Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does this work? (increasing gas mileage)

Spaceman Spiff

No way I'm trying that! Just use this stuff:

http://www.lucasoil.com/products/display_products.sd?iid=26&catid=2&loc=show

add 2-3 oz per ten gallons of gas. I get 3-4 more miles per gallon outta my wife's car and 1-2 out of mine. 25.00 for a gallon of it at NAPA. The stuff pays for itself many times over, its safe and supposedly prevents buildup.

They sell little four ounce bottles and a larger squeeze bottle too. I just fill a smaller bottle and keep it in the car to add at fill up.

I tried hypermiling on my commute home this morning and my commute to work this afternoon. When I got in my car the avg mpg was at 29.6 when I came into work this afternoon it was at 32.0. It works and I don't care if I piss people off for driving conservatively.

I tried hypermiling on my commute home this morning and my commute to work this afternoon. When I got in my car the avg mpg was at 29.6 when I came into work this afternoon it was at 32.0. It works and I don't care if I piss people off for driving conservatively.

The smart side of me thinks good for you. Your saving money and driving smart.

The crazy side says your the people I hate when I'm trying to get to work on time.:silly:

how did you measure how many milse per gallon you were doing

how did you measure how many milse per gallon you were doing

I used my cars built in AVG MPG meter.

Usually I'll reset it and see a a drastic jump while on the highway. This time I left it and with being a little more conservative the gas mileage improved by 2.4 MPG. I'm going to continue to post results after each commute. BTW, I commute roughly 120 miles a day. For the most part it is all highway and I set the CC around 65.

The smart side of me thinks good for you. Your saving money and driving smart.

The crazy side says your the people I hate when I'm trying to get to work on time.:silly:

This is a REAL difference for me as well because I am used to driving 70-75 in the left lane and now I drive 60-65 in the right.

No way I'm trying that! Just use this stuff:

http://www.lucasoil.com/products/display_products.sd?iid=26&catid=2&loc=show

add 2-3 oz per ten gallons of gas. I get 3-4 more miles per gallon outta my wife's car and 1-2 out of mine. 25.00 for a gallon of it at NAPA. The stuff pays for itself many times over, its safe and supposedly prevents buildup.

They sell little four ounce bottles and a larger squeeze bottle too. I just fill a smaller bottle and keep it in the car to add at fill up.

It's cheaper by the gallon

449-FuelTreat.jpg

good stuff. Also a noticible increase in power

Archived