Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mason as Trade Bait?

SkinsAllDay34

Many have had the idea of keeping Mason and getting rid of Ladell, which I think is ridiculous. Ladell is a solid backup to Clinton and showed what he can do a couple years back while mason is showing up this preseason, but mainly against backups, you have to take that into account (same as Colt)

Now to my point, how bout we have mason make the squad and see what any team wants to offer for him. Maybe a pick in the mid to late rounds (more later) would be fine. At least we can try to get something for him.

Thoughts...what do you think we could get for him, if anything at all?

Nothing.

I've changed my mind about Mason - he is good enough to make somebody's team somewhere, but noone is giving up even a 7th for a guy who didn't get picked off the p.s. last year. There are other bubble players at RB around the league who won't survive cuts and will be available for needier teams to pick and choose.

Many have had the idea of keeping Mason and getting rid of Ladell, which I think is ridiculous. Ladell is a solid backup to Clinton and showed what he can do a couple years back while mason is showing up this preseason, but mainly against backups, you have to take that into account (same as Colt)

Now to my point, how bout we have mason make the squad and see what any team wants to offer for him. Maybe a pick in the mid to late rounds (more later) would be fine. At least we can try to get something for him.

Agree on not getting rid of Ladell.

I think trading mason is an option. I don't think we cut him.

are u crazy. betts fumbles every four games, and its always a big fumble.get rid of betts and let the youngster run.

While I agree with the Betts fumblitis, don't forget Mason's dropped kickoff return.

The kid has looked great in preseason, and I think he's got a good chance to make the team, but I picture him more as "future potential" than "now potential."

I think Mason could be the next Rock really...

Or maybe even the next Jesse Lumsden! I like Mason too, but the only position we are stacked at is RB. In another situation, he might make the team. I would like to see him more against starters though. Too bad our lines aren't overflowing like that.

Better just keep him for the future, because if we trade him we will get less in return

you're damn right to keep him for the future. you won't be able to trade him. No GM in their right mind would trade for an unproven preseason player. it will never happen.

Hold on to him b/c he's going to make us look stupid if we let him go. He can be an asset to this team in the future. Keep your talent, and get rid of the baggage. Who cares if we keep 4 tailbacks and 1 FB? I don't b/c I think all of those guys are valuable to this team in different ways.

Trade bait? No. They wouldn't get anything for him until he proved he could do what he did in the preseason against starting caliber players. We should keep him, play him on occasion, and then if he fairs well, trade him if the right offer is on the table. Otherwise, I see him as a guy that can help us next year or the year after. He'll certainly have value if we keep him on the 53. If not, he'll be gone Friday to another team...promise you that. :2cents:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Redskins would have to cut Mason and then there is a 5 day waiting period before he can get an offer to the practice squad. If we cut him, he's actually free for all. It would be better for him to make the 53 man roster and trade him when other teams lose their starting running back and is short a third. It would suck if Mason rocks, because I think he has some serious potential.

does shaun alexander have a job right now? pretty sure he doesn't. but people think we can get something for marcus mason??????? :wtf:

Good point.

Mason has no active duty in the regular season. Never played in a regular season game. Has played in pre-season after all of the other backs, but he is going to be trade bait?

He may very well be the 4th back, but will not be active unless another back is injured. I don't think anyone wants injuries to any player.

Archived