Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins,Fred Davis Agree to Contract Terms (M.E.T.)

derekc4

The Redskins have agreed to terms on a contract with rookie tight end Fred Davis, the team announced on Saturday. Davis is the last of the Redskins' 10 draft picks to agree to terms or sign with the club.

To make room for Davis on the roster, the team released tight end Tyler Ecker.

Davis was the second of three Redskins' second-round picks in last April's NFL Draft. He was taken with the 48th overall selection in the draft.

Davis, 6-3 and 247 pounds, was the 2007 recipient of the John Mackey Award as college football's top tight end.

Click link for more

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=36707

Sweet. Now what do we complain about?

Folks around here will find something I'm sure. Could even be something about this signing. "Still shouldn't have taken so long. Only the Redskins......" or something like that. And then camp starts.

And the crying.... stops?

For now.......maybe....that or see above. ;)

I think Ecker has been injuired every year he has been here

Just one year he's been here and yes, injured in TC last season I think.

Yoder is a solid blocker who can catch and played well for us last season.

I doubt he goes anywhere yet.

(I remember during the draft thinking we were certain to grab Patrick out of Delaware and didn't, he's done nothing as well)

Man, the 2nd rounders this year was so nice. In total after the deals are complete we'll have paid out around $10 million for our top 3 picks. That's assuming they don't get extensions, but if they get extensions, that means they're worth the money.

The second round IMHO is the best round for a balance of price/potential/affordability.

Message to the crying group - no need to complain now. :D

A prediction - there will be three new/additional threads of the Davis signing. :laugh:

I believe this makes the Redskins the first team to have all of their picks signed. Great job by Mr. Snyder, Vinny, Coach Zorn, and the draft picks.

Let's Roll!

Message to the crying group - no need to complain now. :D

I believe this makes the Redskins the first team to have all of their picks signed. Great job by Mr. Snyder, Vinny, Coach Zorn, and the draft picks.

Let's Roll!

Hell yeah, let's roll!

:point2sky

Archived