Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jerseys - Game-Worn, Team-Issued, Authentic, Replica, Fake, and everything in between

Mark The Homer

Mark - Thanks so much for this thread! It has been enjoyable to watch it evolve over the past year +.

Also, thanks for adding the josportsco.com link. I had been looking at that website for a while and I took the plunge the other night and purchased the Marcus Wahsington 75th Anniversary game worn jersey that was used during the 9/23/07 game vs the Giants. The game worn jerseys are pricey, but I decided to go for it since I'm a MW fan (even if he's not with the team anymore) and the jersey is so unique. I can't wait for it to show up.

Thanks again for the great work!

MTH -

Help needed! Can you tell me if these jerseys are worth it and if they look legit? The link is: http://www.jersey101.com/en/products.asp?typeid=179

I am not looking at the Mitchell & Ness jerseys. Looking at the current players. Please provide some input please. I would like to grab some jerseys for Training Camp.

Any help would be great!

Thanks again!

HAIL

MTH -

Help needed! Can you tell me if these jerseys are worth it and if they look legit? The link is: http://www.jersey101.com/en/products.asp?typeid=179

I am not looking at the Mitchell & Ness jerseys. Looking at the current players. Please provide some input please. I would like to grab some jerseys for Training Camp.

Any help would be great!

Thanks again!

HAIL

Fake. The stitching isn't right, the font seems to be off, and the 4 on the Cooley jersey is waay wrong. Thats the stuff I noticed at first, there could be more.

EDIT: Found something else, REDSKINS is way too small for a jersey, and the N seems to be incorrect, but it's hard to tell with the photos. The number placement seems sketchy also.

EDIT #2: On the burgundy jerseys, if they wanted to go for the 70th anniv. throwback, there is yellow around the numbers which there never was.

EDIT #3: The burgundy jerseys (regular) have the wrong color as well. The burgundy should be lighter.

Fake. The stitching isn't right, the font seems to be off, and the 4 on the Cooley jersey is waay wrong. Thats the stuff I noticed at first, there could be more.

EDIT: Found something else, REDSKINS is way too small for a jersey, and the N seems to be incorrect, but it's hard to tell with the photos. The number placement seems sketchy also.

EDIT #2: On the burgundy jerseys, if they wanted to go for the 70th anniv. throwback, there is yellow around the numbers which there never was.

EDIT #3: The burgundy jerseys (regular) have the wrong color as well. The burgundy should be lighter.

Hey thanks for the quick and detailed reply. Where can one find these jerseys that are cheap yet correct. I am dying to get a new jersey (CP mostly) for cheap (must be stitched). I recently just purchased MY first NEW car (2009 BMW 335i xDrive) and am looking to save some money any way possible.

Any help is appreciated!

Hey thanks for the quick and detailed reply. Where can one find these jerseys that are cheap yet correct. I am dying to get a new jersey (CP mostly) for cheap (must be stitched). I recently just purchased MY first NEW car (2009 BMW 335i xDrive) and am looking to save some money any way possible.

Any help is appreciated!

If you want a true authentic jersey, then the cheapest I could find was at Redskins.com for $281 (and some change); however, you could also get a premier jersey for $110. The only things not stitched on a premier is the REDSKINS name and the reebok logos. The numbers do, however, fade a little bit and do not look as nice after a few washings.

Ebay can field cheap(er) legit jerseys. I think I found one for $189 on the first page, but I'm not 100% sure. Search "authentic clinton portis jersey" and there is a bunch of results. Ask any of the jersey buff here or on jerseycentral.org and one of us can decifer if its legit or not.

If you want a true authentic jersey, then the cheapest I could find was at Redskins.com for $281 (and some change); however, you could also get a premier jersey for $110. The only things not stitched on a premier is the REDSKINS name and the reebok logos. The numbers do, however, fade a little bit and do not look as nice after a few washings.

Ebay can field cheap(er) legit jerseys. I think I found one for $189 on the first page, but I'm not 100% sure. Search "authentic clinton portis jersey" and there is a bunch of results. Ask any of the jersey buff here or on jerseycentral.org and one of us can decifer if its legit or not.

Awesome thanks a lot! I will do some research!

HAIL JERSEY BUFFS!

The thing about the premiers is the numbers, although stitched, are actually a pressed number which is then stitched. It's not the canvas number like on authentics and gamers. It's also not two-ply or double-stitched. See example below. Still, it's a much better value than a retail authentic, IMO, and it looks pretty sharp. If I was going to buy a retail authentic, it would have to be on sale and significantly marked down.

redskinseqtdetail7edd1.jpg

The thing about the premiers is the numbers, although stitched, are actually a pressed number which is then stitched. It's not the canvas number like on authentics and gamers. It's also not two-ply or double-stitched. Still, it's a much better value than a retail authentic, IMO. If I was going to buy a retail authentic, it would have to be on sale and significantly marked down.

And the big man on campus (or this thread) has arrived. Thanks for your input MTH! I will report back with any moves that I make.

HAIL

The thing about the premiers is the numbers, although stitched, are actually a pressed number which is then stitched. It's not the canvas number like on authentics and gamers. It's also not two-ply or double-stitched. See example below. Still, it's a much better value than a retail authentic, IMO, and it looks pretty sharp. If I was going to buy a retail authentic, it would have to be on sale and significantly marked down.

redskinseqtdetail7edd1.jpg

For me, I like the premier jersey's. While the gamers are the actual "real" thing and are a great collectors item, I can't bring myself to drop alot of coin on a jersey that I will probably never wear or can't fit into. Maybe if I was a hardcore collector it would be different.

I started out with just a few replica jersey's, but after months of wear, I wanted an upgrade, so I went looking for an authentic and actually once dropped $250 on one. While I do wear it (its a Randle El) it's tough to see myself paying that kind of cash for a jersey given the crazy amount of turnover with this roster. Enter the premier jersey. At around $60-$100 its a much better value. Its not as heavy as the authentics but is a enormous upgrade over the screened on replicas. I have 3 premier jersey's (Portis, Taylor, and a throwback Moss) and love them.

If you don't have $300 to spend on an authentic, I recommened the premier. Just wash it carefully and hang-dry!

I personally hate the premier jerseys (just to cheap looking) . I don't think the "Redskins" in the chest of the jersey is stitched, or the rebook logo? I'm an authentic type of dude just somthing about the weight of the jersey and piece of mind that it's the real deal... I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for thinking other wise though.

I was going to get a game used jersey this year but ended up buying a replica helmet instead (have one MTH?). Probabley my favorite piece of redskins merchandise.

• 2 weeks later...

Found this NFLSHOP coupon code today: NFLWIN25 for 25% off order.

Not bad and with the season starting it may be the best deal. I was waiting to see the 40% Reebok coupon this offseason but I never caught it.

Does anyone have one that is better?

• 1 month later...
Found this NFLSHOP coupon code today: NFLWIN25 for 25% off order.

Not bad and with the season starting it may be the best deal. I was waiting to see the 40% Reebok coupon this offseason but I never caught it.

Does anyone have one that is better?

I'm interested in maybe getting a Darrell Green premier. At NFLshop I noticed when you enlarge the photo of the jersey, there does not appear to be "Redskins" across the center chest. I'm assuming its there. But not sure why they didn't have it shown that way. Does anyone who bought one there know if it does, or doesn't? Because no way im buying one if it doesn't have the name on it.

Also, I might need help with sizing, as I've never purchased a premier before.

And is the 25% still available? Can anyone help with any of these questions?

I assume these are the jerseys you're looking at:

http://www.nflshop.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=darrell%20green&origkw=darrell%20green&sr=1

These are labeled as "throwback" jerseys. As such, they wouldn't have "Redskins" across the center chest, since this didnt appear on jerseys until the 2003 (or 2002 on 70th annis) season.

Your second question can be answered by seeing what happens when you apply the promotional code in the promotional code box.

Hope this helps.

MTH, first off, just want to say that your jersey info is very helpful. I purchased an Authentic Personalized from NFLshop. But wasnt aware that it wasnt an "On Field" jersey.

I live on the west coast and really dont see anything. Where can I find some of the Team Issued Jerseys for reasonable prices? I've looked at JOsports and nothing that has caught my eye or really expensive.

I've seen some of the things that you've purchased and posted before. Things that you've purchased from the team store for good prices. Any info would help. Thanks

I assume these are the jerseys you're looking at:

http://www.nflshop.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=darrell%20green&origkw=darrell%20green&sr=1

These are labeled as "throwback" jerseys. As such, they wouldn't have "Redskins" across the center chest, since this didnt appear on jerseys until the 2003 (or 2002 on 70th annis) season.

Your second question can be answered by seeing what happens when you apply the promotional code in the promotional code box.

Hope this helps.

Oh yeah, good point. Totally forgot it was a throwback. That would definitely explain it.

Anyway, I decided against getting one...for now. I did hear that the promotional code still works, up until March 2010.

So, if anyone is interested in some Skins gear, you can get 25% off. NFLWIN25 is what you type in.

Thanks, MTH.

yo mark i've got a brand new Sean Taylor 08 authetic white jersey size 48 and I'm wondering how much i can sell it for?

it's officical, not one of those cheap knockoffs everyone is selling on ebay. I got it from the redskins store sometime last winter. I bought a burgandy and a white one. I've been wearing the burgandy one but the white jersey has been hanging in my closet.

i just checked ebay and didnt see a signle legit authetic ST jersey there so maybe they stopped making them and i can actually get a good amount of money for this

what do you think?

• 3 weeks later...

I won an authentic Orakpo jersey at a bar during the Giants game, yay for me!

Now my question. Do they not make a Carlos Rogers jersey? I looked at the Redskins store in Fair Oaks, nothing. I also looked online at Redskins.com and NFL.com... nothing. I can find Smoot and Hall, but no Rogers. What gives?

Archived