Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm going to be a dad!

Larry Brown #43

actually that does work with music. i did it with my ex and nirvana's unplugged album. whenever my son would be all fussy i would put it on and he would calm right down. the music reminds them of the womb..

Good to know, Mike. Thanks man. My wife's been listening to classical music for the baby, which she normally wouldn't do on her own very much. Maybe's she's on to something.

Congrats!!!! I'm sure you'll be on the web buying that baby Redskin gear real soon!

Yep...already been scoping it out!

And again, congratulations!

Thanks Brandy, and thanks for the warnings. :)

Awesome LB!!!!!! Bring another healthy skins fan into this world bud!!

Prayers for momma and baby's health throughout!

Thanks bro!

Name(s) picked out?

Not yet PJ. We haven't really discussed that yet. Although I'm sure my wife has a handful of names in mind already. I better start the discussion before she gets locked in on one. :)

Conrats LB! That's awesome, you must be so excited to be having a little mini-me. I hope everything goes well and you have a healthy baby!

Thanks so much! Yeah, the idea of raising a little boy is amazing. I've already been thinking about all the stuff we'll see and do together.

Congrats.

Best wishes to your family for a safe and healthy birth.

Thanks man.

Just pick a masculine name. I'm starting to dislike names like- Conner, Dakota, Taylor (for a boy), Landon, Hayden...etc. Sorry if I offended anyone with those. I have a nephew named Brady and a great Nephew named Camren. I didn't agree with either of those names either. Seems like alot of the "popluar" names are kind of sissyfied.

Just pick a masculine name. I'm starting to dislike names like- Conner, Dakota, Taylor (for a boy), Landon, Hayden...etc. Sorry if I offended anyone with those. I have a nephew named Brady and a great Nephew named Camren. I didn't agree with either of those names either. Seems like alot of the "popluar" names are kind of sissyfied.

Without commenting on any name in particular :paranoid:, I agree with you in general about the trendy/popular names. I'm more into timeless names.

My real name is Patrick, and I like my name a lot. But I don't see myself doing the Patrick Jr. thing with my son. It would be cool in a way, but it's probably not the direction I'd go.

I am open to suggestions if anyone has any!

hellz ya!!

make sure you start them early. its never too soon. i suggest getting a recording of "hail to the redskins" and putting headphones on your wife's belly and playing it.

actually that does work with music. i did it with my ex and nirvana's unplugged album. whenever my son would be all fussy i would put it on and he would calm right down. the music reminds them of the womb..

Yup.

I did that when my newborn was in the womb. She seemed to like the Beach Boys.

Congrats.

You know what's cool? When you're wife calls you up randomly at work..... to let you know that your son was singing "Hail to the Redskins" -- not the chorus... ALL of the lyrics -- in the car while she's driving him to daycare. Just completely random.

And up until that point.... I had sung the song no more than 5-6 times to him... and he would just repeat in verbatim.

A very proud moment for dad! Just turned 3! :)

Archived