Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm going to be a dad!

Larry Brown #43

Well gang, my wife and I are expecting our first child. We saw and heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time on the sonogram this week. It's amazing when you first see that heartbeat...it makes you realize this is really happening. It's very exciting.

Well here's to another addition to the Redskin family! :cheers:

My mother was born and raised in Ireland, but my dad was born and raised here in DC, so my kid will be a third-generation Washingtonian. I think that's pretty cool.

Anyway, just wanted to pass the news along to my friends here on ES! :point2sky

EDIT: Updated to say we're having a boy! :cheers:

Congratulations bud. :cheers:

I'll tell you. When I heard my oldest daughter's heartbeat for the first time, I had tears streaming down my cheeks. That actually moved me more than the first sonogram pictures. What an experience.

I wish you, your wife, and the child that will make you a family the best of health and happiness!

Good luck! And savor EVERYTHING!!!!

:cheers:

Congratulations bud. :cheers:

I'll tell you. When I heard my oldest daughter's heartbeat for the first time, I had tears streaming down my cheeks. That actually moved me more than the first sonogram pictures. What an experience.

I wish you, your wife, and the child that will make you a family the best of health and happiness!

Good luck! And savor EVERYTHING!!!!

:cheers:

Thanks so much, HH. I appreciate it. :cheers:

I can remember when my ex jumped on the bed with the pee stick in her hand talking about she was pregnant my first thought was, "I need a beer" followed by "YES!!" we had a huge party that night and then after that it was off to the races. Your whole life is going to be consumed with DR appts, special things to do for her, things to do to get ready for the baby, WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOURE EXPECTING!!, and everything will be about the baby.

this is the calm before the storm my friend. the crazy, insane, wonderful storm.

congrats bro, and get as much rest as you can now because you wont when it gets here..

Congrats Dude

A freind gave me this advice when we found out about our first. Your wife is going to appear psychotic and unreasonable on many occasions during teh first and third trimesters. Do not argue because you will not win, be smart, say "yes dear", kiss her ass and walk away from the situation.

Well gang, my wife and I are expecting our first child. We saw and heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time on the sonogram this week. It's amazing when you first see that heartbeat...it makes you realize this is really happening. It's very exciting.

Well here's to another addition to the Redskin family! :cheers:

My mother was born and raised in Ireland, but my dad was born and raised here in DC, so my kid will be a third-generation Washingtonian. I think that's pretty cool.

Anyway, just wanted to pass the news along to my friends here on ES! :point2sky

CONGRATS!!!! my wife and I are having our first child too our first sonogram is monday

Thanks for the kind words everybody. My brother has three little girls, so I've had some practice at being an uncle. Being an uncle is easy though. All the fun, none of the responsibility. :)

But I'm pumped about this. It'll be a fun ride.

And congrats to you, RyansRangers. Sounds like our kids will be born pretty close together!

Congrats Dude

A freind gave me this advice when we found out about our first. Your wife is going to appear psychotic and unreasonable on many occasions during teh first and third trimesters. Do not argue because you will not win, be smart, say "yes dear", kiss her ass and walk away from the situation.

I can tell you there's already some of this going on my man. :laugh:

• 2 months later...

hellz ya!!

make sure you start them early. its never too soon. i suggest getting a recording of "hail to the redskins" and putting headphones on your wife's belly and playing it.

actually that does work with music. i did it with my ex and nirvana's unplugged album. whenever my son would be all fussy i would put it on and he would calm right down. the music reminds them of the womb..

Bump...just found out this week's we're having a boy! Kid's gonna be one bad-ass little Redskin fan. :)

Congrat's! I have a boy too. I suggest stocking up on A LOT of soap. They sure are dirty little things! It's funny b/c my daughter HATED getting dirty. She wouldn't even walk on sand at the beach-we had to carry her LOL! But God almighty, my son loved dirt and anything that would get him dirty. Once when he watching Barney, he covered himself in peanut butter from head to toe. It took forever to get it off of him. He was literally still greasy after 2 baths.

Oh, he also got a hold of some dog poop and painted the back of our house with it. So my advice, get LOTS of ANTIBACTERIAL soap. And again, congratulations!

Archived