Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins,Fred Davis Agree to Contract Terms (M.E.T.)

derekc4

anybody got insight to what this pretty damn good offseasn is attributed to? I don't think its FO learning from mistakes... snyder giving more control to vinny?

I wonder. ..

I'm pumped that we are ready to roll ...

anybody got insight to what this pretty damn good offseasn is attributed to? I don't think its FO learning from mistakes... snyder giving more control to vinny? ..

Maybe the optimism towards the front office stems from the Skins:

Not blowing a wad of money in free agency and actually drafting 10 players that are already signed :

1) Before camp starts

2) Before any other team in the league has theirs signed.

Isn't that a change from the usual??

anybody got insight to what this pretty damn good offseasn is attributed to? I don't think its FO learning from mistakes... snyder giving more control to vinny?

I wonder. ..

I think we all do but I'm not going to complain. A successful draft (on paper) like we had this offseason is just so much more fufilling than ballin out in free agency. My guess is it comes down to Vinny now being 100% in control of the entire organization answering only to Snyder.

Trading our first round pick for two additional second rounders and their contracts > trading two (potential) first rounders + new contract for Chad Johnson

The issues I've heard and seen with davis didn't concern if he held out or not. He needs to realize he needs to take care of himself to be productive as possible. Davis has lots of talent its just a question of will he dedicate himself to realize that potential or just be a ok player.

And there it is. As predicted by some in the other thread. Alllllrighty then. Time to get down to business. :)

Why in the world do we have 18 2-a-days? Doesn't Zorn know that this frail bunch of geriatrics are injury prone! We need to keep them as pampered as possible.

I KEED! I KEED! :laugh:

This was really a non-event. Second rounders again rarely hold out of camp. That is one of the benefits of accumulating picks in rounds 2 and 3, you get guys with significant upside but at a price that is slotted fairly well with the other picks.

The second round IMHO is the best round for a balance of price/potential/affordability.

Agreed. I honestly wouldn't mind trading out of the 1st round every single year if there wasn't a can't miss prospect available in the first when we pick. I think being able to get 2 or 3 2nd rounders instead of a potential bust in the first is a thing we should entertain doing yearly. Saves us money too.

Obliviously (yes I spelled it right), I'm the only one that doesn't know how many TE's are currently on the roster besides Cooley, Davis and Yoder so I have to wonder why we didn't take Ecker into Training Camp. Too many injuries? Too many chocolate eclairs? He parked in Danny's space once too often? Seeing as he's eligible for the Practice Squad, I wonder why we released a former draft pick instead of a UDFA.

Archived