Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

D.C. named No. 1 on list of 'Best Towns in America'

China

So what does that have to do with anything? Chicago has everything that DC has to offer and more except the national monuments that are cool the first time you see them in eighth grade and pretty boring thereafter (except the National Archives, that place is sweet). Chicago has more people and about a tenth of the bums.

Please, southside is full of bums.

The museums are always cool to visit also.

Oh btw, the 99% of the country that lives outside the inner metro area doesn't get to see them in middle school; that was a stupid point I'm not going to lie.

Very good point sir, but I'm obsessed with dogs.

Hard to walk them in the city.

That's why you drop 20 bucks a week to have someone else pick up their ****. But really, I see people walking their dogs in D.C. all the time. There are actually some residential areas you know. (some even have yards.)

So what does that have to do with anything? Chicago has everything that DC has to offer and more except the national monuments that are cool the first time you see them in eighth grade and pretty boring thereafter (except the National Archives, that place is sweet). Chicago has more people and about a tenth of the bums.

I don't know. I still love looking at the Washington Monument. Among others. I don't think it's ever gotten old for me. But maybe I'm just lame or something.

That's why you drop 20 bucks a week to have someone else pick up their ****. But really, I see people walking their dogs in D.C. all the time. There are actually some residential areas you know. (some even have yards.)

I know, I know DC pretty well (just can't find my way around :doh: )

But still, its nice to have a yard.

And 20 bucks a week!? Thats beer money!!

Chicago ****s on DC in every way except their football team (though Soldier Field is awesome, has great history, and is right in the middle of a lot of cultural destinations like Chicago's awesome aquarium).
I didnt either. I used to have to go a lot. Grant/Division is a good spot, but DC blows it away in all aspects.

Wrigley is pretty cool.

While I don't think Chicago "****s on DC in every way," I do enjoy Chicago a lot. I have to agree with Dj though, DC wins solely on the basis of a milder winter. Every building in Chicago has revolving doors to keep out the cold. Think about that for a second - it is so ****ing cold there, they had to put in specialized doors! :laugh:

It’s pretty comical how most of you talk about Washington, DC. You would think it was 1985 and the crack epidemic was in full swing. Don’t know if many of you scared little county folk have driven your mini-vans into DC recently – but it has changed and is still changing. It is an amazing place to live, many parts are extremely safe, and other parts are changing fast. I could never imagine living in NOVA or south Maryland in a giant boring complex or a cookie cutter house.

Also, how can so many people claim they love the skins, wear the jersey, love the team and then turn around and **** talk the city that it represents? That is lame.

DC is ****ing awesome.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

This thread has flabbergasted me - I thought I'd read through a bunch of people saying things like, "It's about damn time someone noticed all the upgrades," and instead half of the replies are about how much worse DC is than other major cities because it's apparently the only one that has homeless people and guns.

Newsflash, soccer moms - DC isn't a square-shaped drug war anymore. Hasn't been for a long time. The remnants of the violence epidemic have been contained into a few very small areas. Meanwhile, the rest of the city has exploded with renovation. Hell, I spent last summer working in a part of SE that was indistinguishable from a nice neighborhood in Fairfax - except, of course, it didn't take two hours of rush-hour traffic to get there. Which is one of the many reasons the city pwns the burbs.

You can go live way out in Chantilly if your idea of a good day is driving eight miles in a minivan to get to a damn grocery store, spending two hours cleaning up your invaluable yard (it's freaking grass), then watching Leave it to Beaver before going to bed at 8:30 so you can get up in time to sit in a parking lot with exit signs on your way to work. I'll take everything DC has to offer and try not to be paralyzed by my .0001% greater likelihood of getting shot.

Archived