Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pigs killed to protect levee.

BALLz

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/pigs-shot-to-protect-flood-levee/20080619070009990001

Officials said they killed the pigs over worries that they would weaken the levee. Onlookers said the animals were having a difficult time trying to maneuver their way off the sandbags, and that they scurried back into the water as people approached.

"Basically you cannot have something with a hoof walk on plastic and not poke a hole in the plastic and let water into it," said LeRoy Lippert, chairman of the county emergency management commission. "Hogs, they have a tendency to root and that would not have been good either."

He said the state veterinarian and other agencies were consulted, and that 10 to 16 animals were killed.

They did what they had to do. Unfortunatly this we definately bring some bad publicity to the town.

Well, children pose a threat to the dam if they stand on it too. I say we also shoot them.

Actually the pigs have hooves that could tear the bags. Plus they made several attempts to get the pigs off the bags but they ran from the rescuers.

Well, children pose a threat to the dam if they stand on it too. I say we also shoot them.

now, do ya really think that there are a bunch of kids running around in their little hoof slippers trying to climb on and damage the levee even after somebody told them not to? :doh:

why do people insist on trying to go from point A to point L on every topic?

Children listen when you tell them to get off something. A pig doesn't.

If my son listened to me the first time I told him to stop jumping on the couch it would be a miracle. He listens the 2nd time though.:laugh: :whippin::nono:

Just stirrin the pot. :munchout:

C'mon you know you wanted to shoot the kids on the leevees...admit it ;)

"Damn kids get off my levee and my yard while you're at it"

(sees an old man shakin' his fist at kids)

THIS POST IS SATIRICAL IN NATURE

b/c the thought of shooting kids on levees (why in the hell would they be on levees during a flood :doh: ) is to quote Monty Python "just silly".

Sad I actually had to post this b/c I had a feeling somebody would have taken this post seriously :doh:

Archived