Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT: Portis will play on Saturday

THUNDERDOME

Well, at least that's one stupid argument about CP that'll be put to rest. One down, several hundred to go.

The offensive line actually played pretty well in the run game on Sunday, so hopefully they keep it up.

I believe this is will be Mason's showcase, so I'm thinking he'll make the most of it. He should be on this team come September 4th, and hopefully no injuries force him back on the PS. If it does, he's outta here.

Stay healthy, CP!

Kind of suprised by this.

Zorn has said that the 4th preseason game(@ Carolina) is when he expects the starters to get the most work.

Figured CP would get his reps then and be done for the rest of the preseason.

But hey, nothing wrong with getting him in there for a series. If nothing else, he can finally hit somebody that isn't on his own team. :)

As long as he doesn't throw his shoulder into the guy and seperate it. :doh:

Considering Cartwright and Betts are both likey to miss the game, and Mason is the only other running back on our roster, we probably cant afford to sit portis. he's got to play atleast some.

In addition, i'd rather have portis get reps against the bills at home than on the road against the panthers or jets.

Anyone think Portis will try and make a tackle if Campbell throw an interception....:laugh:

I remember that Cincy game like it was yesterday. It started out great with Lloyd stretching out to catch that pass and I am all hyped up like hell yea Lloyd is gonna be awesome for us, and them bam Portis levels the dude and doesnt get up. I just had a bad feeling about the season after that.

With Rock likely out, I'm guessing he'll get at least one or two series with 5 carries tops. Betts will step in for a bit and Mason will likely get the rest.

I like it. Give the home fans something for their money and Clinton gets to hear the cheers again. Sounds like a win-win to me.

I like it. A few reps and that's it. He needs to develop timing with the o-line. Speaking of the o-line, I hope they open up more holes than they did last week. :doh:

Umm... I thought the line did rather well in run blocking last week. I think at half time, we were averaging over 6 yards a carry. Later in the game we weren't getting as strong of runs.

Archived