Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aside from the games, what's YOUR favorite part of the season?

NewCliche21

There's always one 'o clock on Sundays, and that's when the tens of thousands of us, regardless of whether we want Collins or Campbell, Portis or Betts, or Thomas or Kelly all sit down/stand up to cheer for our boys. That, unfortunately, is only three hours a week.

Of course, there are so many other things that come along with the season. There's the trash talk, the videos, the Chris Paul songs, the visits to the cardiologist/therapist, the intense pride we feel wearing our colors on Monday no matter what happened the day before, the tailgates, the look on Cowboys fans' faces when they lose, etc.

What, aside from the games, are YOU looking forward to the most?

To me, it's the videos. I absolutely LOVE those compilations, and it's so exciting to see how people put together make things like "The Fix II" or "Sean Taylor Forever." As more and more people post videos to get hyped for 2008, I realize that this is the stuff that I'm going to be showing to my kids to explain to them what it means to be a Redskins fan.

What about you guys?

I look forward to the SKINS coming to Dallas. I have so much fun with SKINS fans here and those that travel to Dallas for this game. That game means to much to me here and the talk about that game the remainder of the season.

Only on ES could a mod hijack one of my threads with the very first response.

;)

What? :halo:

I enjoy some of the threads here on ES. The game thread and the chatroom on game day. I love to make it to at least one game a year. Always a thrill to visit with friends and make new ones and watch the Skins play live.

:)

Gameday threads are absolutely hilarious. I have this weird superstition that if I miss a play, then we'll eff up. I don't have a laptop, so I have to sprint upstairs after almost every play to make a "GOD DAMMIT!" or "*** YES!" comment and then tumble down the stairs again.

THAT is playing both sides of the ball full speed. I seriously must run about two miles a day during away games just to get to this board.

- Doc Walker after a game breaking it down for us neanderthal fans on ST980

- The trash talking during the season at local bars/parties

- Tailgating before and after games at FedEx Field

- How good my week is after a win

- NFL Sunday Ticket

- Seeing all the Redskin paraphernalia on cars here in the DMV

It has changed several times over my life. When I was in school, it was August and September when football finally came back (although summer was about over) as there was little going on in the off-season (football was not 24/7/365 as now). During the 80s, it became December to January as it was time to begin our push to the playoffs and late fall/early winter games began in the light and ended in the twilight. Now its August and September when hope still abounds.

Gameday threads are absolutely hilarious. I have this weird superstition that if I miss a play, then we'll eff up. I don't have a laptop, so I have to sprint upstairs after almost every play to make a "GOD DAMMIT!" or "*** YES!" comment and then tumble down the stairs again.

THAT is playing both sides of the ball full speed. I seriously must run about two miles a day during away games just to get to this board.

That must be hard in those shoes!:silly:

:cheers:

the best part of the offseason to me is the draft.

that's why it's nice to see the Redskins finally keep a stable picks and MAKE THEM.

this year we have TEN players to evaluate, to see how they might fit into the team concept and what kind of people they are.

that personnel side to the game is one of the most interesting.

I love it when we prove the pundits wrong. It's always constant bashing and underrating from them when it comes to us that they don't know what to say when we win. They get confused and start latching onto things that had little to do with our success... especially early in the season.

Remember last year on MNF against the Eagles. The entire nation thought we'd lose, and when we won the look on Steve Young and Emmitt Smiths face were simply to die for!

I love it when we prove the pundits wrong. It's always constant bashing and underrating from them when it comes to us that they don't know what to say when we win. They get confused and start latching onto things that had little to do with our success... especially early in the season.

Remember last year on MNF against the Eagles. The entire nation thought we'd lose, and when we won the look on Steve Young and Emmitt Smiths face were simply to die for!

Doesn't someone STILL owe us a naked walk from Bristol to D.C.?

And my computer's a POS or I'd link that amazing picture from that Eagles game. Before the game started, there was an election-style map of the US asking who would win the game. EVERY SINGLE STATE voted for the Eagles, and someone put it in Paint and wrote "OWNED!" over it. Absolutely hilarious.

hanging with fellow fans and watching the games.

If I go to a sports bar, then it's fun to see cheers happening at different times due to at least 5 games being broadcasted.

Overall, just the general feeling of the day preparing to watch the game. Sitting all day in anticipation, getting your gameday geat ready, for me, listening to my Redskins Gameday Mix CD I make every year. Hearing about other peoples rituals before and during games. The brief moment of happiness I get after a win.

Vehemently arguing about why certain QBs are good enough to make the practice squad and why we should just cut so and so because he sucks, despite not even playing a scrimmage game or attending one OTA yet.

I love the speculations. The optimism.

Huh? That's not during the season.

Archived