his game if in no other way, mentally. A problem with small receivers is that they get hurt a lot, and in the west coast dink offense, they are going to take some shots. Hopefully Zorn opens the year with a pump fake dink and goes deep to keep defenses honest from play 1.

I was wondering the same thing, but if it's just a small bone or carpal he won't need surgery. At least, that's how things have been in the past when a player has an injury like that.

I know Thomas has not shown much so far, but the kid really is a beast and I think he will be performing well sooner rather than later. I'm not saying he will have 1,000 yards this season, but I think he can have 25-30 catches on slants and short routes. I mean, he had 79 catches his last year of college so the kid obviously can catch, we just need to get him caught up with route running so he will be in position to make plays.

Yea I don't think it will be that big of a deal, but it will definitely be a "deal' if that makes sense. I think he won't be 100%, more like 85%.

Of course that's arbitrary, and I just made it up, but I have had hand injuries and that's about how I would have felt if I had to go play receiver.

I think we should resign Mix immediately. He's just...so tall.

I am not sure why anyone has any trust in our WRs. Moss hasn't done **** in 3 years and always has an excuse every year meanwhile we overpaid Randel EL to be an overhyped returner and slot receiver. The ****ing of WR stems from the signing of David Patten. We were rumored to be in the running for Plax but instead we signed Patten. What a joke that was

I am not sure why anyone has any trust in our WRs. Moss hasn't done **** in 3 years and always has an excuse every year meanwhile we overpaid Randel EL to be an overhyped returner and slot receiver. The ****ing of WR stems from the signing of David Patten. We were rumored to be in the running for Plax but instead we signed Patten. What a joke that was

Do we have to sign every big name player at every position?

I totaly disagree with everything you said. Our WR's proved they can get the job done when they had experience back there and someone to open up the passing game . I guarantee you other defenses doesn't look at our WR core like you do.

Plax would have cost way more, plus he has always been injury prone his WHOLE career. Could you imagine how fans would react to him on this board with the amount of injuries he has had in pittsburg and ny? He didn't even practice last year, that wouldn't fly with Joe Gibbs and you'd be calling for his head.

I do agree that Moss hasn't showed up the last few seasons. He had a great year in 2005 and that's about it. He has the potential to be great, but lets face it; part of being great is being consistent; which he is not. Atleast not at this point. Moss is getting up there in age, not saying he's old, but he'll be 30 in a year or so. And his paycheck right now is a little oversaturated for the performance we get from him.

Patten came dirt cheap, and would've been a good value if not for injuries - look at how he came back in N.O.

Campbell simply has no chemistry with Moss. He can't throw quickly enough to make the WR screen effective, and never throws on target to Moss downfield. As a result, Moss has been limited to a handful of 5 to 10 yard dumps.

We didn't have the cap space for Plax, though we might've been able to finagle it if we'd gotten Coles to relinquish some of his signing bonus in exchange for being released, rather than hold onto him to force the trade for Moss.

Randle-El is not our best WR, but he is effectively our #1 as long as JC is QB. Him being hurt is not good at all.

Moss has been used as a traditional number 1 for 3 years. He is as good as ever its just that we have been trying to make him something that he is not; an Art Monk. Zorn said he would like to get the ball downfield to Moss more this year. So there is hope. His downfield adjustments on the deep ball is one of his strengths. His other is speed. We have not utilitized either the past 3 years; not even as a PR in big playoff games when our offense is struggling.

ARE like Moss appears to be injury prone. These guys are not built to be the main cogs in a passing game. They are both traditional 2's or 3's. ARE with a brace does not bode well for us.

I totaly disagree with everything you said. Our WR's proved they can get the job done when they had experience back there and someone to open up the passing game . I guarantee you other defenses doesn't look at our WR core like you do.

our WR's have proven they can get the job done when on the field. unfortunately the little nagging injuries are starting to affect them as well. Moss has only had 1 relatively healthy season, and behind the starters we have Thomas who hasn't shown anything thus far, and Kelly who happens to be hurt himself

i don't think our wr's are causing defensive coordinators that much stress

Archived