Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sportinglife - REDSKINS DUO UNCERTAIN FOR OPENER

HapHaszard

http://www.sportinglife.com/nfl/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=American_Football/08/08/29/GRIDIRON_USA-Washington.html

The Washington Redskins may not have defensive end Jason Taylor or safety LaRon Landry - two of their top defensive players - in the line-up for next Thursday's season opener against the New York Giants.

Taylor, who is nursing a sprained right knee, claimed earlier this week that he is a quick healer and that he wants to play against the defending Super Bowl champions.

But Redskins first-year head coach Jim Zorn was not as optimistic regarding the six-time Pro Bowler's chances of returning to the field.

"If he doesn't progress well and he doesn't practice this week, I will probably hold him out and let him have one week," Zorn said on Friday.

"In these next three or four days, we will get a much better feel. If he doesn't practice, I am not going to throw him out there on (Thursday)."

Landry has been hampered by a hamstring injury that forced him to miss Washington's pre-season finale against Jacksonville on Thursday night.

Click on the link above for the rest of the article

];5468321']Our (arguably) 2 best players will be missing on offense. On national television' date=' against a divisional rival, in their house, after they come off a SB triumph.

I'm just sayin', we could have really used those two.[/quote']

you sure about that?

even then Landry has been practicing lately.

I'm rather sure as long as landry practices,he'll play.

Taylor however I'm not so sure on.

The title of this article is misleading. Reading the whole article, theres no doubt that Laron will be playing in the opener. He was fully practicing with the team even before the Jags game. Jason Taylor on the other hand, I rather he miss one game then to not have him for the other 15. Dont rush him back.

i dunno guys, i think we need taylor back more than landry. if he can return to his old form and get pressure consistently with carter on the other side, they can make our secondary look good, no matter how banged up. id rather have both of them back though.

were screwed :doh:

i dunno guys, i think we need taylor back more than landry. if he can return to his old form and get pressure consistently with carter on the other side, they can make our secondary look good, no matter how banged up. id rather have both of them back though.

were screwed :doh:

you know, there is life after sean taylor...

:runs and hides:

Laundry is fine!!!! I repeat... LAUNDRY IS FINE!!! HE WILL PLAY.

They said previously that he had an MRI and it still revealed a little damage....That was 2 1/2 weeks ago. They held him out another 2 weeks before they allowed him to practice and he came back to say he was 93%! LOL! He laughed about the number and said he was fine!!!

It's Taylor who is questionable. That guy heals real fast and has a streak on the line... he will probably take a shot and get on the field.

They will both play!

I honestly dont like the blatant honesty by Zorn.

I've got a feeling that Zorn isn't being as "honest" as he's being motivating. I think he's saying things to get players to try harder in practice. A few comments of his lead me to this conclusion:

- his calling the rookie WRs out of shape

- his saying the line played 'soft'

- his talk of Jansen's play

- his talk of Taylor

- his criticism of his QBs

I have more examples, but I have a feeling that this isn't brutal honesty as much as its saying things to motivate the players.

Laundry is fine!!!! I repeat... LAUNDRY IS FINE!!! HE WILL PLAY.

They said previously that he had an MRI and it still revealed a little damage....That was 2 1/2 weeks ago. They held him out another 2 weeks before they allowed him to practice and he came back to say he was 93%! LOL! He laughed about the number and said he was fine!!!

It's Taylor who is questionable. That guy heals real fast and has a streak on the line... he will probably take a shot and get on the field.

They will both play!

Who the hell in LAUNDRY? Is there a new nickname I missed? Hope not, that one's not cool.

Landry is more important than Taylor, IMHO. His presence is similar to what Shawn Springs was 2 years ago: when he's on the field the D is better than the sum of the inidividual parts. I don't know why, it just is.

I'm looking forward to Erasmus getting some playing time this year. We might see some of that former first round pick talent.

Archived