22 rec 256 yds 1 td 11.6 yds/ game 10 games

Reche Caldwell Stats

15 rec 141 yds 0 tds 17.6 yds/game 8 games

Redskins totals

13.3 wr receptions/ game

172.88 receiving yds / game

0.60 tds/ game

McD5,

The Redskins were injured quite a bit during last year's season.... at many positions. Are you telling me with truth, that you believe the fans of the NFL, if asked, would say the same thing you said after not only looking at these stats, but also factoring in that the Skins brought in Malcolm kelly and Devin Thomas? On top of that, they start the new year with a healthy offensive line and starting QB.

The number above don't lie. The Redskins, as you know, had their most terrible year for WR in over a decade... the Eagles, however had their first 1,000 yd receiver since TO. It's amazing to me also that Santana didn't play against the teams we scored the most receiving TD's against... The Lions and Eagles. Remember this when posting your retort. Kevin Curtis had a career day against those same Lions just last year.

This ranking at 21 is unjust, but to be 6 rankings under the Eagles is shameful. Reality check.

Excellent info :applause:

I guess that kills our argument...:doh:

Bubba, with all due respect, there isn't a sane person on earth that would rather have Santana Moss and El over Braylon Edwards and Donte Stallworth.

It isn't even close.

Edit: Even our own coaches agree....or we wouldn't have used our top two picks on WRs this season.

Set the bong down people, and take off the homer glasses....our receivers sucked hard last season.

Braylon Edwards had a career year last year... just like Stallworth the year prior. Kevin Curtis was the same last year.

Lets comparethem all to Santana's career year (where he was healthy)

1483 yds 9 tds 84 receptions 17.7 avg

Edwards: 80 rec 16 tds 1289 yds 16.1 avg

Stallworth: 70 rec 7 tds 945 yds 13.5 avg

Curtis: 77 rec 6 tds 111. yds 14.4 avg

Only one has gone over 1,000 yds and that was only one year. Please take off the I can't see prior to last year glasses and think logically. Santana is good... he just had a bad year.

yeah the eagles pass like crazy including to westbrook, so when hes a passing and a running threat im sure that helps their offense alot. I wouldnt argue us better or worse, however i do belive we are better than 21 especially when they mention rookie pickups in some of the 'top' teams, i mean look at some of the teams ahead of us. sure we had a bad season but overrall i would still take moss or el over players like roddy white, kevin curtis, reggie brown, or even the broncos recievers.

even more so if you add in the draft picks we got as it seems most of those teams had the added value of them.

I don't understand why people still think the Eagles have a quality WR corps. There's no one there of substance. In what way are Reggie Brown and Kevin Curtis better than Santana Moss and Antwan Randle El, not to mention we drafted Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly and they got DeSean Jackson. I don't get it.

The Eagles don't even have a #1 WR on the roster and they're 15th? :laugh:

I still remember when the Eagles signed Curtis and Eagles fans were telling us how much trouble we were in.....jeeze.

And after TO and Whitten, how strong is the Cowboys corp?

Glenn is in such shape that the Cowboys wanted him to sign an injury waver.

Crayton is a very good #3 but dissapeared alot when he became a #2 IMO.

Guys after that are depth and one of them might step up and be very productive, but the Cowboy fans have to be worried about talent if TO gets injured this year.

One of the Redskins younger receivers will be a major contributor in 2008. Just a hunch on my part, based on the change in offensive philosophy and the injury problems suffered by the smallish starters in recent seasons :)

The Redskins WR unit does not deserve much cred outside of Moss before it is proven on the field, however, I do think the team has better talent behind the #1 than Dallas has.

ESPN insider? The Redskins will stress more running than throwing. Even though they have two seasoned good recievers and two young receivers with potential? One pro bowl TE and the number one TE in the draft??? ESPN idiot

I would have put us somewhere near the middle, too, to be honest. I think the only reason that happened is because we're going to have at least two receivers on our squad that have yet to catch a pass in the NFL. I wouldn't think too much of this. Analysts all try to get their crystal balls out and predict stuff long before its happened. I would NOT have put the Cowboys at #8, and that's speaking objectively. Especially now that it looks like they're showing Terry Glenn the door. When we played them, we were so busy covering TO that Terry Glenn gave us nightmares. I remember a game or two where we shut TO down and still lost the game because Glenn rattled off a 10+ reception, 100+ yard game on us - and scored twice to boot.

Without Glenn, they fall to the mid-teens or something. They've got one guy who's good, but can get the dropsies sometimes and is essentially a fossil as far as receivers go...one guy who's extremely, EXTREMELY overrated *coughCraytoncough*...and a whole bunch of other guys that I've never seen before.

Rest assured...in terms of physical skill, I think we're about equal to the Cowboys right now. Once they lose TO to retirement or just get sick enough of him that they cut him like every other team he's been with has done, they'll drop somewhere to the mid 20's if they don't draft a high-tier guy QUICK. And each of the two guys we drafted had a large contingent of people that thought that they were the best one in the draft. And we got BOTH.

We may be unproven in some of our depth, but our upside is ridiculous.

I'm not sure how people can realistically look at how Moss/ARE & Co. played in comparison to how Philly's WRs did and say that the skins receivers are better. Throw away the injury excuses b/c everyone has injuries, and that should be part of a player's ranking as well. Moss is a 2, ARE is a 3 and Thrash is a 4. Brown is a 2, Curtis is a 3 and Lewis is a 4. However, the second group caught TDs and were more consistent. You can look at the rookies, but name me the last high round rookie receiver that came in and was a stud. It very rarely happens.

As to saying the skins receivers are as good as the cowboys...give me a break. No one hates the cowboys more than I, but TO is better than the best two WRs on Philly and Wash's team combined.

Philly being ranked 15 isn't that they're good. 15 sucks IMO, especially for a team that prides itself on WCO.

PF

This ranking at 21 is unjust, but to be 6 rankings under the Eagles is shameful. Reality check.

I think the ranking at 21 is reasonable. But agree with you re the Eagles. The last two seasons we have definitely had WR corps in the bottom half of the league. 2005 was an anomaly for Santana. He's had hamstring issues on and off for much of his career, and "but if he wasn't injured..." doesn't come into play in a ranking like this. Randle El had flashes of greatness, but he's not anywhere near the top #2 WRs in the league. Facts is facts, and the fact is we have had a receiving corps that is average at best. Maybe that will change with these rookies and tallguy Mix seeing some action, maybe not.

Funny isn't it..... the Pokes drafted the 3rd or 4th best rated RB and he and a sub 1000 yard rusher equal the 5th best running back group

but the Skins who have two good starting WR's, but injured last season.... Moss a 1400 yard WR 2 years ago... and drafting 2 of the top 3 rated WR's equals only the 21st best WR group????

:laugh:

nothing like consistency, 'ay Jeremy? :jerk:

Well, I can kinda understand this. In general, it takes WRs a longer time to adjust to the NFL than RBs. So to count on out WRs to have Dwayne Bowe and Calvin Johnson type rookie seasons is kinda crazy. Maybe our WR core is better prepared for the long run than any team in the NFC east, but we can't expect a rookie WR to have the same impact as a rookie RB.

And after TO and Whitten, how strong is the Cowboys corp?

Glenn is in such shape that the Cowboys wanted him to sign an injury waver.

Crayton is a very good #3 but dissapeared alot when he became a #2 IMO.

Guys after that are depth and one of them might step up and be very productive, but the Cowboy fans have to be worried about talent if TO gets injured this year.

I disagree about Crayton, he's a good #2. He had one critical drop, but one mistake doesn't prevent him from being a good player, just ask Romo sits to pee. I'd say 50 receptions, 700 yards and 7 TDs is pretty good for a #2 WR.

This will prove that ESPN will not weigh who has the best TE overall and they will rank it something like this:

1. San Diego

2. Dallas

3. Cleveland

4. Kansas City

5. New York Giants

9 Washington Redskins

completely ignoring the fact that we picked up the best TE in the draft and have Chris Cooley ( pro bowl)

I guarantee it.

I'm not sure how people can realistically look at how Moss/ARE & Co. played in comparison to how Philly's WRs did and say that the skins receivers are better. Throw away the injury excuses b/c everyone has injuries, and that should be part of a player's ranking as well. Moss is a 2, ARE is a 3 and Thrash is a 4. Brown is a 2, Curtis is a 3 and Lewis is a 4. However, the second group caught TDs and were more consistent.

PF

your Joking right....

this is a prediction of how the teams positions will fair this season

you can look at the careers of each teams WR, and assume if healthy Curtis and Brown are better than Moss and ARE?

:laugh: right :thumbsup:

take away the Lions game and Curtis equaled Moss' numbers playing in 2 more games than Moss played

and comparing the impact each teams rookie wr will have.... chances are good Thomas AND Kelly will be more productive than Jackson

Bubba, with all due respect, there isn't a sane person on earth that would rather have Santana Moss and El over Braylon Edwards and Donte Stallworth.

It isn't even close.

Edit: Even our own coaches agree....or we wouldn't have used our top two picks on WRs this season.

Set the bong down people, and take off the homer glasses....our receivers sucked hard last season.

He didn't say that the Redskins receivers should be rated ahead of Cleveland but that Cleveland was rated too high. I agree that the 'Skins rec corps should be rated above Filthydelphias'. I would also argue that with the addition of the rookies the Redskins should be rated above Dallas. While T.O. is a better receiver than anyone on the skins, when the groups are consisdered as a whole including the rookies then Washington should be rated higher. T.O.,Crayton, (glenn may not re-sign),Stanback, Hurd and Austin vs. Moss, El, Thrash, Kelly, Thomas, Mix. The Redskins are considerably better from #2 down. This isn't about last year by the way, it's about this upcoming season and the draft picks are the reason we should be rated much higher.

you can look at the careers of each teams WR, and assume if healthy Curtis and Brown are better than Moss and ARE?

I wasn't joking, sorry if it appeared that way! :) You can't "take away" injury issues, unless you're going to include that DM was injured for the first part of the season last year and that it undoubtedly affected his WR play. Or that (without looking it up) the Skins WRs numbers probably were much better when Collins was playing (injury helped in that case). Moss is a great wide receiver, when healthy which has to be factored in when considering his overall contribution to the team. Similiar to the Redskins Oline, BWestbrook, McNabb, etc.

take away the Lions game and Curtis equaled Moss' numbers playing in 2 more games than Moss played

C'mon bubba, what do you mean "take away the Lions game"? Take away Moss' Dallas game and he has less than 700 yards and only 2 TDs for the season. You can't do that with stats.

and comparing the impact each teams rookie wr will have.... chances are good Thomas AND Kelly will be more productive than Jackson

I'll agree there. Actually I'll agree that either one of them individually will contribute more as a receiver than Jackson this season. Although hoping for anything more than about 30catches for 600 yards and 3 or 4 TDs between the two of them is most likely just dreaming.

PF

He didn't say that the Redskins receivers should be rated ahead of Cleveland but that Cleveland was rated too high. I agree that the 'Skins rec corps should be rated above Filthydelphias'. I would also argue that with the addition of the rookies the Redskins should be rated above Dallas. While T.O. is a better receiver than anyone on the skins, when the groups are consisdered as a whole including the rookies then Washington should be rated higher. T.O.,Crayton, (glenn may not re-sign),Stanback, Hurd and Austin vs. Moss, El, Thrash, Kelly, Thomas, Mix. The Redskins are considerably better from #2 down. This isn't about last year by the way, it's about this upcoming season and the draft picks are the reason we should be rated much higher.

I would take Crayton over anyone but Moss on the skins. Like the Cowboys, the receiverson the SKins, after the top 2, are all big question marks. IMO, you have these rankings are determining which group will be more productive this year. I can't imagine, short of TO being injured in for most of the season, the Skins (or Eagles for that matter) WR corps outperforming the 'boys. ugh I hate saying that.

I can't wait until real games starts and this whining about what other people think about the Skins ends. Then we can start whining about how much better the players would be if the coaching staff would either (1) get back to smashmouth football or (2) open up the air attack.

Seriously, who cares if someone thinks your friend's girlfriend is better than your girlfriend. If you thinks she's pretty, she's pretty. Maybe he's a leg man and your a face man.

There are legitimate reasons for thinking Philly's passing attack will be better - for example, it will be Curtis's second year as a #1, McNabb should start the season healthy, McNabb and Curtis will have more experience together... There are legitimate reasons to think the Skins will be better - pass oriented coach, new receivers, healthy line... Both are just speculation - there is no way to tell if any of those things will come true.

WAS has more talent at WR but experience in the offensive system plays a part. The WCO is now being implemented in WAS which takes time for players to gell and the running game has to be steady focus (2 back system). Westbrook has versitility as a RB receiving 90 771 8.6 5td where PHI has thrived in it choosing to pass 70% of the time. If we can dominate in the running game it will allow the passing game to open up. In the WCO the RBs will benefit from screen plays and routes designed to get them in open field for YAC. The WCO doesnt have much of max pass protection, the 5 Lineman will be accountable for alot of the pass protection allow RBs and TEs to get invovled in the passing attack.

Funny isn't it..... the Pokes drafted the 3rd or 4th best rated RB and he and a sub 1000 yard rusher equal the 5th best running back group

but the Skins who have two good starting WR's, but injured last season.... Moss a 1400 yard WR 2 years ago... and drafting 2 of the top 3 rated WR's equals only the 21st best WR group????

:laugh:

nothing like consistency, 'ay Jeremy? :jerk:

I agree with your statement on the boys having the 5th best RB group. That's just ridiculous.

But, you said it yourself, we have two good WR's (actually Moss is excellent when healthy), but injured last season. Moss was a 1400 plus yard WR two years ago.

Why would this Jeremy guy rate our WR's higher than what he did, when he does'nt even know what they can do with JC? And to factor in rookies into the equation would be even more irresponsible IMO.

Archived