Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Soccer: US/Argentina & Euro 2008

thehogs

Lucky for Soccer fans that they aren't going up against Texas hold em or other card games.

Yeah cause its only the most popular sport in the world. If only our top athletes played soccer here. Oh well i guess thats why our national team is pitiful compared to the rest of the world (never won on European soil).

Babies? what do they do that other teams dont? Spain might beat them but it will be a good game. One game at a time though France has been our Nemesis and Netherlands have to beat or tie Romania. We miss Carnnavaro soooo much. Best Defender in the World.

Hopefully the Dutch'll show the same tenacity against Romania as they have in the first couple games rather than take a night off after wrapping up the group. Italy-France for a spot in the quarterfinals would be intense.

I was so disappointed when I heard about Fabio missing out on the tourney. Definitely the best defender in the world, not to mention my favorite player. It's nice to see Fabio Grosso step up in his absence. He was unbelievable today. :applause:

Turkey vs. Czech Republic was an amazing game to watch.

I was looking forward to that one because of what was at stake and wasn't disappointed. Gutsy performance by the Turks coming back from 2 goals down and simply dominating the Czechs in the second half.

Those kind of games is what football is all about.

Babies? what do they do that other teams dont? Spain might beat them but it will be a good game. One game at a time though France has been our Nemesis and Netherlands have to beat or tie Romania. We miss Carnnavaro soooo much. Best Defender in the World.

how about blame the refs anytime they lose... and i believe it was euro 2004 they blamed sweden for drawing some other team on purpose so the italians wouldnt go through...... plus they have the 2 dirtiest players in the world in fransesco totti and marco matterazzi

Lucky for Soccer fans both of you, that they aren't going up against Texas hold em or other card games.
I don't even understand the point of posting something like this in this thread...

One of my roommates is 100% Turkish, and another is 100% Croatian...needless to say, Euro Cup is dominating my apartment lately...

I got off work early today to come home and watch the Turkey game, my roommate was about to off himself after that 2nd Czech goal, then the comeback started and by the third Turkish goal on the quick breakaway he was going nuts...great game, just sucks that their goal keeper was an idiot and got that red card for Thursday's match...

Croatia vs Turkey should be a lot of fun in my house...

Went to the US game. They won 8-0. I'm pretty sure the score would have been the same had they decided to play without a goalie.

I thought they should have shown some pictures of Guzan having a sandwich in his goal.

What a yawner.

Yeah. Hard to tell much from a game like that. It was nice to see Eddie Johnson come in and score instead of choke as usual. And Dempsey continues to finish better than anyone on the roster.

Ughh, I actually HATED seeing that.

EJ can score against crappy opposition. But he has no touch or abilities against quality sides, as witnessed the previous 3 games.

So now Bradley and the EJ posse have a reason to claim he deserves more PT. Ching is much better right now than EJ, but both will take a backseat to Altidore int he next year.

Oh, and for those following as closely as I do. Our next round of opponents are the winners of-

Trinidad and Tobago vs Bermuda

Cuba vs Netherlands Antilles

Guatemala vs St Lucia.

So far, Guats beat up St Lucia 6-0. So theyre through to the next round.

Cuba and NA start tomorrow.

AND the biggest suprise...

Bermuda beat TnT (remember they made the WC last time) 2-1 IN TRINIDAD.

If they hold on at home, then the US has an even easier road in the next round. Plus we'd get a game IN Bermuda. Might be worth a trip this fall.

Ughh, I actually HATED seeing that.

EJ can score against crappy opposition. But he has no touch or abilities against quality sides, as witnessed the previous 3 games.

So now Bradley and the EJ posse have a reason to claim he deserves more PT. Ching is much better right now than EJ, but both will take a backseat to Altidore int he next year.

I think Ching had a hat trick yesterday. But he looked terrible early on -- blew two easy goals. He played like, you know, Johnson. Neither is a great option.

I was really hoping that Croatia would win. They were the better team. The Turk goal was a little lucky. It bounced right to the guy and it struck a defender and redirected the ball.

I will say that the Turks can shoot penulty kicks. I guess I will root for Germany next Weds.

However, I am rooting for the Dutch this tournament. So far they have looked the best. I would love to see a Spain/Netherlands semi's.

Well, one of my roommates is 100% Croatian, and the other is 100% Turkish, so that match-up was sort of a house divided, even though everyone was pulling for Turkey.

What a great finish- I think Turkey has proven to be a dangerous team in the tournament with the way it can hang around for the entire game and keep finding this never-quit attitude to come back.

That was an awesome game. Croatia freaking sucks. You dont let an opponent come back with 2 minutes left on the clock. Doofusses.

Italy/Spain today is gunna be sick! I dont like either team, but I want Spain to win just because Italy won the World Cup.

Now that Portugal is out I have to find another team to root for. It might be Turkey.

Archived