Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Man-Crush update:Jesse Lumsden

BALLz

Seems Lumsden is having his way in the CFL.:D

http://www.metronews.ca/calgary/sports/article/84358

Lumsden leads the Canadian Football League with 362 yards rushing and a sensational 7.5-yard average, well ahead of Calgary’s own Joffrey Reynolds, the No. 2 back with 277 yards through three games. Armour is quick to praise Lumsden’s powerful style having seen him up-close in practice and as an opponent from across the line of scrimmage.

“Whenever Jesse has the ball in his hands he’s dangerous,” Armour said. “He’s one of the best downhill runners (breaking to the sidelines) I’ve seen in a long time. When I played with him I could see he’d always make the first person miss. The first person is always going to have trouble with him, so that’s something I always complimented him on when we played together.

“It’s not elusive speed, he’s just fast. For a big man, he moves.”

Click link for full article

UUMMMMMMM. I have been pissed since the day we cut this guy. With my head in the noose I will say that "from what I saw" he is a better back the cp or betts. Yea I said it. This dude is fast, quick and just truck people and runs with an effort you rarely see in the NFL. For those of you who watched him the the preseason of 2006(I think) You know what I mean. Just Ridiculous that we let this talent just walk away.

If Lumsden could stay healthy he could be something special, he missed most of last year and will miss the next game against Calgary. I think he was hurt in his training camp here and with Seattle as well. Too bad, he's a great runner and could be CFL MVP if Hamilton didn;t suck so bad.

He's making a career of signing with teams and then disappearing now. It doesn't sound like Seattle has any more plans to use him than we or the Lions did.

except we gave up a 3rd rounder...everyone else signed him as a FA

:doh:

I was always curious why Lumsden, who looked good in a scrimmage against the Ravens, never saw the field during the preseason games. He must have pissed off the coaches or didn't look too good during TC practices. I can't think of any other reason why he wouldn't at least get a look during exhibition games.

Archived