Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I know you're going to overreact tonight, still, read why preseason is "meaningless"

Mister Happy

I know they're calling what happens tonight a "game." It takes place in a stadium with fans. They keep score. It's on TV with announcers and everything.

Let's not forget what it really is: Preseason.

So let's go over a few reasons why preseason is "meaningless."

1. The coaches are coaching for practice and evaluation, and not winning.

Coaches usually spend the week planning and preparing to beat the opposing team. That's not the case in preseason. Why would Gibbs stay up til 4 am, if it didn't make a difference?

2. Starting players phone it in.

Their main goal is to avoid injury, not to win. They'll try, but not as hard as games that actually count.

3. Even if you don't buy #1 or #2, the score after the 1st quarter is not indicative of the final score.

See the Redskins vs Broncos in Super Bowl XXII.

If the starters played the entire game, you MIGHT be able to get an idea of how they would do against the Colts in the regular season. But they don't, so you won't.

So before you start overreacting after tonight's game, remember this is nothing more than a televised practice in a simulated game environment.

When you do overreact, wear a helmet, so you don't hurt yourself.

this scrimmage or exhibition is ALL about the younger players, draft picks, UDFAs and slated backups. where are they? how do they perform under live action?

Zorn himself said he is always interested to see how players translate what they are able to do in practice to the speed of a contest with a real opponent.

Since the Redskins made 10 selections in the draft and have a number of younger backups the team is counting on in 2008, the preseason should be more interesting perhaps than in previous years where we only had 3 or 4 picks and mostly veteran free agent acquisitions coming in.

from what we have read about the qbs in camp, Collins is the one most likely to struggle tonight against the Colts.

his physical skills are more limited and his edge was in knowing the offense he was running as well as the coaching staff.

now, he is learning a new offense with new queues and signals.

from what we have read about the qbs in camp, Collins is the one most likely to struggle tonight against the Colts.

his physical skills are more limited and his edge was in knowing the offense he was running as well as the coaching staff.

now, he is learning a new offense with new queues and signals.

I still think Brennan will struggle slightly more than Collins.

We shall see.

Preseason is meaningless, for the exception of this game. With all the Redskin fans there, being 4-0 in the HOF game, and having 2 greats added to the Hall, WE MUST KILL!!!

KILL, KILL, KILL, KILL, BLOOD, BLOOD, WE WANT BLOOD!

I swear if JC throws a pick tonight, Todd Collins better be starting week 1. And if that doesn't happen, Zorn should be fired.

This is a rediculus statement. This whole thread is over the top. I kind of look at this thread and your post as sort of a-----I couldn't be creative enough to say something constructive kind of thing.

Man you guys can do better than this :2cents:

This is a rediculus statement. This whole thread is over the top. I kind of look at this thread and your post as sort of a-----I couldn't be creative enough to say something constructive kind of thing.

Man you guys can do better than this :2cents:

I think sarcasm might be lost on you..

I swear if JC throws a pick tonight, Todd Collins better be starting week 1. And if that doesn't happen, Zorn should be fired.

Well, if he does throw a pic it will only be because:

1. The line didn't protect him.

2. He hit the WR in the hands or the face mask the the clutzy WR let the ball bounce into the CB's hands.

3. The WR ran the wrong route. We all know JC throw it where the WR was supposed to be.

4. Zorn knew what the Colts would do on the play and should have called a run instead.

Did I leave out any? :D

Archived