Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mason as Trade Bait?

SkinsAllDay34

unless a team had both RBs go down due to injury we wouldn't get anything. He hasn't proved anything against starters in a live game. Just my 2 cents!

Did Michael Turner really prove anything?? The Chargers got value for him...

:silly: sorry I just noticed this guy here was new!!

Teams know the Redskins are not going to keep 4 tailbacks, so nobody is going to trade for the unproven Mason when chances are they can get him for free in a few days :)

You can trade Betts but his value is higher to the Redskins than it will be in terms of the compensation you get in return. Betts is a legitimate #2 runner in case Portis gets hurt, a la 2006, and has the ability to be a contributor in the WCO as a pass receiver out of the backfield.

Many have had the idea of keeping Mason and getting rid of Ladell, which I think is ridiculous. Ladell is a solid backup to Clinton and showed what he can do a couple years back while mason is showing up this preseason, but mainly against backups, you have to take that into account (same as Colt)

Now to my point, how bout we have mason make the squad and see what any team wants to offer for him. Maybe a pick in the mid to late rounds (more later) would be fine. At least we can try to get something for him.

Thoughts...what do you think we could get for him, if anything at all?

If we can get an OL then go right ahead.

They need to let Marcus play in the first quarter against the Jaguars. He has some potential, just let him show it. I do like Rock though, he is a monster on special teams. Ladell Betts was drafted 5 picks behind Clinton Portis in the 2002 NFL Draft. So I say trade Betts to recoup some draft picks.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5937/career;_ylt=AkK65QkTQNw5uqcp5ijVmIv.uLYF

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5942

I guess I don't get it. The guy shows up and does a good job when he's asked. But he still ain't good enough to make the team? Would it be better if he sucked in preseason? Maybe then he would make the team!

From what I see I'd take him anyday over Rock. Looks like Mason has more heart.

Archived