Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm sorry but this is a superbowlish team

Skins4ever1

Let me guess he looked good against backups, right?

which is more than we can say for thomas or kelly.

actually, they weren't even backups. it was the third string/cut/practice squad group that thomas looked completely lost against.

Zoony, you CANNOT call Kelly and Thomas busts when they have not play ONE game that counts. Yea they have had a bad camp with injuries and no production but **** pre season and throw out the stats. Cerrato said that when he drafted TO, in his rookie camp, he couldnt catch anything and they almost put him on PS, but kept him and he turned out pretty good.

I...I don't know where to start with you.

You say nothing about the Eagles secondary despite the fact they could arguably have the best if not second best in the division. Similarly, they have a pair of 10+ sack people as their DE's but you say ours are vastly superior based on....? What exactly? You call Westbrook over rated then seek to put Portis as the best back in the division? You rant about Kelly and Thomas not being called a bust, despite one not playing in preseason and one playing horribly...but you rail against DeSean Jackson and give him absolutely no credit despite the fact he's done great this preseason. You give the nod to Campbell simply based off his arm strength, while ignoring every other thing that makes up a QB. Your comments about McNabb are laughable and he's shown previously that, when healthy, he's a top 10 QB in the league.

I second the person that said we found Larry Michael's screen name.

What's most laughable is the fact you started your post with "Lets be real". That gives the impression you're going to give a neutral, well reasoned, fair analysis of the division akin to what Zoony did. Instead, you went full on homer saying we're apparently the best at EVERYTHING in the division save for the WR, which just doesn't really bare to reality or history.

6-10 is my prediction as well. Prior to the Carolina game I was thinking 10-6 or 9-7, I admit it. But good teams don't get bent over the way we did against Carolina. That was an epic ass-kicking, and should have been a wake up call to the fanbase.

And I'm tired of hearing about how it's just preseason and doesn't matter. Bull****- and everyone not wearing B&G glasses knows it.

Last years loss to the Patriots was pretty similar and we still made the playoffs. If the Carolina and Jacksonville games mean anything its that we're still as inconsistent as we were under Gibbs and that its pretty much impossible to predict how well we'll do over any given stretch.

I'd also say that its way too soon to call either Thomas or Kelly busts (unless you happen to know them personally and have insight into their mindset). If Thomas is fated to be another Troy Williamson we will know by early next season and Kelly will be pretty easy to figure out based on his ability to stay healthy.

6-10 is my prediction as well. Prior to the Carolina game I was thinking 10-6 or 9-7, I admit it. But good teams don't get bent over the way we did against Carolina. That was an epic ass-kicking, and should have been a wake up call to the fanbase.

And I'm tired of hearing about how it's just preseason and doesn't matter. Bull****- and everyone not wearing B&G glasses knows it.

Exactly! I was thinking we would go 9-7 and squeek into the playoffs again. After the Carolina game..........whoa Nelly! The team was just flat and we have to play some top defenses in the league this year. I handed my B&G glasses to my wife at halftime during the Carolina game and told her to burn them.

6-10 would be an accomplishment this year. Again, I hope they prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

a guy walks into a bar and there's a cow tending bar.

the cow looks at the guy and says "whats the matter, surprised to see me here?"

the guy says "yah, did the horse sell the place?"

:puke:That was horrible.

Theres really nothin else to be said about the team until Thursday night. All this bickering about preseason play means absolutely nothing. The blowout against the Panthers will go out the window if we beat the Gay men.

Theres really nothin else to be said about the team until Thursday night. All this bickering about preseason play means absolutely nothing. The blowout against the Panthers will go out the window if we beat the Gay men.

Ok, so our starters vs. the Panthers starters for 2 quarters of play mean nothing? hello.......they out scored us 34-0 at the ****ing half.

If you even say that we quit playing defense after Taylor got hurt (and it looked like we did) then I am going to scream.

Our offense is flat and don't even toss in the "Vanilla reference" if you do I'm officially pulling your man card.

Let's clean that up a bit, shall we?

QB

McNabb- finally back 100% healthy, which puts him back as the best QB in the NFC East

Romo sits to pee-would still be good even without TO.

Eli-would be considerably less dangerous without Plaxico, but still would be a good QB

Campbell- has one of the worst w-l records in entire NFL among starting QBs. Has shown absolutely no consistency or ability in clutch situations. Still gets a free pass from Redskins fans because he's a 1st round pick.

Offensive line

Giants

Skins

Cowboys

Eagles

Wide Receivers

Cowboys- TO factor

Giants- Plax and then young talent.

Skins- Moss , EL , Thomas and Kelly are busts. 2nd worst corps in the East

Eagles- pathetic

RB

Skins- Portis, Betts

Eagles- Westbrook is best in Division, but edge to skins b/c of better depth

Cowboys- Barber unproven as featured back, but dangerous. Jones unproven, looks like he sucks so far though :)

Giants- :jerk:

D-line

4 way tie imo with the injury to Osi, otherwise Giants are 1

Game, set and match....Zoony. And refreshing to see some honesty on this site.

The only think I would disagree with is the offensive line assessment. You have us ranked too high.

It is also nice to see someone recognize that a great running back doesn't necessarily translate to wins. We don't need the best rb in the league. We need the best team in the league. We can accomplish that with an average, or slightly above average rb.

Lets be real here for a minute. The super bowl rep for the NFC is coming out of the NFC east. Lets look at this from a realistic angle. Lets break down the positions. Here is my rankings.

QB

Campbell- best arm in the division

Romo sits to pee-would be nothing without TO

Eli-would be nothing without Plax

McNabb- he is too old to play

Offensive line

Skins

Giants

Cowboys

Eagles

Wide Receivers

Cowboys- TO factor

Skins- Moss , EL , Thomas and Kelly are NASTY

Giants- Plax and then who?

Eagles- pathetic

RB

Skins- Portis, Betts enough said

Giants-

Cowboys

Eagles- Westbrook is ok but overrated

D-line

Skins- Taylor and Carter enough said

Giants- not as good now

Cowboys-Ware is a player

Eagles- who do they have on their line that is good?

LBRs

Skins- Fletcher, Washington McCintosh enough said

Cowboys

Giants

Eagles- who are those guys again? exactly

Secondary

Skins- Landry, Springs, Smoot, Rogers exactly

Cowboys- loaded

Giants- pretty good

Eagles

When I break it down I see a super bowl caliber team.

I agree but, we have been saying this every off season for years....

qft

I am so ready for the end of speculation. And that's all it is speculation.

Now is the perfect time to not lean too far in either direction and just wait and see.

we may be fielding the best defense in the division this year....pressure up front combined with a great secondary

great secondary? rogers coming off injusry, landry is being counted on to come in from being out all pre season from an injury. the up front pressure may help hide some of the problems in the secondary... we shall see if that is what happens

i can honestly say I've never heard the term "superbowlish team' until tonight.

i dont agree with this guys points, this team will be lucky to get 7 wins. QB is weak, OL is overrated, as usual RB is strong, WR isn't what it should be, DL is questionable, they still cant get pressure up the middle, LB is a bit above average and the secondary isnt great either. special teams isnt eactly the best, im not sold on SS kicking. i threw special teams in since a "superbowlish" team cant go anywhere without great special teams.

Let's clean that up a bit, shall we?

QB

McNabb- finally back 100% healthy, which puts him back as the best QB in the NFC East

Romo sits to pee-would still be good even without TO.

Eli-would be considerably less dangerous without Plaxico, but still would be a good QB

Campbell- has one of the worst w-l records in entire NFL among starting QBs. Has shown absolutely no consistency or ability in clutch situations. Still gets a free pass from Redskins fans because he's a 1st round pick.

Offensive line

Giants

Skins

Cowboys

Eagles

Wide Receivers

Cowboys- TO factor

Giants- Plax and then young talent.

Skins- Moss , EL , Thomas and Kelly are busts. 2nd worst corps in the East

Eagles- pathetic

RB

Skins- Portis, Betts

Eagles- Westbrook is best in Division, but edge to skins b/c of better depth

Cowboys- Barber unproven as featured back, but dangerous. Jones unproven, looks like he sucks so far though :)

Giants- :jerk:

D-line

4 way tie imo with the injury to Osi, otherwise Giants are 1

Do you really believe the Giants RB's are the worst in the division? Last year the Giants not only had the best rushing attack in the division they were 4th in the league. With everyone returning healthy to start the year they easily have the best rushing attack in the division.

Do you really believe the Giants RB's are the worst in the division? Last year the Giants not only had the best rushing attack in the division they were 4th in the league. With everyone returning healthy to start the year they easily have the best rushing attack in the division.

No. No they don't. lol.

Archived