Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brooks vs Frost

tonyriggins

He already has better numbers than the veteran Frost, who has shown no improvement...How can you say Frost has room for improvement when he has shown none?

But.... but... but.... Frost is a known commodity. We KNOW he shanks punts at times when we can least afford it. We know exactly what to expect from him. This Brooks kid could completely catch us off guard by launching a 65+ yard punt from the end zone with no return. We can't have that. Some fans must actually be happy.

But apparently tackling is...
Along with holding and kicking off.

Tell me, why do you think he is still here? Brooks seems obviously so very much better to almost everyone posting here. Why do you think Zorn, Danny Smith, Madden, BMitch, and many others disagree with you if it is such an open and shut case? Do you think we don't have other positions that could have used the roster spot if Frost was history? Why do you think they are dragging this out?

Good punters don't need to tackle because they have hangtime. Suisham kicks off so I don't get how that's even an issue.

I dunno if it's been mentioned here or not, but if it has it bears repeating.

Durant Brooks had 13 punts for a net average of 34.5 with 68 return yards

Frost had a net average of 15 punts for a net average of 32.3 and 179 return yards

Those return yards are significant. It tells me that Frost outkicks his coverage while Brooks gets some hangtime in his and allows his guys to get to the return man. That's what you want from your punter.

Since we were focusing on directional punts last night, something that Frost is known to do well, I assume that Brooks was indeed the favorite going into the game last night.

Guys, "turbodiesel" is obviously just playing around. Either he's having a bad week or he thinks this thread is hilarious. Seriously, how could it be possible that someone could truly have a mancrush on DERRICK FROST? I mean, nothing against him personally, but is there a less likely focus of adoration? I'd love to see a list.

Enter all posters from the Brooks corner to say, "thank you!," "I told you so," or "Good luck shanking them somewhere else Frosty..."

:)

I just don't see Frost having a chance to shank punts for another team...he already hit the FA market and no team touched him then, and no team is going to touch him now.

Tell me, why do you think he is still here? Brooks seems obviously so very much better to almost everyone posting here. Why do you think Zorn, Danny Smith, Madden, BMitch, and many others disagree with you if it is such an open and shut case? Do you think we don't have other positions that could have used the roster spot if Frost was history? Why do you think they are dragging this out?

He's not. Buh-bye Frostie. Shank you very much.

But I'll answer your question with a question. Why was Derek Devine still here?

Good punters don't need to tackle because they have hangtime. Suisham kicks off so I don't get how that's even an issue.

I dunno if it's been mentioned here or not, but if it has it bears repeating.

Durant Brooks had 13 punts for a net average of 34.5 with 68 return yards

Frost had a net average of 15 punts for a net average of 32.3 and 179 return yards

Those return yards are significant. It tells me that Frost outkicks his coverage while Brooks gets some hangtime in his and allows his guys to get to the return man. That's what you want from your punter.

Since we were focusing on directional punts last night, something that Frost is known to do well, I assume that Brooks was indeed the favorite going into the game last night.

Great research on that point, When I was able to watch the games It looked like Frost was kicking further but seemed to out kick the coverage. In addition to that have Colt hold for the Field Goals

Guys, "turbodiesel" is obviously just playing around. Either he's having a bad week or he thinks this thread is hilarious. Seriously, how could it be possible that someone could truly have a mancrush on DERRICK FROST? I mean, nothing against him personally, but is there a less likely focus of adoration? I'd love to see a list.

In turbodiesel's defense, I don't think it's a mancrush on Frost (even though I called it that in one my posts I believe). I think he just doesn't agree that we should have used a draft pick on a punter with other needs on the roster. I disagree with him but I understand his stance. I think because of that he is blind to Frost's faults which are considerable.

Superfluous would describe that ability better.

LOL, ain't that the truth. All things equal yes it's better to have a punter who can tackle but there are quite a few things ahead of it on the importance totem pole and Frost didn't have any of those.

John Hall was 6'3 and 240 and made tackles on special teams.

Does anyone really advocate keeping a guy because he can tackle and releasing a kicker/punter with greater ability to execute the kick? :)

There is one, but he's surprisingly absent from this thread.

Of the 22 cuts, Frost made my day. I was hoping the Skins would not get sucked into getting that guy around for another term. God, I'm one happy guy today because the Skins had enough large cylinders to cut the shank man.

Goodbye chilly Frostee and shanks a lot.

Along with holding and kicking off.

Do I think there are other positions that could use the spot? Well, given that 22 cuts must be made to get this time down to a season roster... NO.. I don't.

It's funny how you argue why keep him around? Why is the competition dragging out? Yet you ignore the obvious... Why did the Skins feel compelled to use a draft pick at all? We know that you are against this move, but at the end of the day, that is not what this discussion is about. The question is... Who would be a better punter for the Redskins?

And to answer your question about why they are dragging this out, let me use an analogy.

You've been dating a girl for a couple years. You've caught her cheating on you a couple of times and you were ready to dump her and start dating the nice girl you met at the company party. But she begged you for forgiveness and blew you away (literally) for the next couple weeks. Everything was blissful for a couple of weeks and the girl at work got tired of you avoiding her and moved on. No sooner is she gone, and your girlfriend is back to her old tricks. You are miserable being with her, but long hours at the office have kept you from being able to go out and meet new people. Eventually you do meet another nice girl. Once again your girlfriend begs forgiveness and shows you again why you fell for her the first time. At first you resist, but eventually her feminine charms win you over again. Yet another girl enters and quickly exits your life. Shortly after... there she goes again. This time you are so angry, you actively look for a new woman. Your friend hooks you up with his incredibly beautiful but seemingly conservative cousin. Your girlfriend once again starts playing the good girlfriend card. Your mind is torn back and forth. You've been burnt by this girl several times over now, but her "talents" are great... for the two weeks they last. You go over and over it in your head. This new girl looks like she has so much potential, but maybe this time your girlfriend is serious about being faithful and loving. Every time you convince yourself that you've made a decision, you think of something else and start the cycle all over again. Eventually the other girl calls you and says... "Look, I really like you and would love to go out again. But, you seem like maybe you're not ready for that." You realize that this is your last window. So you reply...

A) I'm sorry, I'm getting back together with my girlfriend. I had a great time, but I can't see you any more.

B) I'm sorry I've been neglecting you. I had a great time, and I'd love to go out again. How does Friday sound?

Both answers come with risk. Will the new girl work out? Has the girlfriend really change her ways?

I think the decision came down to the last minute because of this same type of dilemma. Try out the new guy with so much potential but is an unknown commodity. Or keep the guy you have. He's wonderful when defending his job, but fizzles out the moment his job isn't at risk. But maybe this time he's turned it around... Or maybe enough is enough...

HAHAHAHA. So glad that Frost is completely gone!

Makes me feel even better when I hear him whine and cry. From the Sorcerer's blog:

""I feel like I was dealt with dishonestly," Frost said. "I want to thank Danny Smith for the three years he gave me here, and I feel like he always treated me well, and I will continue to think that. But I think we all know who made the decision, and when you've got a draft that isn't starting to look so good, you're going to do whatever you can to make it look as good as possible."

"I was given no explanation by anyone," Frost said. "They kept trying to tell me that it was close, that it was close and that it was an open competition, but I don't feel that was really the case."

"

Good riddance. Most inconsistent punter in the past three years (imo) and cries about it b/c he did decently in one game during the PREseason.

/Bye!

HAHAHAHA. So glad that Frost is completely gone!

Makes me feel even better when I hear him whine and cry. From the Sorcerer's blog:

""I feel like I was dealt with dishonestly," Frost said. "I want to thank Danny Smith for the three years he gave me here, and I feel like he always treated me well, and I will continue to think that. But I think we all know who made the decision, and when you've got a draft that isn't starting to look so good, you're going to do whatever you can to make it look as good as possible."

"I was given no explanation by anyone," Frost said. "They kept trying to tell me that it was close, that it was close and that it was an open competition, but I don't feel that was really the case."

"

Good riddance. Most inconsistent punter in the past three years (imo) and cries about it b/c he did decently in one game during the PREseason.

/Bye!

Yeah, let's see...Maybe the guy who finished 28th (out of 32 teams) in the NFL in punting last year felt that he should have no competition because he's one of the best punters...WRONG.

Derrick Frost was one of our weaknesses. I'm glad he's being replaced by a guy with great ability and the potential to become one of the best, Durant Brooks.

Now, I have nothing against Frost. I hope he gets picked up by another team, but please, it was a competition that was needed because Frost never was consistent for us more than 2-3 games here and there. After 3 years, you need to see some improvement, which Frost never really showed. That said, I appreciated his intensity at getting after the returner and being more into the game than your typical punter. Best of luck to him, but he got beat out by the better guy.

Brooks will be one of our rookies that will perform well this season.

Archived