Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike And Mike Two-A-Days

CrypticVillain

They said 8-8. I can't disagree with their logic. The said that the entire division is capable of making the playoffs. The Giants and the Cowboys were a lock. So it was a choice between the Eagles and the Skins. They chose the Eagles.

Can't say I disagree. Better QB. Probably a better defense.

both of them say 8-8 *pffft*

i hate these random record predictions

if u tally all them up for every team would they even match up? They arbitrarily throw 8-8 for those they don't know anything about, 9-7 for bad teams last year with hot players (see vikings) 10-6 for the philly's chargers, steelers of the world. 12-4 for colts, pats, and 14 if ur from dallas

Do these clowns predict the records of all MLB teams too?

So stupid

They said 8-8. I can't disagree with their logic. The said that the entire division is capable of making the playoffs. The Giants and the Cowboys were a lock. So it was a choice between the Eagles and the Skins. They chose the Eagles.

Giants a lock? I doubt it

if u tally all them up for every team would they even match up? They arbitrarily throw 8-8 for those they don't know anything about, 9-7 for bad teams last year with hot players (see vikings) 10-6 for the philly's chargers, steelers of the world. 12-4 for colts, pats, and 14 if ur from dallas

So stupid

Actually, close, they do have a segment in spring where they predict the division winners and playoffs and eventual World Series Champ but they stop just short of records. They might do an over/under.

All the shows and sports outlets have to do this for ratings. What I wish they would do is remind you of their predictions throughout the season because for the most part, they are usually wrong.

First question was basically Will Jim Zorn be good in his first year? Said they were surprised that he got the job. Then they said they don't know.

Second question was can JC be a Pro Bowl QB in the NFC. Golic named like 5 QB's that were better then him.

Third question was Do we have the best WR corp in the NFL? Said no and gave three teams Cardinals, Patriots, and Cowboys. Said TO and Crayton was better lol.

Fourth Question was is Jason Taylor now the best Defensive player in the NFC. Golic said no he can name 5 better.

Fifth question was what will our record be. Greeny said 8-8 and I thought he said Golic said 6-10. But Golic said 8-8 too. They said that they wouldn't be surprised if we won 11. But they said they have to put some team out because of the division we are in.

Some true, some ridiculous, but to me it was a pretty fair assessment.

The funny part is that they both pretty much said they have no idea what to expect from the Skins. Frankly, I have no idea either but I still don't understand why so many people are convinced that the Eagles will be that much better.

The only thing that I woudl say that was completely ridiculous is that Golic thinks that this offense is going to be based around the run. I think everything we've seen shows that it's going to be a pass to set up the run type of offense. It looked to me like he had not watched any of the pre-season games so far. And Greeny probably only watched the Jets game when they didn't look as good as they had in other games.

All in all, fair. If JC becomes an elite QB, that's when folks will give us the cred.

of the cowturds

both of them say 8-8 *pffft*

That's a good as it will get for us on espn considering they ALWAYS are :jerk: off the cowturds.

I wasn't surprised at most of what Mike and Mike said except about Jason Taylor not being probably top 5 best Defensive player in the NFC Complete bull**** had Satan(I mean Jerry Jones) signed him then it would have been Cowturds are the Superbowl champs ...:doh: forgot they already are :D.

I think Jason Campbell and the receivers ARE THE KEY to our success on the offense.Once LaRon Landry gets back and we get a pre season game under our belt with him at full speed.I'll be good to go.

GO SKINS:logo:

I don't know why anyone gets bent out of shape about these types of predictions. They are hosts of a sports show on the radio...it would almost be strange if they DIDN'T predict the upcoming sports season wouldn't it?

People should lighten up a bit...these guys, though not always informed and up-to-date on every single team, are just doing their jobs.

The funny part is that they both pretty much said they have no idea what to expect from the Skins. Frankly, I have no idea either but I still don't understand why so many people are convinced that the Eagles will be that much better.

That's easy... because the Eagles continuously play up to their talent level, whereby the Skins historically underachieve. Not only that, but you have McNabb & Reid, who are very proven, vs Campbell & Zorn, who are not.

The only thing that I woudl say that was completely ridiculous is that Golic thinks that this offense is going to be based around the run. I think everything we've seen shows that it's going to be a pass to set up the run type of offense. It looked to me like he had not watched any of the pre-season games so far. And Greeny probably only watched the Jets game when they didn't look as good as they had in other games.

All in all, fair. If JC becomes an elite QB, that's when folks will give us the cred.

We don't really have anything to prove with the run game in the preseason, so I don't think the many passes mean that much. We have to get comfortable there primarily because the run game will stay the same.

They were Fair in everything they said, I thought it would be another bashing but greeny even said he wouldn't be surprised if the skins go 11-5.

8-8 by both but they continually said its because the east is hard and they don't know how campbell of Zorn will do with the new offense.

5 GOOD QUESTIONS ABOUT THE REDSKINS (recap):

(1) Q: Is Jim Zorn ready to be a head coach? A: We don’t know the answer to that question. Of all the names that were put out there for the head coaching job, his was a surprise. But the way it’s been going the last few years in the NFL it’s been young coordinators who’ve been getting these jobs. Bottom line: Portis won’t play much in the preseason and since this team is built around the run, we don’t know yet.

(2) Does Jason Campbell have the potential to be a pro bowler? That’s a big question. Jason was 6 and 7 last year. The team got hot when he got hurt; that’s not a coincidence. No way is he in the top 5 at the quarterback position compared to other NFC quarterbacks. This team will still be a running team first.

(3) Do the Redskins have the best receiving corps in the NFL? With the addition of Thomas and Kelly, the team has a deep receiving corps now. When Moss is healthy he’s a home run hitter. But there’s no way they’re the best, especially compared to other NFC receiving corps.

(4) Is Jason Taylor the best defensive player in the NFC? No, that’s Jared Allen. DeMarcus Ware and Patrick Willis are also better. Taylor probably isn’t even one of the top 5 defensive ends. He’s a good rushing end at the end of his career.

(5) What will the team’s record be? Greenberg: 8-8. All 4 teams in the division can’t be over .500 and the Redskins will lose too many division games (although the Giants games can go either way). They will be a good team but will miss the playoffs. Golic: 8-8, which is better than the original prediction of 6-10. The Redskins will lose the Cincinnati game and lots of division games, but still there are winnable games. The defense is good but the division is too competitive for the Redskins to make the playoffs.

Final thoughts: This is a tough team to consider. Golic says the Redskins could pull off 11 wins and he wouldn’t be shocked but you just don’t know. Greenberg and Golic agree that the team has potential.

If you want to download the two-a-day, go to espnradio.com and sign up to be an insider. (No, I don’t work for ESPN.)

So stupid

This is something I feel I can agree with. I don't feel that there is any real science behind the specific numbers they give. It's more like they have a power ranking in their head and they divide it into groups giving a certain win total to whoever is in the group.

That's easy... because the Eagles continuously play up to their talent level, whereby the Skins historically underachieve. Not only that, but you have McNabb & Reid, who are very proven, vs Campbell & Zorn, who are not.

You mean except for 2 of the last 3 years, right?

Archived