Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I know you're going to overreact tonight, still, read why preseason is "meaningless"

Mister Happy

Some of us have already pronounced the season over and did so before training camp even started; so those people who pronounce it over tonight are actually LATE to the party.

You're definitely a trailblazer.

Some may say you're the Lewis and Clark of Chicken Littles.

You're definitely a trailblazer.

Some may say you're the Lewis and Clark of Chicken Littles.

Nah. I prefer Leif Ericksson, personally. Besides it doesn't take all that much trailblazing to see that this season is headed towards a cliff very quickly. I'm just trying to save some of the lemmings who are chasing the bandwagon and liable to go right over the cliff with the team.

Some of us have already pronounced the season over and did so before training camp even started; so those people who pronounce it over tonight are actually LATE to the party.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Meaningless is probably the wrong word to use about preseason. In fact nothing could be further from the truth.

The 3rd and 4th quarter is made up entirely of players fighting for their football lives. I doubt they'd call it meaningless.

The 1st quarter, for as long as the coaches like, the starters are playing on the field together. The way they perform is very important. When Gibbs first came to town I noted that the starting offense looked like crap... that carried over into the season.

The OUTCOME of the game is meaningless. However there is a great deal of meaning and impact to be seen in every preseason game. The least important being the last one.

In case YOU were unaware, it is also still a football game. They played football. We saw some people play football against other people.

While it may not be easy to tell if a 5-8 for 52 yards performance is any good in preseason, I think 19-21 for 216 yards, 3 TDs and 0 turnovers is very impressive. Its not overreacting to a preseason game, its called not being blind. I certainly remember the past years of us saying "oh preseason doesnt show anything" and then finding out that our defense did in fact suck. Yes its preseason, and yes it CAN show you how good, or bad, certain aspects of your team are likely to be.

In case YOU were unaware, it is also still a football game. They played football. We saw some people play football against other people.

While it may not be easy to tell if a 5-8 for 52 yards performance is any good in preseason, I think 19-21 for 216 yards, 3 TDs and 0 turnovers is very impressive. Its not overreacting to a preseason game, its called not being blind. I certainly remember the past years of us saying "oh preseason doesnt show anything" and then finding out that our defense did in fact suck. Yes its preseason, and yes it CAN show you how good, or bad, certain aspects of your team are likely to be.

Not to mention the whole "Gibbs doesn't want to give away his game plans/plays, DON'T WORRY IT MEANS NOTHING" only to see that, oh wow, our offense was producing like crap in the regular season just as it did during the preseason.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Gibbs...but the problem I saw on the offense were too many great minds struggling to put in their game plans combined with being too passive and conservative on many play calls.

this game is all about evaluation, of how the players are grasping the system and obviously who is going to make this team. That makes it certainly not meaningless.

Dear God, could your sig be any bigger? Or any more disgusting? The Yankees? The Oilers? :puke: :puke:

that signature has got to go (or at least resized)

Cavs.. :puke:

Yankees .... :puke::puke:

I'm ok with the Cavs only because I'm a VaN8ive, but my 1st college team (in football) is Va Tech. I agree with the :puke: for the Yankees & add a :puke: for the Oilers.

Archived