Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brooks vs Frost

tonyriggins

This punting battle has not gone like alot of fans wanted so far. Most are Brooks fan and have to be feeling uneasy about tonites punt off. Brooks was suppose to be alot better and alot of people had him in automatic but the underdog Frost is still standing. Some say Brooks dont have to outperform Frost to get the job, the coach has said best performance wins the job. Going into the game Frost has a slight edge. I think Frost wins. For the record who do you think will do the best tonight? and who do you think gets the job?

Of the two punts, I liked Brooks' more. He had so much hangtime he allowed the players to catch up to the ball. Frost got lucky with the forced fumble by (I want to say Davis) and the penalty.

I agree totally!!! I hope that Brooks makes the team. Look at his college stats vs. Frost. There is no comparison. I will be very disappointed if Brooks is cut because come the 3rd or 4th game we will be regreting it. Frost will be his old self. We all know what that means:(

As meaningless as some may think the battle for the punter position is, it will give us a clear indication if the philosophy of the FO has changed from years past. By keeping Brooks, they would be going with the best preseason performer and with the higher ceiling.

The fact alone that Derrick Frost was not cut this week, meaning that we have less competition at other thinner positions, says a lot about how serious the staff and FO are taking this battle. IMO.

The fact alone that Derrick Frost was not cut this week, meaning that we have less competition at other thinner positions, says a lot about how serious the staff and FO are taking this battle. IMO.

I'm hoping they're just trying to mess with Brooks' head, and it's not working. :fingersx:

yeah, frost put up a 61 yarder, but it got a 37 yard return...thats what 61 - 37 = 24 yards net. not too good of a punt.

Here's the battle so far:

Frost 50 yarder, with a 7 yard return for a 43 yard net.

Brooks 42 yarder with a 3 yard return for a 39 yard net.

Frost 61 yarder, with a 37 yard return for a 24 yard net.

Sure, Frost has long punts. Too bad they're about 20 feet off the ground, and give the returner space to run the ball down our throats.

Good riddance, Frost. Take Danny Smith and his crappy schemes with you.

Are you going to replace him?:silly:

yeah, frost put up a 61 yarder, but it got a 37 yard return...thats what 61 - 37 = 24 yards net. not too good of a punt.

What was the hangtime?

Archived