Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you really think that history will repeat itself....for the 3rd time?

kiingspadee

I was just wondering how some of you guys/gals felt about history repeating itself for the 3rd time...I mean once was just it happening no big deal but when it happens again then it's like ok more than a coincidence....now if it happens again this year then it will be something........more.

I know alot of you already know where I am going with this but for those still clueless I am speaking about this years Super Bowl.

My prediction: New England Cheatriots vs. Washington Redskins

Do not say :doh: stop drinking the Kool-Aid there is a strong reason I believe this.

1986 New York Giants won their first Super Bowl and they played the Denver Broncos, 1987 the Denver Broncos made it back to the Super Bowl to face a NFC East team but this time the Washington Redskins. Denver would again LOSE and Washington was Champs once again.

Few years later in 1990 it was New York going back to the Super Bowl to take on the Buffalo Bills, New York wins. In 1991 the Buffalo Bills make it back to the Super Bowl as did Denver to face......the Skins! Who won that night? The Skins.

So if history is to repeat itself it shall be New England vs. Washington with us winning our 4th Lombardi Trophy. I really think it will happen if everything comes together like it looks to be as of now.

So here is to us winning a Super Bowl :cheers: and how wonderful it would be to do it to such a team as the Patriots. Then whenever Patriots fans mouth off and say "we shut you guys to only 7 points in 2007, we can say in 2008 who got the last win of the season"

So hopefully you guys believe history will repeat itself as do I:gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

It does seem weird that when the Giants win the SB,that the Redskins follow suit...

SB XII we lost,so no corelation there...

Giants lose to the Ravens,so same goes for that...

We lose to the Raiders in SB XVIII,so same goes there...

BUT..When the Giants win the BIG one,we seem to follow suit!Let's hope History repeats itself...and of course,it's always the same team getting pounded again...lol

Honestly.....It wouldn't suprise me at all!

We have the ingredients to make a SB run and the NFC is not that strong overall anyways....

And we know the patriots and the pathetic AFC EAST will sure surely give them a Bye come playoff time...

3 scenarios I want to happen,although very unlikely...

1)Redskins play Patriots in SB 43 and go undefeated 19-0...Beating the very team that had that chance....but choked it....Only this time....as like in the past....The Redskins hammer the crap out of the Pats 46-17 lol

or 2)The Redskins sign Brett Favre as he faces Tom Brady and the Pats in the SB...Brett Favre retires on top like Strahan and Bettis....

or 3)Colt Brennan comes in after either an injury or a struggling JC and leads us to the SB as we find our future QB...faces Tom Brady as he smashes records and Completion %'s...

(I say this cause my faith in JC is dwindling down very,very fast and the season hasn't even begun...)

He has 1 season to prove to me,he is any good....I'm tired of waiting!

If I don't see a significant improvement by him,I'm yankin' his butt and putting in heath shuler...lolol

Seriously though!I would have Favre's # on speed dial and I am working with Colt right now....Doesn't take 10 years to get it right boys...

And late game INT's sure isn't the recipe for the "it" factor for your QB...

We have a HUGE 1st 1/2 of the season...7 of the 8 games are conference games and 3 of those are division...

If Campbell isn't at LEAST...4-4 in these games....It's time to change it up...

If the Browns,Pats,Chargers,saints and others can can get good performance out of their guys in the 1st 2 seasons or by that time,than we can too!!

You have this season to prove your worth JC....THAT'S it!

I was just wondering how some of you guys/gals felt about history repeating itself for the 3rd time...I mean once was just it happening no big deal but when it happens again then it's like ok more than a coincidence....now if it happens again this year then it will be something........more.

I know alot of you already know where I am going with this but for those still clueless I am speaking about this years Super Bowl.

My prediction: New England Cheatriots vs. Washington Redskins

Do not say :doh: stop drinking the Kool-Aid there is a strong reason I believe this.

1986 New York Giants won their first Super Bowl and they played the Denver Broncos, 1987 the Denver Broncos made it back to the Super Bowl to face a NFC East team but this time the Washington Redskins. Denver would again LOSE and Washington was Champs once again.

Few years later in 1990 it was New York going back to the Super Bowl to take on the Buffalo Bills, New York wins. In 1991 the Buffalo Bills make it back to the Super Bowl as did Denver to face......the Skins! Who won that night? The Skins.

So if history is to repeat itself it shall be New England vs. Washington with us winning our 4th Lombardi Trophy. I really think it will happen if everything comes together like it looks to be as of now.

So here is to us winning a Super Bowl :cheers: and how wonderful it would be to do it to such a team as the Patriots. Then whenever Patriots fans mouth off and say "we shut you guys to only 7 points in 2007, we can say in 2008 who got the last win of the season"

So hopefully you guys believe history will repeat itself as do I:gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

I don't see it happening with Zorn.

The thing about the two skins teams you mention, is that Gibbs was at his best during those two seasons.

I really wish Gibbs hadn't re-retired. We would have won the Super Bowl this year if he was still here.

But, since he felt it was necessary to renig on his contract, and not keep his promise to the fans to stay on for the full five years, I am not speaking to him any more.

Uh... yeah.

You don't really think there is anything beyond rank coincidence at play here, do you?

Also, we had a Super Bowl caliber team when the Giants won the last two times. Right now we have a .500 caliber team.

i seriously disagree with that.

while i wont say we are a superbowl team due to the obvious reasons of football starting NEXT! month, we have a LOT more talent then a .500 team. and i do mean a LOT.

this is the best team weve have since dan snyder has taken over the team, :2cents:.

I knew what this was about as soon as I finished reading the title (but before I clicked on the thread). I think it was the "for the 3rd time?" that gave it away.

It would only be the second time. The first time was not a repeat.

Archived