Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Owens Misses Drug Test -- Something Stinks

Hooper

"The testing program requires players to make themselves accessible and communicate their specific location when they are contacted for a test. "

Yeah, it's TO and I can't stand the guy but I have a REAL problem with this Big Brother attitude the NFL has now. How would any of us like getting a phone call demanding our location and have a guy tell us to meet so-and-so at a certain address within two hours for a piss test?

Pay me $6 million a year and I'd let 'em implant a tracking device in my armpit.

I do find it a little suspicious that apparently they were unable to reach Rozenhaus, who was with TO.

Right. Im sure hes not answering his phone, his moneymaker.

But ill give them the benefit of the doubt for now. Be warned TO, ive got my eye on you!

I don't have any proof that TO is taking anything. And he is of course afforded the benefit of the doubt.

I was offering up a personal opinion, that I wouldn't be surprised if he was. It's a message board, that's what folks do. Share personal opinions and all.

If you can't handle that without kicking and screaming like a 2 year old, then perhaps this isn't the place for you. Of course, judging by your posting history, it won't be long until you hang yourself anyways.

In the meantime, try to stay on topic. If you want to discuss topics by trying to fling **** against the wall to see what sticks and divert attention, you'd be much better suited in the tailgate :D

I don't have any proof that TO is taking anything. And he is of course afforded the benefit of the doubt.

I was offering up a personal opinion, that I wouldn't be surprised if he was. It's a message board, that's what folks do. Share personal opinions and all.

If you can't handle that without kicking and screaming like a 2 year old, then perhaps this isn't the place for you. Of course, judging by your posting history, it won't be long until you hang yourself anyways.

In the meantime, try to stay on topic. If you want to discuss topics by trying to fling **** against the wall to see what sticks and divert attention, you'd be much better suited in the tailgate :D

I was just trying to point out that it is dumb for someone to say that someone else is juicing just because he is jacked.

T.O. is a rare athlete. One thing you have to admire about the guy is that he trains hard all the time. It is not unreasonable to think that his athletic ability is all natural. He has a clean history (with regard to drug testing, anyway) and I would be surprised to learn that he is a juicer.

Was I the only one (and please REMEMBER I hate TO with a passion) felt very far fetched by ESPN to actually just create some type of news?

I personally read it and thought to myself..."well nothing to see here move along.."

Same thought; although I don't think I hate him YET (sorry, doesn't matter to me bringing a team 'down' unless it's ours), besides the fact he's a cowboy. But hey, that's the media's job. To bring stuff up like that

I was just trying to point out that it is dumb for someone to say that someone else is juicing just because he is jacked.

No, you were trying to use a picture of a Redskin to defend a puke player...a guy about a dozen years younger than TO...someone who is in his young prime vs. a guy who is old and not likely to be in such 'shape' considering his age and time in the league.

TO missed that test for a reason other than a 'phone' mix-up...doesn't Jerruh have his number?

I doubt that he is doing steroids. I wouldn't be surprised, though. I think HGH is more likely, looking at his body and age.

It wouldn't be surprising though. He has a very aggressive mentality(like Shawne Merriman used to) and as we all have seen, he does get pretty emotional(see: crying about possible criticism of Tony Romo sits to pee...who the **** would cry about that?)

No, you were trying to use a picture of a Redskin to defend a puke player...a guy about a dozen years younger than TO...someone who is in his young prime vs. a guy who is old and not likely to be in such 'shape' considering his age and time in the league.

TO missed that test for a reason other than a 'phone' mix-up...doesn't Jerruh have his number?

Why can't it be his genetics? Alot of African Americans genetic make up makes it easier to put on muscle and age well. I am 32 years old but look 25 and it doesn't take me years in the gym like the average work out guy to achieve a ripped body, my older brother is the same way! It seems to me that your dislike for TO is the only proof behind your juice claims! I'm just saying people assume cause a guy is above 30 and in shape that his body is old and he shouldn't be able to perform at a high level when in fact some, not all guys, genetic composition contribute to there defiance of being classified old!

Why can't it be his genetics? Alot of African Americans genetic make up makes it easier to put on muscle and age well. I am 32 years old but look 25 and it doesn't take me years in the gym like the average work out guy to achieve a ripped body, my older brother is the same way! It seems to me that your dislike for TO is the only proof behind your juice claims! I'm just saying people assume cause a guy is above 30 and in shape that his body is old and he shouldn't be able to perform at a high level when in fact some, not all guys, genetic composition contribute to there defiance of being classified old!
Thanks for your input, Jimmy the Greek.

Why don't you just come out and say what you are implying here. I guess you missed the part that he passed a drug test a few day after the mix up or more likely simply chose to ignore it because it didn't fit your agenda.

Ownes is a lot of things, but I don't think he's a juicer.

Then he is probably one of the minority of NFL players who are not using some kind of artifical stimulant to help with weight gain, muscle growth or improved recovery time after training.

That might be a slight exaggeration but only slight. Steriod and hormone use in the NFL is the elephant in the corner of the room everyone is ignoring and hoping nobody will mention. Heck if baseball players are using steriods you have to think NFL players will be.

There is a high profile soccer player over here in England called Rio Ferdinand. He cost his current club $60M in a transfer fee to sign, has captained Englands national team blah blah blah. Big name is what I'm saying.

He missed a drugs test and was suspended for 12 months as a result. No positive test just missed an appointment. No second chance, no "plausible excuse" - gone.

If the NFL is serious about stopping players using chemicals and hormones etc they have to put in place a credible testing programme with tangible sanctions and have the balls to then enforce these. Just put a call into the World Doping Agency they could probably provide some help.

Again the reality is that the NFL is working on the basis of don't ask and don't tell.

"The testing program requires players to make themselves accessible and communicate their specific location when they are contacted for a test. "

Yeah, it's TO and I can't stand the guy but I have a REAL problem with this Big Brother attitude the NFL has now. How would any of us like getting a phone call demanding our location and have a guy tell us to meet so-and-so at a certain address within two hours for a piss test?

If I was being paid like $8M per year and that was one of the job conditions I'd be good with that. You?

Then he is probably one of the minority of NFL players who are not using some kind of artifical stimulant to help with weight gain, muscle growth or improved recovery time after training.

That might be a slight exaggeration but only slight. Steriod and hormone use in the NFL is the elephant in the corner of the room everyone is ignoring and hoping nobody will mention. Heck if baseball players are using steriods you have to think NFL players will be.

There is a high profile soccer player over here in England called Rio Ferdinand. He cost his current club $60M in a transfer fee to sign, has captained Englands national team blah blah blah. Big name is what I'm saying.

He missed a drugs test and was suspended for 12 months as a result. No positive test just missed an appointment. No second chance, no "plausible excuse" - gone.

If the NFL is serious about stopping players using chemicals and hormones etc they have to put in place a credible testing programme with tangible sanctions and have the balls to then enforce these. Just put a call into the World Doping Agency they could probably provide some help.

Again the reality is that the NFL is working on the basis of don't ask and don't tell.

When they called TO he was in a press conference signing his new deal, I think they see he wasn't trying to avoid the test! Plus he took the test right after that and passed it.

I disagree with you I think there is a small minority of players that do juice or use a banned stimulants. Some of you act like that if your job was to work out every day and run and condition you wouldn't get freakishly huge or fast? They are paid millions to keep there bodies in shape and stay on top of there craft.

I don't think Owens is a drug cheat but to dismiss it out of hand is naive.

From an analytical chemists point of view :

A missed test raises more alarms than a diluted or inconclusive test and is much more serious and in some sports is viewed exactly the same as a positive test .

Diluted and inconclusive tests can occur for any number of reasons such as a virus or a food interaction and usually require a second test to be taken within 24 hours and other factors are tested for . Such a result even if the second test is negative normally means the subject would be put onto the substance abuse program and all that entails(as Marcus Washington was a couple of years ago despite never having a postive test) . The view is people are not generally dumb enough to go and subject themselves to testing if they know they have been taking something they shouldn't. Normally these kinds of test can be put down to a change in the formulation of an over the counter medication.

Missed tests can have totally innocent explanations BUT lets put it this way you don't want to get caught with something you shouldn't have just avoid the test . You can purge the system typically in 24 hours .

Owens has been in the league 12 years, Rosenhaus (sp?) the super agent has hundreds of clients that are either in or been in the NFL these guys know how the system works and to miss a test from the NFL not being able to get in touch with a player or agent is suspicious . If it was a rookie finding his feet then this would be a non story ... it happens . Owens is not wet behind the ear kid I wonder if he wasn't a Cowboy he would have as many defenders ?

Archived